PDA

View Full Version : POI Question

why1504
12-24-11, 18:50
My stamps finally came in for my DD SBR and AAC 762-SDN6.

We adjusted the front post all the way down and the gun is still shooting low. Please advise on how I should proceed.

Thanks!!

Eurodriver
12-24-11, 19:25
What distance are you zeroing at?

Was the weapon zeroed before mounting the suppressor? Again, at what distance?

why1504
12-24-11, 19:29
At 50 yards we were 5 inches low after adjustment. I didn't check it before mounting the can.

dpaqu
12-24-11, 21:39
Was the weapon zeroed before mounting the suppressor? Again, at what distance?

That's my question.

cmoore
12-25-11, 01:01
Do you have an A3 rear sight/carry handle? If so, make certain that is adjusted correctly. You should be bottomed-out on that A3, then backed off one click, and showing "6/3" or "8/3" on the left side (flattened portion) of the dial-indicator. Then bring that front post back to MZ and start over.

That should do it and have a Merry Christmas...

why1504
12-25-11, 06:16
We did not zero the rifle without the can.

Gun has the DD rear sight:

https://danieldefense.com/components-parts/upper-half/a1-5-fixed-rear-sight.html

Front Sight:

https://danieldefense.com/components-parts/upper-half/rail-mounted-fixed-front-sight.html

Eurodriver
12-26-11, 04:51
Is the mount attached properly? Is the can attached properly? Are the sights attached properly?

We really have no idea how to help you with the limited information you provided. Are you completely new to shooting? Are you sure they're going low? How many rounds did you fire?

Can you give us a little more information? Lay out the entire range trip and the weapon. Is it a factory SBR?

why1504
12-26-11, 06:37
Duplicate

why1504
12-26-11, 06:39
Factory SBR.
Sights, Can, and mount attached correctly.
My 4th AR.
Shot for 40 years.

First SBR and Can

I was with several very experienced shooters. They assisted in adjusting the sights. I have spoken with my dealer (a friend) he is slammed (I offered to wait till after the first of the year knowing his business) or he would be involved now.

The gun consistently hit the same spot, not spraying. Fired approximately 80 rounds.

Eurodriver
12-26-11, 13:47
I would try to eliminate the suppressor as a variable and zero it unsuppressed at 50 yards. See what happens then.

Something is definitely not right if you are shooting 10" low from mechanical zero at 50 yards. It may be irrelavent to the suppressor entirely.

why1504
12-26-11, 14:00
Thanks. Hope to get back out in the next 2 days.

markm
12-27-11, 08:08
I would try to eliminate the suppressor as a variable and zero it unsuppressed at 50 yards. See what happens then.

Something is definitely not right if you are shooting 10" low from mechanical zero at 50 yards. It may be irrelavent to the suppressor entirely.

Exactly. I can't imagine having a weapon that wasn't zeroed before adding a variable like a silencer. If for nothing else... to note the POI shift when the can was mounted.

viperashes
12-27-11, 08:45
Exactly. I can't imagine having a weapon that wasn't zeroed before adding a variable like a silencer. If for nothing else... to note the POI shift when the can was mounted.

Agreed, even if the weapon was going to be shot 99-100% suppressed.

why1504
12-28-11, 20:36
Re-zeroed without the can. It did take substantial adjustment (8-9 clicks).

Mounted the can, gun was shooting ~1.5 inches low.

Not sure what I did different today but I was alone and took my time.

Thanks for the advice.