PDA

View Full Version : upgrade my lighting setup: Surefire M951

masakari
12-24-11, 12:02
So I have two fighting rifles, both of which have Surefire M951 lights. I like the robust design of them, but they are dim, heavy, and bulky. So im trying to decide whether i want to upgrade just the bulbs of both, or get two new lighting setups. My main concern is cost. So who makes upgraded bulbs or heads for these? I have searched and found a few, but i dont know which are recommended, and which are inexpensive.
Thanks for the help.

Mo_Zam_Beek
12-24-11, 12:09
Will you post what you have found for replacement heads? I have seen the 600 lum TNVC offering, but no others. I want to do the same but I am also willing to consider an SF G2 LED.

Good luck

mttomb
12-25-11, 00:08
I just bought a malkoff M61 led for my 951
It's a lot brighter, produces a beam with nice even fill without a harsh hot spot in the center
It cost $55.00 plus shipping
The IR filter doesn't work, but by the time I get a PVS 14 night vision I will have upgraded to the KM3 head
Hope this helps

masakari
12-25-11, 10:22
Thanks for the info, im going ahead and ordering the Malkoff heads tomorrow when they open. That seems like the most cost effective idea.

Dunderway
01-22-12, 18:26
I was looking to upgrade my M951 as well. What modifications did you guys have to complete for the P61 to work? I've read many different things which range from no mods to extensive mods.

Thanks,

mttomb
01-22-12, 18:47
The P61 is the 120 lumen stock bulb
The M61 is the Malkoff led
For the Malkoff I just had to remove a piece of plastic that pushed out with my fingers
Not compatible with IR filter