PDA

View Full Version : What are your range bag essentials?

halo2304
12-23-11, 19:26
Besides mags, ammo, eye & ear protection and maybe a stapler, what else should you always carry in your range bag? Anything that makes your life easier with a particular firearm?

I'm not new to shooting but I decided to put this in the "New to Firearms/Shooting" section because there are things that can the more experienced among us can pass along.

I'll go first since I started this thread.

I've really come to love the UpLULA (pistol mags) & the StripLULA (AR mags)from Maglula (http://www.maglula.com/)

I have yet to find a range bag essential for my shotgun.

NoveskeFan
12-23-11, 19:29
Rag and lube. That sounds dirty...:D

Anyway, if you have electronic ear pro, batteries for said ear pro...or standard ear pro.

I also keep Sharpie markers / pens or stickers and labels to mark suspect magazines.

glockeyed
12-23-11, 20:33
screwdriver, with allen head bits too. along with a little POS crescent wrench.

leadsender
12-23-11, 20:42
Leatherman MUT and duct tape... Bottle of water. I'll bring a drill and screws to repair wooden targets

mdoan300
12-23-11, 22:39
Trauma kit.

jawalterusmc
12-24-11, 06:30
all of the above...add a spotting scope, benchrests to assist with zeroing in your rifle, tablet for recording hits and adjustments for zero, 100yds, 200yds, etc. and ammo fired, shooting glasses.

matemike
12-24-11, 06:38
a pair of binocs. And a range finder if I'm plinking from my truckbed at randomly placed targets or I go to a range that's new to me.

Hmac
12-24-11, 07:12
A roll of black and a roll of white masking tape for taping targets.

Big Wall
12-24-11, 10:17
Bore snake just in case. Lube. Tinted and clear safety glasses. Cleaning rod in case anyone gets a squib. FAK. Electronic ears. Water.

NitroDave08
12-24-11, 11:13
I have one of them long cleaning rods that fits the .17cals. Help to keep from running a great day when a shooting partner used the )(&*)(*^ TULAMMO in their mini. Was able to backout the jammed casing.

Also a camera (cell or real), stapler, tape, rangefinder(soon), boresnake, and ONLY the ammo I have budgeted to shoot, a paint pen (used to mark troublesome magazines) and finally some kind of bag to carry the spent casings. I dont reload but I usually leave the bag by the range house and someone that does picks them up.

ryr8828
12-24-11, 12:02
I think that everything I have in my range bag has been covered by this thread except one. A box of staples for when my stapler runs out.

mdoan300
12-24-11, 12:26
I think that everything I have in my range bag has been covered by this thread except one. A box of staples for when my stapler runs out.

Good point. We ran into that issue yesterday. :)

smm345
02-13-12, 20:17
Basic gun maintenance Tool/Cleaning Kit so that little things will not interrupt the fun. Extra foam ear plugs for the same people who always seem to forget that things can get a little loud while shooting. Bandaids/"New Skin" Liquid Bandage....... and the Trauma Kit mentioned above (with at least 1 Bolin Chest Shield) if something really goes wrong.

eternal24k
02-13-12, 20:27
hearing protection (w/ backup buds)
Knife
Duct Tape
Perm markers
cleaning kit
multi-tool
small rear bag
eye protection

Evil Colt 6920
02-13-12, 20:31
All of the above plus hand sanitizer and some snacks if you plan on being out there a while.

cmoore
02-13-12, 22:03
The standards listed above, several times, plus a tourniquet and GSW blow-out kit.

mallowpufft
02-14-12, 09:47
I only have a couple things to add to the list that haven't been covered yet...

Some twine because one of the ranges I shoot at has steel posts in the ground with string to hold your targets up. This way if there isn't any twine and I forgot my target stands I can still or can use my stands plus the twine for multiple targets if nobody is around.

I also carry binder clips for holding my targets to the twine. They're dirt cheap and hold well.

