PDA

View Full Version : Sons of Guns having some ATF problems?

one
12-23-11, 19:31
http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/23/sons-of-guns-atf-william-hayden-firearms/#.TvUqvEoQiUe

NoveskeFan
12-23-11, 19:38
Say it aint so!:rolleyes:

kartoffel
12-23-11, 19:55
According to the TMZ article, they were audited back in 2009 and could not account for 10 guns (presumably NFA items). Article also says that Will gave up his FFL/SOT, while Vincent became the new FFL holder for the shop.

Makes me wonder - is it wise to have a trust in addtion to an FFL/SOT license? Name all your reliable employees, family, etc on the trust. Then as soon as your Form 1's clear, transfer the items off the FFL and into the trust. More overhead and hassle for sure, but it could save your ass when that registered 1919 sideplate gets misplaced in the "miscellaneous" drawer.

PdxMotoxer
12-23-11, 20:08
TMZ once again proving how useful they are.

They air this today ( 12/23/2011) and it happened LATE 2009 and into 2010 then the guy they got to use his FFL quit and now new owners are in place. (by new do they mean late 2010?) lol

just a week and a day shy of 2012 :rolleyes:

I tried watching that show on netflix but realized how fake and produced it all was i just couldn't waist another second of my life
on yet another "realty" show.

I think it was the old we are going to surprise someone yet when they show up at their place we are watching a cam of inside.
(big surprise when there is a cam and sound guy preset up inside while we pretend to watch tv then answer the door)

So if he and his daughter are not owners and just "employe's" that makes his storming around, fist pounding desks and kicking things
because he is upset over his employes messing up. :bad:

BUt W2G TMZ on this BREAKING story!! :sarcastic:

SteyrAUG
12-23-11, 20:26
I almost posted that earlier but then actually read the TMZ article.

Late to the game, lots of hype and in the end who cares.

one
12-23-11, 20:35
I read it too.

SteyrAUG
12-23-11, 21:11
I read it too.

So to be clear, I wasn't trying to be disparaging of you.

khc3
12-24-11, 15:15
Only episode I ever saw they made an ass-ugly buttstock for a woman's Desert Eagle. There was no mention of the fact that it became a SBR.

The scenes of the women shooting the gun were hilarious.

C45P312
12-24-11, 15:23
Only episode I ever saw they made an ass-ugly buttstock for a woman's Desert Eagle. There was no mention of the fact that it became a SBR.

The scenes of the women shooting the gun were hilarious.

the chick that works there mentioned to the cusomter that she would have to wait for ATF paperwork to be approved.

khc3
12-24-11, 15:48
Must have missed that.

What a waste of $200.

C45P312
12-24-11, 16:09
Must have missed that.

What a waste of $200.

agreed.

rjacobs
12-25-11, 09:30
Just confirms my original thoughts that this guy is a jack ass.

My buddy was in Baton Rouge a couple weeks ago and posted on his FB that he was going to go by this place. I posted that all I ever saw on that show was overpriced garbage. He called me like 2 minutes later to argue with me about it. I shut down his arguments pretty quickly. I was amused.

Iraq Ninja
12-25-11, 09:44
Can't vouch for the other projects, but ours was not faked and the project was real. All they did was to design a swing arm and it actually worked well.

We have since moved on to a fiber optic gyro gun mount that blows away the mechanical version we had on the show.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/sons-of-guns-shoot.jpg

scottryan
12-25-11, 11:16
morons.

Voodoochild
12-26-11, 10:34
Can't vouch for the other projects, but ours was not faked and the project was real. All they did was to design a swing arm and it actually worked well.

We have since moved on to a fiber optic gyro gun mount that blows away the mechanical version we had on the show.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/sons-of-guns-shoot.jpg

IN were you the skinny cat that had the knee pads on?

Rider79
12-28-11, 04:48
From Jim Fuller, owner of Rifle Dynamics, on our local forum:

I just spoke to Will and it is about what Guido said above. When they got the TV show Will wanted his main guys to have a part of the business so he started a new license to include them as partners. They turned in thier sole ownership license and are operating on the new LLC license with Joe and Charley as the responsible party. Will lost 2 AK recievers in 2004 on his old license, those are the only missing numbers, they were reported and they were not machine guns.

