PDA

View Full Version : Just Ask Them To Turn It Down...

SteyrAUG
12-26-11, 15:55
This is why I don't bother trying to be the "reasonable guy" when it comes to loud music. Anyone who subjects their neighbors to shit like this isn't a reasonable person to begin with.

I just call the cops repeatedly to send the message and if that doesn't work I begin to correct inconsiderate behavior by "other means."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/police-miami-man-fatally-stabbed-after-asking-neighbor-to-turn-down-his-loud-music/2011/12/24/gIQA2nc2FP_story.html

Basically a 24 year old man asked his 51 year old neighbor to "turn it down" so his wife could sleep. 51 year old neighbor responded by stabbing 24 year old neighbor in front of his wife and kids and he died enroute to the hospital.

And on Christmas Eve no less.

Doc Safari
12-26-11, 16:02
I have to agree 100%. When I lived in the city I just called the cops without mercy because there was a fine for loud music. Trouble is, the cops tell the perps who made the call and then the perps may retaliate against you without your knowing that the cops told them who you were.

Although I don't have to worry about it so much anymore, I'd love to hear about other creative solutions to this.

There is a growing problem of violence in this country concerning loud parties and whatnot.

SteyrAUG
12-26-11, 16:12
I have to agree 100%. When I lived in the city I just called the cops without mercy because there was a fine for loud music. Trouble is, the cops tell the perps who made the call and then the perps may retaliate against you without your knowing that the cops told them who you were.

Although I don't have to worry about it so much anymore, I'd love to hear about other creative solutions to this.

There is a growing problem of violence in this country concerning loud parties and whatnot.

I always tell the cops that I don't wish to leave my name or meet with offices because I don't want my property vandalized. I keep a trac phone specifically for this kind of thing.

Irish
12-26-11, 16:37
What a shame. We've had some new neighbors move in to our neighborhood due to the housing crash and now they're able to afford this area. Problem being is they bring their ghetto cars with their blaster boxes, their asshole attitudes and the rest of their BS with them. I've yet to confront them due to the fact that I don't like being behind bars and the wife has already told me no conjugal visits.

The only viable solution we have is to move and plans are already in motion.

Doc Safari
12-26-11, 16:40
What a shame. We've had some new neighbors move in to our neighborhood due to the housing crash and now they're able to afford this area. Problem being is they bring their ghetto cars with their blaster boxes, their asshole attitudes and the rest of their BS with them. I've yet to confront them due to the fact that I don't like being behind bars and the wife has already told me no conjugal visits.

No disrespect intended, Sir. It's your life and you can do what you want, but not even knowing you I am infuriated that you would simply "walk away" and let the vermin have it. That's like letting the cockroaches have your house.

No offense, I'm just a "stand your ground" kinda guy. :suicide2:

These type of lowlifes count on their loud wicked ways being annoying so that the good citizens will move and more of their ilk can take over the neighborhood. It's time people stood their ground.

Belmont31R
12-26-11, 16:45
We had some neighbors, who are early 20's (heard the dad bought this kid the house and rents rooms out to his friends). One New years they were still letting off fireworks at like 2-3AM and started a bon fire in their BBQ with flames like 10FT high. Keep in mind our houses are like 10ft apart and they were obviously drunk and being stupid.

Called the non emergency police number, and reported it. FD rolled up WITH lights and sirens running at 315 which made just as much disturbance as the idiots, and gave them plenty of warning to kill the bon fire and run inside. Nothing came of it other than at least they stopped letting off shit 30ft from our bedroom window.

Irish
12-26-11, 16:57
No disrespect intended, Sir. It's your life and you can do what you want, but not even knowing you I am infuriated that you would simply "walk away" and let the vermin have it. That's like letting the cockroaches have your house.

These type of lowlifes count on their loud wicked ways being annoying so that the good citizens will move and more of their ilk can take over the neighborhood. It's time people stood their ground.

I appreciate what you're saying and agree with you wholeheartedly. However, when dealing with the types of people I am referring to there is no nice way to go about it. They do not live by the same set of rules you and I do and unless I want to lower myself to their level there is really no other viable solution.

Confronting these pieces of shit would, at a minimum, turn into a yelling match and from there out constant staring or posturing to try to intimidate myself, my wife or child. Pushing it further could lead to a physical confrontation which then makes me guilty of breaking several laws dealing with assault and equals jail time. Escalating it even further and we're talking about deadly force which is extremely expensive and I don't want to watch my son growing up through a set of bars due to dealing with some piece of shit in the most efficient manner possible.

I'm neither afraid or intimidated by these types of ghetto trash. I also know that they're not intelligent enough and don't have the moral code to speak to them about the situation or it wouldn't be there in the first place. But I am smart enough to know that they will retaliate over any action I take and I can't have my family living in fear.