Others have mentioned water. I like my metal water bottle with sport lid that doesn't require me to touch it with dirty hands or my plastic bike bottle that has the sport lid PLUS a plastic cone over it so it's lead/dust free.
I recently fell in love with the "Hydro Flask". It's a double walled stainless water bottle. It's amazing. Comes in 21oz, 40oz and 3 liter (I think). I've got the 40oz & it's perfect for keeping some coffee hot on a cold day or ensuring that I have plenty of cold water for long days in warm weather.

Atchcraft
02-14-12, 11:18
All of the above plus hand sanitizer and some snacks if you plan on being out there a while.

This was going to be my addition. I keep my bag pretty well stocked with everything listed above, but started keeping trail mix/energy bars because I'd race to the range and forget to eat.

I started keeping a "clip-clip" in there for indoor ranges as well. When paper targets fly around in drafts, it helps keep them in check.

Axcelea
02-19-12, 17:28
Ear pro, eye pro, hat, gloves, lube, and that pretty much covers it besides ammunition, mags, targets, and that stuff.

If I didn't have a knife, multi-tool, long sleeves, etc on me at the time I will throw those other things into it.

Hitokiri
04-02-12, 18:48
I went to an outdoor range for the first time, I brought binoculars and shoot-n-cs.

If you are looking for a faster way to load a magazine other than the uplulas, try buying stripper clips. You can load 10 at a time and it's reasonably cheap.

3 AE
04-02-12, 19:14
I never go to the range without making sure I packed my Alta Flex kneepads in my range bag. The outdoor club I shoot at has poured concrete at the firing line at most of their bays. There are also bays that just have gravel. The pads sure do a great job of protecting my knees and pants from getting torn up.

Voodoo_Man
04-02-12, 19:25
baby wipes.

OldState
04-02-12, 19:40
If you reload or shoot Russian ammo keep a cleaning rod around for squibs. I've never needed it but have loaned it many times.

3 AE
04-02-12, 19:40
baby wipes.

Good idea. Forgot all about them. Just added a "travel pack" to my bag now.

Voodoo_Man
04-02-12, 19:47
If you reload or shoot Russian ammo keep a cleaning rod around for squibs. I've never needed it but have loaned it many times.

http://www.gggaz.com/rapid-rod-gun-cleaning-rod.html

Letterby
04-02-12, 19:51
Medical kit is number one (trauma kit and burn cream). On the non mentioned items sun block, especially in AZ. And a crap ton of H2O.

sgtjosh
04-02-12, 20:37
50 ft tape measure

eo500
04-02-12, 20:48
Don't forget the bug spray depending on your particular location.

mtdawg169
04-17-12, 13:37
Extra mags, lube, laser rangefinder, eyes & ears, batteries for earpro, maglula for the AR & another for pistols, Otis kit, binder clips for targets, masking tape, pen, mulitasker, targets, gloves, H2O, stapler and a fresh can of skoal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SteadyUp
04-17-12, 13:47
I bring the following in my bag:

lube
targets (standard bullseye and drill specific targets, such as FASTest or Dot Torture)
target pasters
staple gun and staples
eye and ear protection
baseball cap
3x5 and 5x8 index cards
note book
rags or paper towels
sun block
bug spray
plastic bags

SuperiorDG
04-17-12, 16:26
Latex gloves for brass clean up.

Multiple band-aid sizes, I'm always cutting myself or getting blood blisters.

halo2304
04-17-12, 17:47
An item I'm planning to add back to my range bag is another Glock knife. I gave mine to my dad as something to keep in his plane. I know it's not the best knife but it's better than some and certainly better than nothing. I like the fact that it's a relatively big knife but slim so it doesn't take up a lot of room. I had the model with saw teeth on the spine of the blade and while they're no substitute for an actual saw, they worked rather well.

iomatic
04-17-12, 18:10
Yup. All mentioned here.

New joke of the day: why are gun owners the best? They always bring lube.