Of course being hollywood the rumors are what they are, Rumors
Concider the source "TMZ"

For my personal view, I think the show is ridiculous. Of course, I can't say this on our local forum because of their love for the show and Mr. Fuller being a site sponsor there.

scottryan
12-28-11, 07:55
Originally Posted by Jim Fuller
I just spoke to Will and it is about what Guido said above. When they got the TV show Will wanted his main guys to have a part of the business so he started a new license to include them as partners. They turned in thier sole ownership license and are operating on the new LLC license with Joe and Charley as the responsible party. Will lost 2 AK recievers in 2004 on his old license, those are the only missing numbers, they were reported and they were not machine guns.

Of course being hollywood the rumors are what they are, Rumors
Concider the source "TMZ"

I find that hard to believe. FFLs get guns stolen from them at gun shows off their tables all the time and they don't lose their license if they are reported stolen.

Iraqgunz
12-28-11, 15:12
I can believe it only for the fact that I have heard that there is so much discretion between offices that two different people could do the exact same thing and yet be treated differently.

On the other hand I wonder of there weren't other irregularities which surfaced.

I find that hard to believe. FFLs get guns stolen from them at gun shows off their tables all the time and they don't lose their license if they are reported stolen.

J-Dub
12-28-11, 15:27
I wish he would lose his crappy t.v. show.

The show is 100% crap.

Moltke
12-28-11, 16:16
It's not the best show on TV, but it's exposing people to guns so most of seems "cool" instead of scary and evil. I don't watch the show and the episode's that I have seen haven't impressed me, but I hope that it brings more people to gun ownership and preservation of 2A rights. Same with Top Shot. Same with American Guns. I hope it sucks in people like a magnet, and that they buy some guns themselves.

Iraqgunz
12-28-11, 16:42
Why not have a show that exposed people to firearms without making everyone look like a stupid redneck. Even go into a little detail about how the process works.

You could do it and still do silly custom builds that make no sense. We could also do without the f*cking drama between Steph and an employee. I mean really......

It's not the best show on TV, but it's exposing people to guns so most of seems "cool" instead of scary and evil. I don't watch the show and the episode's that I have seen haven't impressed me, but I hope that it brings more people to gun ownership and preservation of 2A rights. Same with Top Shot. Same with American Guns. I hope it sucks in people like a magnet, and that they buy some guns themselves.

Moltke
12-28-11, 16:47
I agree, and I think that would be great. It would be a show that I'd actually watch and promote through word of mouth - but for now, we're all stuck with Red Jacket. Until something better comes along, I'm glad this is there to at least get people's attention/interest.

SWATcop556
12-28-11, 19:08
Yes it does expose people to firearms but Tons of Dumb is probably one of the worst ways to do it.

I'm not a huge fan but I feel Top Shot does a much better somewhat classier job (though not by much).

What would be ideal is for TacTV to get picked up by a major network like History. It sucks it's on a channel that doesn't get as much exposure.

CarlosDJackal
12-28-11, 20:49
I wish he would lose his crappy t.v. show.

The show is 100% crap.

I agree one million percent. I took the Dicovery channel off my channel lineup because of that damned show. I'm boycotting them until they cancel that show.

scottryan
12-28-11, 20:51

Exposing people to NFA purchases that makes it look as easy as walking into the store to buy a gallon of milk is not the type of negative attention we need.

Moltke
12-29-11, 06:56
It's undeniable that there's a lot of stupid in the show and I hope it's replaced by something more professional one day, but if it gets more people on the "guns are good" side of the national argument then it has a place (for now). Being that the show is on a major network it has more exposure than any of the alternatives. Do you think that it's polarizing more people away from the industry than drawing them in?

Anyway, I'm not saying that Sons of Guns is a show worth having or watching, but the idea of a show like that definitely is, and for now it's all we have. M4Carbine.net should just make a TV show and start it off with going through the knowledge based threads and incorporating some personalities like Larry Vickers, Kyle DeFoor, Paul (BCM), etc.

DaBears_85
01-01-12, 03:23
Anyone ever watch American Guns? I've only seen a couple of episodes but it seems to be a bit more grounded in reality.

So far, at least... :D

SWATcop556
01-01-12, 09:54
Anyone ever watch American Guns? I've only seen a couple of episodes but it seems to be a bit more grounded in reality.