SteyrAUG
12-26-11, 17:03

Problem is, your house is also worth substantially less and you won't be able to move into the same kind of neighborhood that previously existed for the amount of money you will get for your house. The good news is most of them are "renters" or subsidized by Section 8 so it is easy for them to move.

This sort of thing is happening everywhere. I have encouraged a couple of "bad neighbors" to rent elsewhere.

Irish
12-26-11, 17:12
This sort of thing is happening everywhere. I have encouraged a couple of "bad neighbors" to rent elsewhere.

I haven't come up with anything legal as of yet.

Doc Safari
12-26-11, 17:15
But I am smart enough to know that they will retaliate over any action I take and I can't have my family living in fear.

Point taken. The direct approach would obviously not be prudent.

How about...Covert ops?

I realize you have made your decision, so this is just an academic exercise.

For one thing, people who have loud parties and whatnot don't like the cops coming over because they have to stash the hash, coke, and meth from LEO's who can bust them for something in plain sight. If enough anonymous calls are made, those type of people have to live in fear that they will eventually get busted for something and they may move instead. Ask me how I know. :D

Your area probably has child endangerment laws and given that these lowlifes are not generally the best parents on the planet maybe a little birdie could accidentally overhear something that sounds like child abuse and make that anonymous phone call to child protective services?

I'm not saying make something up, but keep your eyes and ears open to other things that you can get the vermin busted for.

I kid you not several years ago I lived across the street from a guy that turned out to be a bank robber on the run and I was there when the cops showed up to nab him. It was only through my LEO contacts that I found out why it took half a dozen squad cars plus detectives to quietly wait in ambush for him to come home.

So you just never know what you might learn that you can nail them for.

I just hate to lose. :mad:

Irish
12-26-11, 17:27
Point taken. The direct approach would obviously not be prudent.

How about...Covert ops?

I realize you have made your decision, so this is just an academic exercise...

I just hate to lose. :mad:

There are several other factors at play as well. Las Vegas has been slammed by the crash and also unemployment, we lead the nation in both or close to it. Half of the houses in our area are now vacant or rapidly becoming that way. I bought my house when I was single and now have a wife, 1 year old son and dog. We need a bigger house with a yard and have no way of getting out of this one due to the housing crash. We also don't want to raise our child in Vegas any longer than we have to. We've decided to move and the shitbags have just increased our resolve.

Direct action would be the most gratifying but also presents the most hazards as well. Again, I appreciate what you're saying and if we loved our house, the area and wanted to live here and raise our family here I would be using a similar approach to what you've described.

CLHC
12-26-11, 17:37
I always tell the cops that I don't wish to leave my name or meet with office[r]s because I don't want my property vandalized. I keep a trac phone specifically for this kind of thing.
Had to deal with this on more than a few occasions when I was renting elsewhere. (Glad I bought a home when I did in a new development with LEO&MIL for neighbors) Downstairs neighbors would blast their music (rap) and especially when their group of buddies arrived in their, what appears to be, "drive-by" cars (excuse the derogatory remark) and park outside my window blasting away! Called complex security who would arrive on the scene and to my surprise, happened to be either Kent PD or Clark County SO along with security. This would occur mostly during Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights past 1:00AM!

Never thought about using a "disposable" cell. Good one!

montanadave
12-26-11, 17:45
These situations suck but sometimes there just is no good solution. Law enforcement can usually only step in after something bad has already happened and the down side to that is obvious-- something bad has already happened.

And, like Irish said, folks that don't give a shit and have little or nothing to lose are perfectly willing to do shit that a reasonable person is not. The "rules of engagement" favor the asshole every time.

Sometimes is just boils down to "you wanna be happy or you wanna be right?"

Years back, my brother got in an ongoing squabble with a teenaged kid living next door in Denver. The kid basically just looked my brother in the eye, said "**** you," and dared him to lay a finger on him. Then, after my brother had called the cops about the music again, he broke into their garage and slashed all the tires on my SIL's car. Police said they couldn't arrest him unless my brother had proof the kid had done it and advised him to install security cameras. Then the kid told my brother he better keep an eye on his dog if he left it out in the backyard.

At that point my brother realized this kid didn't give a shit and he was going to end up killing the little ****er if he so much as touched his dog or went near his wife so he said "**** it" and moved. Not worth going to jail over.

SteyrAUG
12-26-11, 17:48

Neither have I.

Sensei
12-26-11, 21:53
I think that this is an important sentence in the article that explains the mentalities involved:

"His 51-year-old neighbor in the Liberty City public housing complex has been arrested."

This isn't Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. Expect bad things to happen when you live in a housing project...

munch520
12-26-11, 22:28
That original story is infuriating...can't believe things are falling apart to this extent. All over noise violations. I go straight to the police with these types of things as well. I don't want to deal with issues like this directly, and God forbid I get involved later with those neighbors somehow, I'm on official record with complaints.