LEXUSF
04-18-12, 09:40
i carry a tool like my Leatherman MUT. along with all the other main stuff. plus a cleaning kit!

iomatic
04-27-12, 17:10
Anyone have a multitasker?

RiggerGod
04-28-12, 03:06
Binoculars for adjusting fire.
M16 Sight tool/s
Chemical hand warmers (Each time I went to the range in the past two weeks it's been in the low 40's and raining hard all day. Raynaud's is a bitch.)
Sunscreen
My gucci eyes and ears & extra for others
batteries for everything
CAT tool
small assortment of spare parts
Staple gun

Hmac
04-28-12, 08:09
As a space-efficient sun block and insect repellent, I've found these (Field Shield) to work extremely well over the last two summers I've been using them.

http://SSEquine.net/fieldshield.jpg

!Nvasi0n
05-08-12, 20:07
maybe i missed something. But did anyone mention targets? going to the range without targets is kinda pointless right

Suwannee Tim
05-08-12, 20:49
Besides mags, ammo, eye & ear protection and maybe a stapler, what else should you always carry in your range bag?.....

My range bag is the back of a Chevy van. All the above and a large tool box and a tape handle for taping targets down on windy and or rainy days. Water, coffee, window cleaner, knee pads.....

I never go to the range without making sure I packed my Alta Flex kneepads in my range bag.....

Don't have no knee pads. I have had several sets, threw or gave them all away because they strangled my legs. Have to try a pair of these Alta pads.

Breakfast, lunch, ammo, spare ammo, more ammo.

Semper Paratus
05-08-12, 21:16
My Browning Buckmark 5 mags and a hudred rounds of .22LR ammo to cure magnumitis in the ladies and youngsters....I do my best to ensure that no new shooter leaves the range overloaded with recoil or muzzle blast.
Disposable sponge type ear plugs for the folks that can't get the ear pro to work around their glasses, hats or hair.
A clean crew neck tee shirt to protect the lady's hot brass scoops when ideally attired for sight seeing not shooting.

iomatic
05-09-12, 13:12
maybe i missed something. But did anyone mention targets? going to the range without targets is kinda pointless right

Those don't usually fit a bag, unless you like little targets.

My IPSC targets are in a box and steel needs to be separate with rattle cans. That's one heavy load for your shoulder.

But to your point, yes, a staple gun and staples are key to mounting paper targets. I have different kits for different activities. Pistol has a larger load out for some reason.

Pistol:
-hydration/snack
-cleaners
-FAK- not much trauma, more headache relief
-mags
-holster/belt/mag holsters
-eyes and ears
-ammo

Rifle:
-same as above
-bore snake
-rifle parts

Shotgun
-shells
-shell bag
-eyes/ears

Keep it light. Not much else.

RogerinTPA
05-09-12, 16:06
Many of the above mentioned, as well as an enhanced IFAK.

jaxman7
05-11-12, 10:32
Insect repellent, as others have mentioned is huge where I am from. Also a small bottle of rubbing alcohol and some towels to wipe any smears or sweat that may get on my optics or shooting glasses.

-Jax

Shokr21
05-11-12, 11:43
Always in my range bag:
guns
mags
ammo
eyes clear, amber, smoke
ears electric, and lots of extra plugs
stapler
targets 3x5's and 8" pasters
bandaids
israeli bandage
CAT tourniquet
gloves
rubber cement (small cuts)
duct tape
athletic tape
lube
small cleaning kit with rods
chewing tobacco
water/gatorade

Suwannee Tim
05-11-12, 20:14
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/allentimfrank/loadedastro.jpg

Yea, yea, I know. Too much stuff. I have never been accused of traveling too light.

LEXUSF
05-11-12, 21:32
Better to have more than enough!

Suwannee Tim
05-12-12, 07:13
Better to have more than enough!

You should see what I have in the trailer!

maximus83
05-12-12, 13:10
I stuff everything I bring into my range bag aside from the weapon itself and targets. Oh yeah, and if shooting at more than 100, a spotting scope plus tripod.