So far, at least... :D

Same pile of crap, different cast. Some of the most expensive pieces of shit custom builds I've seen and all have "GUNSMOKE" bigger than shit engraved all over them.

Save your time.

cop1211
01-03-12, 01:44
Just watched an episode where they made a "yellow boy" repeater rifle for a rancher.

Charged the guy $18,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a ripoff, you can buy an Uberti that looked exactly the same for $1,800 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That guy is a major league scammer.

mpardun
01-03-12, 09:42
No joy or pride in screwing people.

Rich is a douchebag, scams people and runs a shoddy shop. Save your time and money and go elsewhere.

American Guns is entertainment -100% manufactured for TV - If you want to watch a comedy, tune in. I guess his jailbait, slutty step-daughter is also worth looking at...

TurretGunner
01-03-12, 11:30
Same pile of crap, different cast. Some of the most expensive pieces of shit custom builds I've seen and all have "GUNSMOKE" bigger than shit engraved all over them.

Save your time.

I read somewhere that Watt was in jail for some scheme or scam years ago. I can't remember the perticulars but people from the area and that segment of the shooting sports bassicaly say the guy is a fraud.

As to Sons of Guns, I hear the next season is going to be a real "Game Changer".

Moltke
01-03-12, 11:51
There are only two good reasons to watch American Guns.

1. The blondes

2. See number 1

mpardun
01-03-12, 12:22
Rich was arrested in Jefferson County in 2005 (a place where he unsuccesfully ran for Sheriff). He was arrested for failing to pay his ex-wife $90k. The judge sentenced him to 6 months for contempt for failing to pay alimony going back to their 2002 divorce.

There were also several, less public, fraud lawsuits against him over the years.

I have also heard and read that he was apparently forced to "retire" as chief of police in Alma, CO - but I can't find that story this am.

He is a schmoozer and show-man for sure...no backbone or morals it would appear. Shame!

I love my Discovery channel, but those execs should try some basic background checks (maybe even Google) before they buy programs!

I read somewhere that Watt was in jail for some scheme or scam years ago. I can't remember the perticulars but people from the area and that segment of the shooting sports bassicaly say the guy is a fraud.

As to Sons of Guns, I hear the next season is going to be a real "Game Changer".

Iraq Ninja
01-03-12, 13:32
Charged the guy $18,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a ripoff, you can buy an Uberti that looked exactly the same for $1,800 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must have missed the part where the customer wanted a gun made in the USA, and I think Uberti is still made in Italy. But, the deal was probably staged for the show, like most reality shows.

One good aspect about the show is that is shows gunsmiths, as a profession, in a better light- crafting guns rather than banging em together like on SOG.

rushca01
01-05-12, 17:34
Did anyone just watch the most recent episode? They put together 458 socom to hunt hogs with....subsonic....

Stay tuned for next week where Chris leads a project of building an M4 for the DOE securiy perssonel out West... Clown shoes....apparently they are not familiar with Colt (BCM etc).. Lube, fire repeat....

Voodoochild
01-05-12, 18:18
First and foremost the DOE security stuff is complete bullshit. Nobody is going to call a shop on a whim and say you make some off the wall shit help them out. DOE would be all over their shit.

Shame on that company that called and hyped up that bullshit. DOE security is governed by rules and what they are issued is government controled period.

rushca01
01-05-12, 18:28
First and foremost the DOE security stuff is complete bullshit. Nobody is going to call a shop on a whim and say you make some off the wall shit help them out. DOE would be all over their shit.

Shame on that company that called and hyped up that bullshit. DOE security is governed by rules and what they are issued is government controled period.

I assumed all this would be the case, gotta love tv.

SWATcop556
01-05-12, 22:19

Correct and several training partners of mine who work for DOE/NNSA were pretty pissed at the innuendo that they would go to bum **** Louisiana for a "quality" rifle. None have had any issues out of .gov rifles they carry.

Iraqgunz
01-05-12, 22:47
You are 100% correct. I have dealt with some DOE types and they are alot like the Navy when it comes to rules and regulations.

The whole thing is nothing but humor for me.

TurretGunner
01-05-12, 22:59
You are 100% correct. I have dealt with some DOE types and they are alot like the Navy when it comes to rules and regulations.

The whole thing is nothing but humor for me.

DOE has two types.

The contractor guards that guard most of the non NNSA facilities and HQ which are glorified mall cops with guns.

