PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto H1 sale...

hunt_ak
12-23-11, 18:16
So PSA is having an Aimpoint H1 sale. Yeah, I don't have NV and don't really plan on having NV anytime soon so I think the H1 would suit, but is the mount that comes with it any good? Price is hard to pass up...

ryr8828
12-24-11, 09:36
That's the aimpoint lrp mount. I have one that came with my T-1 and it suits me fine. The mount and spacer gives me lower 1/3 cowitness.

balletto
12-24-11, 13:07
Definitely a great deal. Was considering an Aimpoint PRO, but couldn't pass up this one.

Tried to find some reviews of the included mount, didn't find any bad comments, but no glowing reviews.

Figure if the mount ends up not working so well, I can purchase a Daniel Defense mount, and still end up ahead.

Tomac
12-25-11, 14:50
Ordered 2! :D
Tomac

Voodoo_Man
12-25-11, 15:08
just ordered one, awesome price

hunt_ak
12-25-11, 17:23
Yeah I ordered two as well (one for a buddy though). If its as good as everyone says it is, I'm happy to get a deal!

SIGFORALL
12-30-11, 22:13
Mine came today, it will have to go back. The 4 moa dot looks like several fuzzy dots thru the entire power range on the unit I have. I hope PSA will just exchange it for a new unit.:mad:

sadmin
12-30-11, 22:17
Mine came today, it will have to go back. The 4 moa dot looks like several fuzzy dots thru the entire power range on the unit I have. I hope PSA will just exchange it for a new unit.:mad:

First RDS?

hunt_ak
12-30-11, 22:21
Bummer. My two come Monday after the holiday...I'll report back...

SIGFORALL
12-30-11, 22:34
First RDS?

This will be the sixth, first one I have spent over $350.00 on. I have a couple of cheezy LOW dollar units with cleaner dots than this H1.

ZoomByU
12-30-11, 22:39
What's the price? I'm looking at it on my phone but don't see a price.

SIGFORALL
12-30-11, 22:41
$459.99 incl shipping.

cabbynate
12-31-11, 16:29

Before you send it back have someone else take a look through it that is under 30 years old with 20/20 vision just to make sure. It might be the sight or it might be your eyes. If it is your eyes you will want your money back...

Tomac
12-31-11, 16:37
Before you send it back have someone else take a look through it that is under 30 years old with 20/20 vision just to make sure. It might be the sight or it might be your eyes. If it is your eyes you will want your money back...

This. As I get older, creeping astigmatism is making RDS reticles increasingly distorted.
Simple test: Look through the H1 while rotating it 360 degrees. If the reticle distortion rotates w/the optic then the problem is w/the optic. If the distortion doesn't rotate w/the optic then the problem is w/your eyes.
HTH...
Tomac

militarymoron
12-31-11, 18:02
they're out of stock.

Tomac
12-31-11, 18:20
they're out of stock.

Strange, their website doesn't indicate "out of stock" (supposedly they have an inventory-interactive website that will automatically indicate when out of stock).
I ordered my two on the 24th after some else reported they were out of stock but I got my UPS tracking info on the 28th.
Hmmm....
Tomac

ETA: Tried placing one in my shopping cart and sure enough, got the "out of stock" page.

Tomac
01-01-12, 14:56
How rugged/durable is the LRP mount? I don't need QD, would the Daniel Defense Micro Mount be significantly better? Thx!...
Tomac

ra2bach
01-01-12, 17:33
How rugged/durable is the LRP mount? I don't need QD, would the Daniel Defense Micro Mount be significantly better? Thx!...
Tomac

if you watch the Larry Vicker torture video of the Daniel Defense carbine, you'll see the T1 mounted on the DD mount. lots of people were impressed with the gun. more were impressed that the T1 held zero. I was impressed with the mount.

significantly better than the LRP? can't say...

Caeser25
01-01-12, 21:42
This. As I get older, creeping astigmatism is making RDS reticles increasingly distorted.
Simple test: Look through the H1 while rotating it 360 degrees. If the reticle distortion rotates w/the optic then the problem is w/the optic. If the distortion doesn't rotate w/the optic then the problem is w/your eyes.
HTH...
Tomac

Take a picture with a camera.