* Earpro/eyepro
* Leatherman Charge and a multi-tipped screwdriver
* Hammer, nails, and tape, for targets. (We have to fix up our own target stands)
* Stickers for patching bullet holes in targets.
* Ammo
* Lube and rags
* Wipe-out bore cleaner and Otis pull-thru cleaning kit. (I always pull a patch thru the bore before I head home, while bore is warm, as it facilitates removing barrel deposits by time I'm home.)
* Micro-fiber cloth and a solution for wiping off scope/optic lenses.
* Light pair of binocs for examining targets up to 100.

quirino21
05-15-12, 20:36
+1
and ammo

hearing protection (w/ backup buds)
Knife
Duct Tape
Perm markers
cleaning kit
multi-tool
small rear bag
eye protection

antlad
05-25-12, 16:07
I keep all of my shooting gear in 2 action packers and depending on what I'll be shooting (I try to stick to 1 weapon) I load up my range bag accordingly. My standard range bag gear are 2 staplers, one small for fastening targets, and the larger one for attaching uspsa cardboard targets, assorted paper plates, lube, small tools, earpro, eyepro, tape (uhaul sells brown 2" tape that matches cardboard perfectly), water, and some shoot n see targets. This is all off the top of my head.

kcmo83
05-29-12, 07:59
Not to derail, but for those looking for a generally accepted 'good value' range bag to put all of your range essentials in, Midway USA has theirs on sale again until June 30th: http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/939259680/midwayusa-competition-range-bag

Red Rezin
08-01-12, 14:28
With the chewed up targets at my outdoor range, I always try and bring masking tape for putting up targets and getting them to stick. Magnified optics help see shot placement when range is hot.

Red Rezin

Red Rezin
08-01-12, 14:29
And of course the usual lube, rags, boresnake, hearing & eye protection.. etc.

Red Rezin
08-01-12, 14:30
Last one...a coin is useful if you don't have proper tools to adjust sights.

Ironman8
08-01-12, 14:53
I may have just completely missed it, but I'm surprised nobody mentioned a shot timer! Just got one recently and it will go with me whenever and wherever I go shooting. Gotta keep track of progress some way :D

Evil Colt 6920
08-01-12, 15:07
I may have just completely missed it, but I'm surprised nobody mentioned a shot timer! Just got one recently and it will go with me whenever and wherever I go shooting. Gotta keep track of progress some way :D

Nice catch! If I actually owned one:mad:I would make damn sure it was in my range bag. I need to get one, bad. Myself and another member here were at the range today relying on a cell phone for timing drills:secret:

RiggerGod
08-02-12, 01:24
If you have a smart phone but need a shot timer:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shottimer/id295005845?mt=8
Works pretty good.

fail wagon
08-02-12, 12:09
on top of the basics, tape a multi tip screwdriver kit and an allen set along with extra ear pro for forgetful friends as well as some lube and a cloth

zimm17
08-02-12, 14:19
I second the Midway USA range bag. Made in China, but it's high quality and CHEAP. I got the "small" and it's plenty big for a few hanguns and ammo.

For the list of stuff- add some Bondhus Gorillagrip folding allen wrenches for adjusting sights, or tightening stuff on quad rails.

http://www.bondhus.com/products/foldups/body51.htm

You can get 'em cheap on amazon.

hatidua
08-04-12, 13:04
Notebook with laminated photocopies of all of my NFA approval forms.

currahee
08-05-12, 11:13
I have two range bags - one small, just for pistol or 22 shooting and another large one that I keep all my go-bag gear in except the guns.