Then the NNSA/Contractors who wear full Multi-cam and some other camo shit Ive never seen before. Based on the way they look , I would assume they wouldnt be caught dead using that shit.

Off topi: If anyone is from LV or spends some time there, try and line up a tour to the Test Site. One of the down right coolest places you can ever go. Well worth whatever wait and the security protocol to go through there. It should be on every American's Bucket List.

Iraqgunz
01-05-12, 23:44
I am well aware of that. In any case it doesn't matter what uniform they wear because the the policies as they relate to firearmsm, vehicles and other defensive equipment wouldn't even allow for the to talk with Bubba and his crew.

DOE has two types.

The contractor guards that guard most of the non NNSA facilities and HQ which are glorified mall cops with guns.

Then the NNSA/Contractors who wear full Multi-cam and some other camo shit Ive never seen before. Based on the way they look , I would assume they wouldnt be caught dead using that shit.

Off topi: If anyone is from LV or spends some time there, try and line up a tour to the Test Site. One of the down right coolest places you can ever go. Well worth whatever wait and the security protocol to go through there. It should be on every American's Bucket List.

SWATcop556
01-06-12, 17:20
I am well aware of that. In any case it doesn't matter what uniform they wear because the the policies as they relate to firearmsm, vehicles and other defensive equipment wouldn't even allow for the to talk with Bubba and his crew.

Correct. One of the more highly regulated Fed agencies out there. They can choose from several different weapons but they are all standardized and .gov purchased. They also have no choice on others. It's a "get what .gov gives you and like it" place. Though their choices aren't bad by any strech either.

Voodoochild
01-06-12, 18:14
FYI it was someone from Rifle Dynamics out of Vegas. Shameful to say the least now people will think that rjf does contract builds for. Gov agencies.

Rider79
01-06-12, 18:26
FYI it was someone from Rifle Dynamics out of Vegas. Shameful to say the least now people will think that rjf does contract builds for. Gov agencies.

The owner of Rifle Dynamics is good buddies with Will Hayden so that explains that. I've had RD do some cerakoting for me and they did good work. I've also talked to the owner, and he's a nice guy but you can't say anything bad about the show on our local forum since RD is a sponsor there.

kartoffel
01-06-12, 19:30
The owner of Rifle Dynamics is good buddies with Will Hayden so that explains that. I've had RD do some cerakoting for me and they did good work. I've also talked to the owner, and he's a nice guy but you can't say anything bad about the show on our local forum since RD is a sponsor there.

Cerakoting? Will should look into that. Would beat the heck out of their standard black rustoleum job... or earlier this week while flipping channels I caught them smearing cold bluing all over a Maxim gun "because this is a classic gunsmith finish".

Reagans Rascals
01-06-12, 19:34
Sons of Guns has some "Jesus why am I watchin this terrible f'ing show" problems

warpigM-4
01-06-12, 20:19
well this May not been touched yet,
But Vincent the Tattoo guy has quit RJ and formed his own company he was screwed By Will and was one of the 10% holders .
there was a Facebook battle on steph page where Vince called them out
.a Law suit is also pending Against Will .there was a Big thread on UZITALK about this but it got shut down ,because he has enough leg humpers there.oh wait they was on his show thats right:rolleyes:

Will danced around all the questions and rambled on about his uber-cool 458 hog killer gun .Will and his daughter are employees neither have FFLs anymore . this show is Like days of our lives :rolleyes:

Reagans Rascals
01-06-12, 20:39
I'll never understand why they chose to make a show about a joke like Red Jacket and claim to be filming best gun makers in the business...... when they could have just as easily done it the right way and went to KAC or DD or any other high-end company.........

oh wait I forgot...... all of those good companies are too busy actually fulfilling their real government contracts to worry about doing a shit show...... I guess Discovery was left to scrape the bottom of the barrel and came up with Red Jacket....

now I get it....

recon
01-09-12, 22:17
well this May not been touched yet,
But Vincent the Tattoo guy has quit RJ and formed his own company he was screwed By Will and was one of the 10% holders .
there was a Facebook battle on steph page where Vince called them out
.a Law suit is also pending Against Will .there was a Big thread on UZITALK about this but it got shut down ,because he has enough leg humpers there.oh wait they was on his show thats right:rolleyes:

Will danced around all the questions and rambled on about his uber-cool 458 hog killer gun .Will and his daughter are employees neither have FFLs anymore . this show is Like days of our lives :rolleyes:

So who owns Red Jacket now?

duece71
01-11-12, 22:54
Sounds like the show is about to be ancient history. During the "Ted Nugent" episode there were numerous announcements of the "last episode". I suppose that could just be the end of THIS season. Is there a next season in the works? Some of the discussions on this facepalm after facepalm TV show are hilarious. I would like to see how this all pans out, just for curiosity sake.....

