PDA

View Full Version : X300 TIGHT!!!!!!!!

m4brian
12-24-11, 13:43
Is it just my son and I or is the X300 a BIT too tight to slide on/off the mount properly??? I put on the picatinny rail mount, and it is REALLY tough to slide on, and won't come off - I'll have to loosen the rail screws! Is the only solution to do some sanding on the X300 rail guides? Thanks.

Son has a similar problem with the U-mount and his Glock.

cgcorrea
12-24-11, 14:20
This is normal, IME. The X300 I have mounted on my carbine(DD 12in FSP Lite rail) is always somewhat difficult to remove and replace, even after doing so quite a few times. The trick is applying enough pressure down on the latches, before beginning to slide the light on/off. This has been the case with both "U" and "P" latches. The one that I had dedicated to my Glocks however, was very easy to slide on with the "U" latch(Would not fit on pistol with "P" latch.). It was only slightly harder to mount on M&Ps, but was still really easy.

samuse
12-24-11, 14:55
Mine's the same way.

I have to pry mine off of my RIS II with a screw driver.

Buck
12-24-11, 15:59
The X300 is adjustable... Loosen the six Allen screws on the bottom of the light, install it on the rail, then re-tighten them...

S/F

B

ArmaGlock
12-24-11, 21:03
The X300 is adjustable... Loosen the six Allen screws on the bottom of the light, install it on the rail, then re-tighten them...

S/F

B

Yup, there is a little bit of room for adjustment each way.

SteveL
12-24-11, 23:56
Mine slides on/off my M&P9 easily, but sliding it on and off the rail of my rifle is a PITA.

Skang
12-25-11, 00:53
Same here. Easy to install on handgun, hard to install on rifle rail.

usmcvet
12-26-11, 15:26

S/F

B

Excellent Buck Thanks. I stopped using mine on a DD Rail I had because it was such a PITA to get off. Mine slip easily on and off my Glocks.

arptsprt
12-27-11, 14:33

S/F

B

This worked well for me and my new X300 on my G19s. Thanks for the heads up.

acaixguard
12-27-11, 16:34
I actually put on a pair of leather gloves and just muscled them on and off the first time. The gloves helps with getting a good non-slip grip, and protects your hands from potential cuts should you slip and rub your skin against the rails the wrong way (which is not out of the question). After a few of these, it became much easier to get on and off.

Lone_Ranger
12-27-11, 23:32
The trick is applying enough pressure down on the latches, before beginning to slide the light on/off.

Ditto!

I haven't tried loosening the screws, yet. I may try that.

I followed the written directions, and applied the Lock-Tight, they enclose with the light. It is on there nice and solid.

trinydex
01-08-12, 16:15
just to echo, it is also my experience that the x300 is tight on rifle rails but tends to be easy on and off of pistol rails.

it can be remedied if you put in the effort to loosen the screws while the light is on rail, but that requires finding a rail that you can do that on (pretty much not gonna be able to do it on any quad rail without a chopped allen wrench), at which point you also might be keen to loctite the screws.

jrmymiles
01-22-12, 09:39
Mine goes on and off tight on the rifle and the M&P, but is loose on the Glock. Picatinny rail vs. Glock rail.

BCMaDdIcT13
01-22-12, 12:45
Mine is tight on my Beretta 96 A1. But that's it's gome for now.

Lone_Ranger
01-22-12, 14:04
^ gome? :haha:

loupav
01-22-12, 16:08
They differ from light to light. I have 6 of them and some on one gun fit tight as hell, the others, are considerably easier to put on. None however are loose.

SteadyUp
01-22-12, 18:31
I too had a hell of a time getting my X300 on my DD rail for the first time. After installing it and removing it multiple times, it has become somewhat easier to install/remove, but it still requires a good bit of effort.

usmcvet
01-22-12, 19:15
Did you guys read Buck's post? The rail mount on the X300 is adjustable. You can loosen it.

jrmymiles
01-23-12, 08:29
I believe the instructions even say that it can be ajusted. I have mine tightened all the way down and Loc tight applied.

SteadyUp
01-23-12, 08:44
Did you guys read Buck's post? The rail mount on the X300 is adjustable. You can loosen it.

Yup, I read it. I could not access all 6 allen screws when the X300 was where I wanted it on my Omega X.

Buck
01-23-12, 10:18
Yup, I read it. I could not access all 6 allen screws when the X300 was where I wanted it on my Omega X.

Try this...

Loosen the six Allen screws on the bottom of the light, install it on the rail, remove it from the rail, then re-tighten them... Repeat as needed until desired fit is achieved...

S/F

B

PS: They do not need to be super tight, snug will do...

SteadyUp
01-23-12, 10:53
Try this...

Loosen the six Allen screws on the bottom of the light, install it on the rail, remove it from the rail, then re-tighten them... Repeat as needed until desired fit is achieved...

S/F

B

PS: They do not need to be super tight, snug will do...

Thanks for the tip.

I should have clarified in my previous post, that I'm satisfied with the light to rail fit now. In the future this technique would be useful.

Cesiumsponge
01-26-12, 23:07
Are folks constantly taking their lights on and off? I must be the only person who uses their Rail Latch option and wants them stiff on the rails and to stay put.

Don't forget the blue Loctite on the six rail screws! Don't want them backing out any after extended use.

Lone_Ranger
01-27-12, 01:50
Are folks constantly taking their lights on and off? I must be the only person who uses their Rail Latch option and wants them stiff on the rails and to stay put.

The battery door won't open far enough to replace the batteries, when the light is mounted. If it did, I would just keep it on there.