PDA

View Full Version : Definitely Born Too Late...

SteyrAUG
12-25-11, 21:52
So among other things I got some vintage martial arts magazines from the late 50s and 60s for Christmas. Pretty neat to read about Chuck Norris winning the Karate Grand Championship, early articles by Bruce Lee and many of the now uncommon views of those who practiced the martial arts.

But it was the back cover advertisement of a 1968 issue of Black Belt which really gave me an idea of a world that simply no longer exists and what things were like before radical feminism became mainstream.

Imagine the uproar of British Airlines (or anyone else) ran this ad today.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5992/001ayz.jpg

And actually quite the deal. If one adjusts $1398 for inflation that amounts to almost $9,000.00 today. Not bad for 19 days of mostly first class airfare, hotels and meals touring Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Maccao with primary emphasis on getting lucky.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-25-11, 22:19
Seriously man, you didnt miss the boat. Go to Singapore, bring some cash, and have a crazy time.

SteyrAUG
12-25-11, 23:02
Seriously man, you didnt miss the boat. Go to Singapore, bring some cash, and have a crazy time.

Just not the same. I don't have the same desire to see places like Singapore and Thailand like I do Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

wild_wild_wes
12-26-11, 00:24
Not to mention that whole AIDS thing.