Iraq Ninja
01-12-12, 00:16
Sounds like the show is about to be ancient history. During the "Ted Nugent" episode there were numerous announcements of the "last episode". I suppose that could just be the end of THIS season. Is there a next season in the works? Some of the discussions on this facepalm after facepalm TV show are hilarious. I would like to see how this all pans out, just for curiosity sake.....

While I find myself getting bored with Sons of Guns these days, I find it hard to believe it will end. The show is constantly one of the top shows in ratings. It makes money and that is what reality TV is about. I don't think they have even finished filming season three.

Last week it was number four (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/01/05/wednesday-cable-ratings-orange-bowl-tops-moonshiners-dog-the-bounty-hunter-sons-of-guns-top-chef-hot-in-cleveland-the-exes-more/115417/).

While the real shows like TAC TV have great intentions, they will never even come close to these mega shows, and that is a sad reflection of our society.

Belmont31R
01-12-12, 01:09
I'll never understand why they chose to make a show about a joke like Red Jacket and claim to be filming best gun makers in the business...... when they could have just as easily done it the right way and went to KAC or DD or any other high-end company.........

oh wait I forgot...... all of those good companies are too busy actually fulfilling their real government contracts to worry about doing a shit show...... I guess Discovery was left to scrape the bottom of the barrel and came up with Red Jacket....

now I get it....

Discovery shows are all about drama and not actually showing respectable people. Look at what happened with OCC and Teutels. They specifically frame things to be as drama filled as possible. :rolleyes:

This is the type of shit I hate about modern society. Aside from a few channels TV is filled with drama fest garbage and intent on bringing down the lowest common denominator even lower. I miss the TV I watched growing up. Even kids shows are filled with leftist propaganda now and promotion of sex at young ages.

If I could buy cable ala carte I would have maybe 10 channels.

Iraqgunz
01-12-12, 01:31
I am still waiting for them to "unveil" whatever piston wonder they are trying to make work to impress a make believe client that couldn't purchase their toys even if they wanted to.

The whole thing is a joke. Did anybody recognize whos piston kit they were assembling for their "demo"?

rushca01
01-12-12, 05:34
I am still waiting for them to "unveil" whatever piston wonder they are trying to make work to impress a make believe client that couldn't purchase their toys even if they wanted to.

The whole thing is a joke. Did anybody recognize whos piston kit they were assembling for their "demo"?

Not yet. But when Chris was working on it he was using what looked like a spikes buffer...... When Vince started messing with it it was a standard buffer..... The whole thing is clown shoes.

CoryCop25
01-12-12, 05:47
Red Jackass has Spikes ST-2 buffers with their logos on them. They also have Spikes barrels with RJF printed on them. You can ask me how I know but I won't post my horrible experience in an open forum.

Iraqgunz
01-12-12, 05:54
I wasn't the only one who caugh that then. I even rewound it to make sure.

I would put one of my built AR's against any AR that they would churn out of that shop anyday of the week.

Not yet. But when Chris was working on it he was using what looked like a spikes buffer...... When Vince started messing with it it was a standard buffer..... The whole thing is clown shoes.

duece71
01-12-12, 10:33
While I find myself getting bored with Sons of Guns these days, I find it hard to believe it will end. The show is constantly one of the top shows in ratings. It makes money and that is what reality TV is about. I don't think they have even finished filming season three.

Last week it was number four (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/01/05/wednesday-cable-ratings-orange-bowl-tops-moonshiners-dog-the-bounty-hunter-sons-of-guns-top-chef-hot-in-cleveland-the-exes-more/115417/).

While the real shows like TAC TV have great intentions, they will never even come close to these mega shows, and that is a sad reflection of our society.