Small bag- can hold a pistol but I mostly shoot my CCW anyway

-zip-lock with spare staples, sharpies, index cars and small black
shoot-n-see stickers (to mark paper plates).
-staple gun
-trauma kit
-first aid kit
-target tape
-foam ear plugs and some cheap eyepro
-multi tool
-ammo and mags go in when I am heading to the range

Large bag- can hold long guns

-chest rig w/3 mags radio, CAT, Mora
-3 mag MOLLE bandoleer w/mags
-Arcteryx knee pads
-my field repair/cleaning kit
-staple gun
-trauma kit
-first aid kit
-target tape
-foam ear plugs and some cheap eyepro
-I have a hundred rounds of good 9mm and a 300 round SA battle pack in it, but that is for chinese mutant zombie airborne biker rapists and I add training ammo when heading to the range

My truck generally has a lot of other shooting stuff in it, I load it with the targets I'm gonna shoot

afd77
09-06-12, 14:48
Just cleaned and inventoried my range bag, so I thought I'd share it's contents. The bag is the competition range bag from Midway USA. Mine is set up for pistol and AR.

Inner bag

1. Pistol mags - 6
2. AR-15 mags - 4
3. Electronic hearing pro
4. Surefire hearing pro
5. Clear eye pro
6. Shot timer
7. Contour Roam camera
8. Target stickers
9. All-weather notepad
10. Pen & sharpie

Main bag

1. Binoculars
2. Laser range finder
3. Stapler & extra staples
4. Brass bag
5. Laser bore sighter
6. Lens pen & cloth
7. Extra ear plugs
8. Extra batteries (CR123A & AAA)
9. Dummy rounds
10. Nylon bristled brush
11. Sectional cleaning rod
12. Lube
13. LULA mag loader
14. Gloves
15. Wet wipes
16. ITW Field Shield wipes
17. Small boo-boo kit
18. Clif bar
19. Bottle of water
22. Small multi-bit screwdriver & bits
21. Waterproof pouch containing owners manuals and copies of NFA stamps.

Each firearm has it's own case with extra mags, slings, and other weapon related items specific to that firearm.

ra2bach
09-12-12, 08:49
diaper wipes...

p7fl
09-12-12, 11:18
I've gone the other direction:
Surefire earpro
Pen
Leatherman

Everything else stays in the car. Got tired of dragging a giant bag of what ifs. Now I use a messenger bag and throw in only what I know I will need.

Northerner
09-15-12, 12:44
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/allentimfrank/loadedastro.jpg

now i wish i had that much of a problem when taking stuff to the range!
damn im green with envy! :bad:

the main new thing i have been thinking about buying to take to the range is one of
those four legged popup canopies so i can be in the shade, a decent one runs under
a hundred bucks at walmart but i was thinking of a patio umbrella, it is easily collapsible
and the pole comes apart and some tilt and its half the price of a canopy and much
easier to set up.

when i go to the range i take my range box that holds my target pistol
a bunch of ammo, extra mags, speed loader, eye/ear protection, targets,
stickers, tape/stapler, tools, towel for bench, lube rag, range scope mounted
on box (needs replaced, old & foggy lens') and a chair but it dont fit in the box! lol

my range box was my fathers and its at least 30 years old and still in perfect condition
its a Gun-Ho and i see they are still in business so that has to tell you something about
their quality. i see they have an add-on drawer with sliders that bolts in so i will get that
to put in place of the plastic tray it has now.

my box
http://i50.tinypic.com/x3buz7.jpg

add on slide tray
http://www.bullseyegear.com/bullseyepistol/images/D/sbtrayl2.jpg

White.Lightning
09-24-12, 08:40
Just joined the local outdoor range by my new house yesterday. After paging through this thread it looks like I have some things to buy!

The only thing I can add to this thread, and it's my OCD coming out, but have bags to organize everything. One large range bag, with smaller bags with similar items. For example- cleaning bag, first aid bag, spare parts (batteries, gun parts, etc) bag, target bag (tape, labels, etc). These could be nylon/leather/etc bags, or even clear gallon sized ziplock bags. I hate having to dig through a bag of random crap to find where the AAA batteries fell to.

