PDA

View Full Version : Replacement handgun from manufacturer

platoonDaddy
12-26-11, 13:04
Didn't want too corrupt the threads where posters have received a replacement handgun from Glock. Therefore the new thread and question.

If they replace your weapon, what is the procedure? Curious of how the transaction occurs, surely a local FFL must be involved with the old and new weapon. Does Glock then pay the local FFL his fees for processing the paperwork and shipment? Is the seven day waiting period waived?

As you can see, I am confused.

5pins
12-26-11, 14:45
Under federal law it’s not a new sale and the replacement can be shipped back to the owner. Your state laws may differ.

Univibe
12-26-11, 14:49
It is a new sale and must be received by FFL holder, who will require you to fill out a 4473.

loupav
12-26-11, 15:54
A friend of mine got a replacement pistol from Springfield, his dealer had to handle the paperwork, he paid the fee and waited 10 days as per California law.

5pins
12-26-11, 16:03
§ 922. Unlawful acts (A) this paragraph and subsection (b)(3) shall not be held to preclude a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector from returning a firearm or replacement firearm of the same kind and type to a person from whom it was received; and this paragraph shall not be held to preclude an individual from mailing a firearm owned in compliancewith Federal,State,and locallaw to a licensed importer,licensed manufacturer,licensed dealer, or licensed collector

lwrkeysfisher
12-26-11, 16:05
Rock River replaced a LAR-8 that was giving me some trouble and shipped it directly to me---no FFL. I inquired and was told by RRA they could manage the replacement paperwork on their end without an FFL and ship directly to me. I lived in TX at the time, and UPS delivered to my door.

Voodoo_Man
12-26-11, 16:14
Check your local/state laws.

I have received a replacement pistol (different S/N) from Glock and had to do nothing through an FFL.

Dionysusigma
12-26-11, 21:59
State-by-state basis, it seems (based solely on the replies in this thread).

Wildcat
12-27-11, 00:08
State-by-state basis, it seems (based solely on the replies in this thread).

Differs by state.

If your state allows you to send the gun to the manufacturer and they/you decide to adopt another gun as a replacement, they can ship it to you. You would just have to make sure you comply with local legal requirements, if any.

If you have someone with an FFL send the gun back to the manufacturer and the FFL then receives a gun with a different serial number as a replacement, the paperwork has to be filled out.

556A2
12-27-11, 15:07
+1 for state.

Beretta shipped a new replacement PX4SC to me via UPS. No FFL or Paperwork involved.

Psalms144.1
12-27-11, 17:16
Platoon Daddy - when I had to have a Sig replaced, they shipped it to my local FFL, at my expense for transfer fees, but they sent me a box full of goodies to make up the difference.

Mossberg sent a replacement shotgun straight to my doorstep, as does Glock.

Regards,

Kevin

5pins
12-28-11, 08:12
Platoon Daddy - when I had to have a Sig replaced, they shipped it to my local FFL, at my expense for transfer fees, but they sent me a box full of goodies to make up the difference.

Mossberg sent a replacement shotgun straight to my doorstep, as does Glock.

Regards,

Kevin

Sounds like Sig may have a company policy about shipping replacements to dealers and not individuals.

platoonDaddy
12-28-11, 10:29
My astute friend pointed out that Maryland requires the spent cartridge case it is then added to a database (of course wasting millions of Marylander monies).

Therefore one would assume, the manufacturer would be required to send the spent cartridge of the replacement handgun to Maryland State Police.