Agreed, too bad something that could be interesting and worthwhile gets turned into buffoonery trash so it appeals to the larger segment of society. Sad indeed. Maybe its best to have specialty shows like TacTV "protected" from the mainstream so as to NOT become a bastardized mess.

duece71
01-12-12, 10:34
Discovery shows are all about drama and not actually showing respectable people. Look at what happened with OCC and Teutels. They specifically frame things to be as drama filled as possible. :rolleyes:

This is the type of shit I hate about modern society. Aside from a few channels TV is filled with drama fest garbage and intent on bringing down the lowest common denominator even lower. I miss the TV I watched growing up. Even kids shows are filled with leftist propaganda now and promotion of sex at young ages.

If I could buy cable ala carte I would have maybe 10 channels.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I have been waiting for years for this to happen. Still hopeful.

warpigM-4
01-12-12, 13:19
So who owns Red Jacket now?

Hayden's name is not registered to Red Jacket, LLC. Instead, the registered agent with the Louisiana Secretary of State is Vincent Buckles, a gunsmith at the store and star in the show(who has quit and opened his own business ). Officers are listed as fellow stars Joseph Meaux and Charlie Watson.the two guys in the CNC shop

When asked why Hayden's name isn't included. Davidson(Will's Lawyer) calls that a "confidential business decision."

they are saying the weapons in question were a couple of functional weapons and receivers that were destroyed but not logged into the books.

Will Danced around the questions even a Link to a Law suit Pending from someone else that had Money invested in RJ INC .and the UZI talk Mod deleted it and closed the thread .

Did you Noticed Will's Comment about having a Thought of" Making the AR a US AR Like a AK MMM A piston thats what I thought" .I guess he forgot it has already been done ,Stoner had a prototype and then The HK 416 and all the Piston Kits ,it even showed Vincent Shake his head when Will said that as he was the Only Cert. Gunsmith on the show.

Although I think Flemming Has One But does More with Machine gun Builds .he showed up with a MG-43 he built and got the Job what is that one a Class2 FFL ??

I watch that show just to laugh and cuss at them damn the SONS OF DUMB it has turned into my Days of our lives for me it is a Joke .

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
01-12-12, 14:51

I think it was an Adams arms piston kit. I found it quite absurd that they claimed they were building an American made piston AR and yet are ordering parts instead of making their own. Some gunsmiths... :jester:

Tzoid
01-25-12, 19:51
This show has went from bad to really really bad. Will talks to his employees like shit and the guns they churn out and claim that they invented the concept is hilarious. The Piston AR build that appears to be nothing more than a Adams Arms piston system that any smoe could install is pathetic. What a bunch of dickheads.

The Shit that comes out of their mouths on National TV is pure crap.

I watch but at this point just to see how bad it can get.:rolleyes:

Iraqgunz
01-26-12, 02:26
I was finally able to get home and watch the final episode and the whole clown show in Vegas.

What a ****ing joke of epic proportions. Is Will smoking something we don't know about during breaks.

I examined the episode cloesly and yes it appears that they were using an Adams Arms kit. The whole "we are making an AK reliable AR" is a complete joke.

Did anyone else notice that when the HDLS guy who drove the "General" was shooting that the weapon actually malfuctioned in that the bolt carrier did not lock to the rear when the magazine was empty?

Yes, it could be a mag problem, but I am inclined to believe that the gun was still overgassed and that's why. In all the entire thing was a ****ing joke and the only thing he will be doing in D.C will be making an ass out of himself more and more.

I think it was an Adams arms piston kit. I found it quite absurd that they claimed they were building an American made piston AR and yet are ordering parts instead of making their own. Some gunsmiths... :jester:

rushca01
01-26-12, 07:05
I was finally able to get home and watch the final episode and the whole clown show in Vegas.

What a ****ing joke of epic proportions. Is Will smoking something we don't know about during breaks.

I examined the episode cloesly and yes it appears that they were using an Adams Arms kit. The whole "we are making an AK reliable AR" is a complete joke.

Did anyone else notice that when the HDLS guy who drove the "General" was shooting that the weapon actually malfuctioned in that the bolt carrier did not lock to the rear when the magazine was empty?

Yes, it could be a mag problem, but I am inclined to believe that the gun was still overgassed and that's why. In all the entire thing was a ****ing joke and the only thing he will be doing in D.C will be making an ass out of himself more and more.