We were having similar problems here as well. Certain areas in Columbus have seen fairly recent influxes of some 'groups' (yes racially specific but I don't feel like being called a racist). Some in these groups have known and obvious affiliations with MS-13. We stood our ground for almost a year. After our/our guest's cars were broken into repeatedly and a few obvious casings of our house were observed by me we bailed. I'll stand my ground but when my wife is involved, and talking about bringing children into the equation soon, my bullheaded-ness unfortunately has to take a backseat :(

http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?42495-MS-13-here

SteyrAUG
12-26-11, 22:37
I think that this is an important sentence in the article that explains the mentalities involved:

"His 51-year-old neighbor in the Liberty City public housing complex has been arrested."

This isn't Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. Expect bad things to happen when you live in a housing project...

The problem is, with the housing crash these people have found themselves living in virtually every neighborhood.

Weston, FL is pretty exclusive and I know more than a few people living in government subsidized rentals. Keep in mind I can't afford to live in the same building. So if Welfare Mama's can end up in that zip code, they can be anywhere.

And they bring the "public housing" mentality with them. Seems Irish is dealing with basically the same problem. I worked my ass off to be able to buy my home, but since the crash I have had all manner of renters come and go.

I wish I didn't have equity. I could live rent free in foreclosure for a couple years and save up a pretty nice down payment on a nicer house with a budget price. Talk about getting punished for paying your bills and following the rules.

munch520
12-26-11, 22:43
I worked my ass off to be able to buy my home, but since the crash I have had all manner of renters come and go......Talk about getting punished for paying your bills and following the rules.

I hear ya. And after I was approved, I spent more to buy a few points on credit to squeeze into a better bracket for interest rates. Some of the folks we used to have issues with moved in down the street, approved at a similar rate with 0 down. Neither worked. Guy was on "disability" but saw him at the local gym deadlifting once a week :suicide2:

Belmont31R
12-26-11, 22:46
Section 8 is not just in the ghetto anymore. There is subsidized rent which places these people in middle income areas, and pushes for section 8 housing in the middle of middle income areas. That vacant lot might become a mini ghetto within a year, and theres little to nothing you can do about it.

Its called the "great white flight". Nothing racist about it, and just the nature of the beast our country is becoming. Like I was always told if the shoe fits wear it. If it doesn't then don't worry about it. My mom grew up in Long Beach CA when it was still inhabitable. Thats what it was back then in the 50's and 60's. Of course undesirables come in all flavors and colors. I wouldn't want to live out in the "country" with the hippy neighbor who calls the SO every time you go out shooting, makes up stories about bullets hitting her house, ect.

For all the rural people there is a story like this behind most cases of "city folk" moving out into your neck of the woods. A 200k house in the burbs buys them 10 acres and a "ranch house" out there. Try to welcome them in, and don't be the jackass who says to themselves, "they aint from round here".

SteyrAUG
12-26-11, 22:50
I hear ya. And after I was approved, I spent more to buy a few points on credit to squeeze into a better bracket for interest rates. Some of the folks we used to have issues with moved in down the street, approved at a similar rate with 0 down. Neither worked. Guy was on "disability" but saw him at the local gym deadlifting once a week :suicide2:

I did the same the second year.

So my choices are:

1. Stay put and realize I live in a devalued home in a devalued neighborhood with low value neighbors.

2. Take a huge loss on my house and start over from GO 15 years into a 30 year mortgage in the middle of a recession when times are tough and income is not what it should be.

And all because every dipshit who made 30,000 a year decided to try and buy a $300,000 home 5 years ago.

This is the kind of shit that gets people into the bell tower with a rifle. But of course I have a little too much to lose for even that to be a viable option. So every once in a while I just go out in the back yard and scream "****" as loud as I can. Doesn't really change anything but it seems to keep me out of the bell tower.

:D

munch520
12-26-11, 22:56
Section 8 is not just in the ghetto anymore. There is subsidized rent which places these people in middle income areas, and pushes for section 8 housing in the middle of middle income areas. That vacant lot might become a mini ghetto within a year, and theres little to nothing you can do about it.

True story. Happened here...a neighborhood near the highway started with many open lots...very nice, $1-200k range. Developer couldn't move all the lots over that past few years so the remainder of the land got turned over/sold/whatever to somebody, who's since put up section 8 'apartment style' housing. I'd be livid if I were one of the original homeowners that built in the neighborhood.

Might've gotten some aspects of the story wrong, here's the actual example. Can confirm that these have been built though...
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2010/08/21/dominion-says-no-land-sale-nonprofit-still-plans-to-build.html

To try and improve the inner city school district, they're also talking about moving a city high school 15 miles west into the same suburb with the new sec 8 housing. Apparently the police are already asking for land for a satellite precinct.