When I go to any range, I typically bring rifles and handguns, so the load out would remain the same for me each trip.

ETA: If planning on shooting long rifles for a prolonged period of time make sure you bring your bench rest, sand bags, whatever you use. I also have a shooting mat I bring for shooting prone.

stitch702
10-09-12, 16:46
Avid Gun tool (best thing I have in my range bag since it cut down the amount of tools I needed to carry and sized them down into one conveniant package.)

Pre loaded Magazines w/ Ammo

Flashlight

Front Sight Tool

Basic military issued cleaning kit w/ some lube

Binoculars

BTW I liked how some people mentioned that they carried a trauma kit. That's not a bad idea. I may have to look into purchasing one at the upcoming gun show...

currahee
10-09-12, 16:50
Avid Gun tool (best thing I have in my range bag since it cut down the amount of tools I needed to carry and sized them down into one conveniant package.)

Pre loaded Magazines w/ Ammo

Flashlight

Front Sight Tool

Basic military issued cleaning kit w/ some lube

Binoculars

BTW I liked how some people mentioned that they carried a trauma kit. That's not a bad idea. I may have to look into purchasing one at the upcoming gun show...

Best thing to do is watch a few you tube vids and build your own. You save money and understand what it is better.

playlist on trauma kits (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL34899B5715E530DA)

Moltke
10-09-12, 17:00
Unless I'm doing work on a gun I keep my range gear in my jeep. It's the only car I take to the range/competitions and it's always reasonably close by.

Gun
Magazines
Ammo
Eye pro
Ear pro
Boots
Toolkit
Towel
Cleaning kit w/ single piece rod
Big bottle of CLP
Target stands & sticks
Cardboards
Targets
Stapler
Spotting scope
Benchrest
Medkit
A bunch of brimmed hats
Big green tote box that it all gets dumped in

And a box of cigars, with lighter and punch.

danpass
05-04-13, 21:22
Range Bag, Pistol
Pistols in rugs
Ammo
Mags
Mag loader
Pistol Stand
Two cotton towels
32oz water
Leather mat remnant
Earplugs
Safety glasses clear and smoke
Boonie hat
Victorinox knife, Tinker
Monocular
Weaponshield Grease and Oil
Masking tape
Clip light
Sharpie
Target centers
Hi viz targets
Pasters
Compact cleaning kit
Patches
AMK 0.3 fak
Israeli bandage
Tissue pack

Moltke
05-04-13, 21:35
Shot a competition today.

Glock 34 with 5 magazines
More than enough ammo
Ear pro, eye pro
Pisol mag pouches
CLP

Traveling light.

LMT Shooter
05-05-13, 04:01
Trauma kit
First aid kit
Eye pro
ear pro
Tape
Pens, markers, pencils, & paper
Targets, envelope of smaller adhesive backed targets, very convenient

Those are the things that stay in my bag. Other items added for the specific trip to the range, plus water. My FAK includes burn jel. Years ago I grabbed an M16 by the FSB after shooting. I like to think I will not repeat that mistake, but have you ever met me? Guns can get hot.

Always keep the trauma kit seperate from the "snivel" kit.

cougar_guy04
05-05-13, 08:51
Aside from Guns/Ammo/Mags, Eye pro, and ear pro (and a couple backups for the eye and ear pro).

Trauma Kit
Standard "boo-boo" kit (band aids and minor stuff)
Sunscreen
Bug Juice (Hey, it's Florida . . . the mosquitoes have FAA tail numbers)
Shot Timer
UPlula
Staple gun
Gloves
Oil
Pens/Sharpies
Roll of target pasters
Rags/paper towels
Spare targets.

There's a tool kit that I usually keep in the car just in case.

JimmyB62
08-02-13, 17:04
Sounds like everyone covered it but I'll add, a hat. With all the hats I've got I can afford to keep one in the bag. It's saved me and others on a number of occasions. 99.9% of the time I shoot in the backyard but it's saved me from having to walk/ride the 200 yards to the range. Yeah, I'm lazy .The lightweight, ripstop type from BCM work really well for keeping in the bag.

