PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Cartridge ?

white spaniard
12-07-07, 22:25
Has anyone ordered from this company?
http://www.wisconsincartridge.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=28&idproduct=18

Bigun
12-14-07, 02:56
I used to shoot a hell of a lot of it out of my handguns when I lived in Wisconsin. I never had any problems with it functioning or accuracy wise either for that matter.

rmecapn
12-14-07, 10:19
Is this new manufacture or reloads?

ffhounddog
12-15-07, 22:10
Reloads.

Harv
12-16-07, 09:09
I may hit these guys up after the Holidays for 1000 rds of .55 Gr Ball and see how it does thru the summer.

There a local outfit that have been around for quite a few years (Based out of Wisconsin Rapids) and they sell at a lot of the local Gun shows...

There prices are OK but not great on different ammo.

I could not swear to it in a court of law, but I read some where that they get there brass from a lot of local LEO ranges.

rmecapn
12-20-07, 10:41
Reloads.

Bummer. I can buy new manufacture Remington all day long at my local Wal-Mart for 32.5 cents per round plus tax. No way am I gonna spend the same amount on reloads plus shipping.

toddackerman
12-29-07, 10:05
I'd be interested in what brass they are using. Is it Mil., or Commercial, and would they guarantee if it is new, or 1 shot etc.?

The problems I have had over the years goes something like this...

You buy what is supposed to be 1-shot "Processed" 5.56mm Military Brass from your "Unusual" source. You stash it for a few years, and later load up all 2,000 rounds for practice.

All of the sudden, you start to have case separations from a"Known" good chambered rifle, and think WTF? This crap goes on every 1 in 100 rounds until you finally go check out the brass, and find that it probably was fired out of a SAW (really big Chambers) and was stretched so much that when it was worked in the sizing process, created a weak case.

Well that's exactly what happened to me. I know the case was excessively stretched, because the case necks (which were to be trimmed AFTER sizing) were almost 15% longer than spec.

That is why I would ask the above questions, and if I bought this ammo, I would check it out very carefully, and look for any signs of "Multiple Firings".