I saw the malfunction as well...the force is strong in you. The HSLD guys reaction was kind of funny, he rolled the gun to check for a malfunction and you could tell he noticed the bolt was forward....

mtdawg169
01-26-12, 07:50
I saw the malfunction as well...the force is strong in you. The HSLD guys reaction was kind of funny, he rolled the gun to check for a malfunction and you could tell he noticed the bolt was forward....

I noticed that as well. The gun had a crazy fast cyclic rate, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was overgassed. Does the Adams Arms kit have a "dirty" setting?

The entire project was fubar. I'll be interested to see what direction the show goes, now that the only gunsmith in the shop is gone.

CoryCop25
01-26-12, 14:41

I noticed that right away and continued ranting at my TV making my children accept the fact that I am crazy. I pretty much lost it when they were in desperate search of that all powerful hydrolic buffer.....:rolleyes:

Iraqgunz
01-26-12, 17:30
The project is so ghey that I almost want to send them a Vltor A5 system for that monster just to see the look on their faces when it actually works.

Reagans Rascals
01-26-12, 17:45
Did they really claim to be working on a weapon for the DOE? Honestly? Really? As in no foolies?

They're really trying to make people believe... the DOE... as in The Department of Energy Protection Detail... who is staffed with former D-Boys and Frogmen... are going to choose a bayou shitshow staffed with dick smacks and diaper filling... to supply their weapons?

Those people can have whatever weapon they can dream of.... but sure as shit.. Red Jacket's number 1 on the list right?

**** me... If they wanted a ****in piston AR... they would use what they already have... the 416. Not the Red Jacket/Spikes Franken****

http://www.specialoperations.com/Domestic/DOE/Y12.htm

****.... someone please hit me with a hammer and make this stop.

also.... the second that fat carbuncle Will, said the word "Nuke-U-Lur"... I learned all I needed to know

JohnnyC
01-27-12, 00:19
Do people still not realize that this show is completely staged and there's very little "reality" involved? Seriously, nothing on the show is real, the entire thing is manufactured. Which leads to me asking, why do people get their panties in a twist? If you know it's all a farce, why get your blood pressure up over it?

CoryCop25
01-27-12, 00:56
Do people still not realize that this show is completely staged and there's very little "reality" involved? Seriously, nothing on the show is real, the entire thing is manufactured. Which leads to me asking, why do people get their panties in a twist? If you know it's all a farce, why get your blood pressure up over it?

From personal experience with Red Jackass, the same asshattery depicted in his show reflects in his business practices.

Iraqgunz
01-27-12, 01:41
Because there are idiots in the world who actually believe it. The stupidity that they depict is not favorable to manufacturers and gun owners despite what some ratingsmeister may want us to believe.

outrider627
01-27-12, 02:40
I noticed some red paint on the first few coils of the buffer spring in the abortion RJ made in the last episode. Isn't that how Sprinco marks their heavier springs? If your AR needs a super heavy spring and a boutique $140 buffer, you need to go play in traffic instead of playing gunsmith on TV.

Also, did anyone notice Chris moving the Magpul MBUS sight onto the gas block? Christ, the three who went to Vegas just need to quit and go back to the backwater swamps of LA where no one will ever see them again. I want a show about Vince and the real guys who do the work.

I'm disappointed they had to drag Rifle Dynamics into the show. All their work looks absolutely top quality, and now they're associated with Red Jacket. Which reminds me of something. Remember when they worried about the AR being damaged and Will wanted to do a test fire? They used a device in RD's shop to test fire it. Fifteen minutes later when they "fixed" the POS rifle, Will suddenly had to rush to a range to test fire it again. Where did RD's device go?

Iraqgunz
01-27-12, 02:54
Another thing I noticed was that the original scope that was shipped with the rifle was something along the lines of a Leupold (more traditional scope) yet the one that was tested appeared to be an ACOG 3.5x35 with an ADM type mount.

I saw the little red on that spring and wondered the same thing. If it needs a red spring and a hydraulic buffer there must be something seriously crazy going on.

I noticed some red paint on the first few coils of the buffer spring in the abortion RJ made in the last episode. Isn't that how Sprinco marks their heavier springs? If your AR needs a super heavy spring and a boutique $140 buffer, you need to go play in traffic instead of playing gunsmith on TV.

Also, did anyone notice Chris moving the Magpul MBUS sight onto the gas block? Christ, the three who went to Vegas just need to quit and go back to the backwater swamps of LA where no one will ever see them again. I want a show about Vince and the real guys who do the work.