To whomever mentioned the colored masking tape, thanks. I've always bought those little pasties but this will be much cheaper.

Suwannee Tim
08-02-13, 19:35
A roll of black and a roll of white masking tape for taping targets.

.....A box of staples for when my stapler runs out.

Yep and yep. Batteries. An ink pen. Sometimes it's the small stuff that makes or breaks a trip.

A handful of ziploc bags, preferably recycled to put range pick up brass in. I have found that keeping RPU brass segregated helps a lot at sorting time. I might pick up a double handful of 9mm and later discover it is half Berdan primed. It's a heck of a lot easier to find 50 pieces of Berdan brass mixed in with 50 other pieces than find 50 out of 1000.

When I visit one of the local public ranges I take a supply of large heavy duty wire ties, a battery drill with a 1/2 inch Unibit and a supply of the corrugated plastic signs so common on the roadside. Very useful in repairing shot up targets.

rocsteady
08-02-13, 20:48
Nothing short of bodily injury ruins day faster than no batteries for optic or ear pro. Except maybe raging sunburn... So sunblock too.

Abraham
10-12-13, 12:05
Folding aluminum lawn chair with arm rests.

When I go to the range I stay a long time.

GunBugBit
10-12-13, 16:10
Hearing protection: Electronic muffs, non-electronic muffs, earplugs
Eye protection
Targets and pasters
Microfiber cloths
Small bottle of oil
Patches
Bore snakes for various calibers
Magazines for various calibers
Sight adjustment tools
Binoculars
Brass catcher
Shot timer (usually on my competition belt not in range bag)
1 or 2 Grip Pods
Tape measurer

sgtrock82
10-14-13, 19:38
Independent of my guns and ammo...

eye pro
ear pro w/spare batteries!
extra foam ear pro, several sets.
sharpies/pens/pencils
note pad
masking tape
stapler w/staples
sectioned brass rod
UPLULA
Rag and lube
GP brush
AR sight tool
20rd Pmag
GI mag spoon
Multitool
a couple lightly used spare targets

JusticeM4
10-15-13, 22:00
Other than safety gear and guns/ammo/mags:

Tape
Knife
Pen
Targets
Ziplock bags for brass

Everything else stays in the car including tools and lube. guns are all lubed already before hitting the range so no need to bring that even in the car most of the time.

Kokopelli
10-15-13, 22:06
I drive a Toyota FJ, keep everything in the back and back right uo to the benches. Everything stays in the FJ and only comes out when needed

kevN
10-16-13, 00:26
Ammo, targets, multi tasker3, ear pro, eye pro. Tape indoor and staplegun outside.

BuzzinSATX
10-16-13, 11:54
Cigars, cutter, and lighter..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

LMT Shooter
10-26-13, 19:08
[QUOTE=BuzzinSATX;1772636]Cigars, cutter, and lighter..

Those I keep in the truck for afterwards. Or for while I'm running the range, and not shooting.

3 AE
10-31-13, 11:45
Never thought I would need this.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/handgun-tools/stuck-case-removers/broken-shell-extractor-prod23311.aspx?mc_id=12000&ch=csh&gdftrk=gdfV21820_a_7c187_a_7c7313_a_7c080000530_d_080000441_d_11427

I had my WTF moment in a two day carbine course last month. First day went smoothly. Early on the second day, my rifle failed to feed. Went through the clearing drill and it still FTF. Instructor found the ejected half of the case behind me. Was using Black Hills Blue Box (Remanufactured). Had my backup rifle and kept on running. During the break the instructor used the Brownell's case extractor and whippy, snappy, it was good to go. I don't leave home without it. If not for me, then for someone else when Murphy shows up!

Ranger325
11-01-13, 13:59
Most essentials have been covered except......................extra can of Copenhagen! :D