PDA

View Full Version : Too bad Bernie wasn't a better shot...

LHS
12-24-11, 09:54
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/12/23/20111223new-york-goetz-shooter-overdose-death.html

Note the language used. The robber, rapist and drug addict is the 'victim', while the citizen defending himself against four thugs is a 'subway gunman'. Who says the media is unbiased?

30 cal slut
12-24-11, 10:22
Good overdose.

variablebinary
12-24-11, 13:21
I remember that case very well. It was huge news at that time.

Sadly, Bernie Goetz was made out to the be the bad guy, while the character and activities of the robbers was given a pass. It made it clear that if you are attacked, you have no right to defend yourself in NYC.

It was real eye opening, more so in retrospect.

PdxMotoxer
12-24-11, 14:27
Holy crap :eek: that was 27 YEARS ago?? :eek:

Some news stories stick with you. (even living in oregon on other side of this country it was big news here)

VLODPG
12-24-11, 16:42
Good overdose.

27 years too late!

SteyrAUG
12-24-11, 17:07
I remember that case very well. It was huge news at that time.

Sadly, Bernie Goetz was made out to the be the bad guy, while the character and activities of the robbers was given a pass. It made it clear that if you are attacked, you have no right to defend yourself in NYC.

It was real eye opening, more so in retrospect.

Bernie was found guilty of being a racist.

At first everyone supported him, even most black NYers who were also sick of getting mugged. Then when his personal views became known, he became the bad guy.

Personally I could care less if the person killing criminals is a racist or not. A black racist taking out the trash in an identical scenario would have been fine with me.

But Bernie get's points for best one liner during an actual shooting..."You don't look so bad...here have another."

:D

one
12-24-11, 17:40
He did a great job of winning the battle, and then coming forward and losing the war.

Suwannee Tim
12-24-11, 19:03
.....But Bernie get's points for best one liner during an actual shooting..."You don't look so bad...here have another."

:D

Hence my advice. Watch your mouth, be careful what you say, on the internet, to your friends, to strangers, to co-workers, neighbors...... Ill considered comments can come back and bite you right on the arse.

skyugo
12-25-11, 01:07
Good overdose.

can't fix stupid.