I'm disappointed they had to drag Rifle Dynamics into the show. All their work looks absolutely top quality, and now they're associated with Red Jacket. Which reminds me of something. Remember when they worried about the AR being damaged and Will wanted to do a test fire? They used a device in RD's shop to test fire it. Fifteen minutes later when they "fixed" the POS rifle, Will suddenly had to rush to a range to test fire it again. Where did RD's device go?

Titleist
01-27-12, 10:57
Because there are idiots in the world who actually believe it. The stupidity that they depict is not favorable to manufacturers and gun owners despite what some ratingsmeister may want us to believe.

This show does more damage the credibility of gun owners and gunsmiths than most active shooter situations. It's just pathetic.

Reagans Rascals
01-27-12, 11:25
I don't get my panties in a twist because I believe the show, I get them in a twist because Discovery believes those watching are about as bright as a child with a learning disability staring at a taffy puller.

I get my panties in a twist when I see things, and hear things, that are completely 100% false yet are portrayed as much as possible to be real, displayed on a network that was once considered respectable in my book.

For that show to be as highly rated as they claim, it really strikes a blow to the standing of US. Citizens, because all that says is we are fat, uneducated bayou trash that enjoys nothing but false drama, explosions and can't decipher whats real and what isn't.

Everyone sells out at one point or another... but I think Discovery is long past that point.

I wont be surprised if they hire Tom Green within the next few years to really boost ratings.......... just whoring for money.

where would Discovery be today... without their stable of Logging and Trucking shows, Red Jacket and American Chopper... literally what would they fill the day with? It's all just pure staged bullshit.

I can't remember the last actual original, intellectual show they've stood behind.

RancidSumo
01-27-12, 11:30
Being in their shop will just reinforce the (correct) opinion that they are absolutely worthless. Everything in their is WAAAYYY overpriced, they carry a bunch of crap guns and push them like they are the best around. I was in there with my dad and he was kicking around the idea of a melt job on his 1911. He asked them about doing it and even though they had no idea what it was (and openly admitted it), they quoted him a price. Now how does that work?

Everyone in the shop is an idiot and I won't be going back. Meanwhile there is a much bigger store (5280 Armory) right across the street filled with Noveske, DD, and LMT AR's, HK, Glock, M&P, Walther, and other high quality pistols, and a knowledgeable staff. Thank god it isn't being ruined by some shitty TV show.

Save your time.

Tzoid
01-31-12, 12:53
I wonder if the Discovery Channel really gives a Shit whether they are mis-leading the public by putting out such a crappy product that deceives the general poulation? Sons of Guns is a Joke.

Reagans Rascals
01-31-12, 13:33
...(5280 Armory) right across the street filled with Noveske, DD, and LMT AR's, HK, Glock, M&P, Walther, and other high quality pistols, and a knowledgeable staff. Thank god it isn't being ruined by some shitty TV show.

that place sounds like a top notch joint.... I'll be sure to stop in there if I'm ever in town.

Axcelea
01-31-12, 19:21
I hope it ends before an episode features "addressing the 9MM issue" and ending up chambering a 1911 in 45 GAP with malfunctions galore but "one shot stopping omfg!" "as seen on TV".

Seriously I could see it happening.

That or maybe they will neck up a 9MM case to shoot a 10MM round.

:suicide2:

Bowser
02-04-12, 21:32
Season 3 Episode 6, the one before they go to Vegas and they are working on that mortar, you can clearly see that Chris knocks over the buffer when Vince is told to go fix the AR.

Thomas M-4
02-04-12, 22:32

If I were to guess it seems like they belive that over gassing /cycling the sytem. [ One band aid mind you then trying every aftermarket solution to correct the over gassed rifle red buffer spring and hydrolic buffer second band aid ]to tame the over gassed rifle down to be functinal. Slapping bandaid solutions especiaily on top of one onthere
is very bad..

sniperfrog
02-05-12, 08:51
My guess is the "General" was probably one of the producers they stuck in the vehicle to create some hype. No frickin' way in hell would anyone with an ounce of sense actually contract these guys to build them anything that might be used by a Government agency.

I've seen what the DOE goes through to choose weapons. They don't always make the best choice but alot of that is driven by other factors such as availability, manufactuer support, etc..