I did the same the second year.

So my choices are:

1. Stay put and realize I live in a devalued home in a devalued neighborhood with low value neighbors.

2. Take a huge loss on my house and start over from GO 15 years into a 30 year mortgage in the middle of a recession when times are tough and income is not what it should be.

And all because every dipshit who made 30,000 a year decided to try and buy a $300,000 home 5 years ago.

This is the kind of shit that gets people into the bell tower with a rifle. But of course I have a little too much to lose for even that to be a viable option. So every once in a while I just go out in the back yard and scream "****" as loud as I can. Doesn't really change anything but it seems to keep me out of the bell tower.

:D

Is renting it out an option til the market turns around?

warpigM-4
12-26-11, 23:02
well I never did this (Cough Cough:secret:) But I had a Loud neighbor who partied all night when I had a new born and someone(:secret:) found their breaker Box and it would kick off the main breaker all the time when the music got loud.
they though their Bad ass system was pulling to much amp as I heard from the Back yard:rolleyes:

then their Meter was pulled and disappeared :eek: they had to explain to the power company where it went .
I was asked if I saw anything and of course i did not because:secret: I was asleep in my house.
then the owner of the house who was renting got a few calls from the Power company on why the meters where disappearing??
and he needed to pay for them because they thought the trash he rented to was selling them for other trash types to swap meters when it was time to read the meter to pay the bill .they moved
True story:D

Belmont31R
12-26-11, 23:03
A 300k home here would be a mini mansion, and I live in the burbs with a median city wide income of 75k.

Here you can buy a less than 10 year old house with 5 rooms, 3-4 baths, 3 car garage, office, fancy kitchen and family room, ect for 300k.

Id never live in an over inflated place. Lived in CA and people during the "boom" were selling 20 year old 3 bed 2 bath houses for 300k. My parents sold our house after I moved out. Late 70's construction, 3 acres with nice barn, pasture, arena, for 750K. New construction was going 400k. We had some loose friends who owned a bunch of farm land that got sold for housing and it was like 100k per acre.

SteyrAUG
12-26-11, 23:06
Is renting it out an option til the market turns around?

No, I'd need to sell it in order to even attempt any kind of upgrade. Doesn't make any sense to lose cash on a lateral move to another place with the exact same problem.

Heavy Metal
12-26-11, 23:08

Do they by any chance have a lot of traffic coming and going? People stopping by for say 5 minutes and leaving?

SteyrAUG
12-26-11, 23:11
A 300k home here would be a mini mansion, and I live in the burbs with a median city wide income of 75k.

Many were Mini mansions.. Median income here is about $65k I think. But that didn't stop first time home buyers with total household incomes of less than $40k from buying $300k homes simply because they qualified.

Most of course were variable rate mortgages or I/Os and we all know the rest of the story.

munch520
12-26-11, 23:12
No, I'd need to sell it in order to even attempt any kind of upgrade. Doesn't make any sense to lose cash on a lateral move to another place with the exact same problem.

It sucks, but I'd eat the loss and move on. We had to in the last place I spoke of. The only condolence we had in doing that was that we found ourselves proportionately deflated on the buying end as well. So that helped a bit, kept me from vomiting after I compared where our equity was/what our selling price should have been.

Belmont31R
12-26-11, 23:48
Many were Mini mansions.. Median income here is about $65k I think. But that didn't stop first time home buyers with total household incomes of less than $40k from buying $300k homes simply because they qualified.

Most of course were variable rate mortgages or I/Os and we all know the rest of the story.

Guess its just a different climate there. The house next to us is rented, and the people are GREAT. Our kids play together and we are going to a hockey game in a couple weeks. Across the street are renters who moved here from PA and the husband is a couple months on at Austin PD. Just had a Christmas party at their house last week and had a great time. Exchanged gifts on Christmas eve. We got a bottle of nice wine and we made them a big bag of "muddy buddies".

Only shitheads here WERE the crew I mentioned in another thread with a rich daddy who thought fireworks at 2-3AM 30ft from people's windows was a good idea. I think they since sold it. Now its peaceful and quiet around here with lots of good neighbors. Average home price on our street is 150-180k all new since about 2004.

SteyrAUG
12-27-11, 01:11
It sucks, but I'd eat the loss and move on. We had to in the last place I spoke of. The only condolence we had in doing that was that we found ourselves proportionately deflated on the buying end as well. So that helped a bit, kept me from vomiting after I compared where our equity was/what our selling price should have been.

Really not wise. Regardless of where I go, there will be section 8 renters. They are even in the neighborhoods I can't afford. Also there are jobs and things like that to consider, I could really screw myself in the process.

This isn't the economy and housing market to be playing games in. We aren't behind on any bills, I have a business and my wife is working. That is as good as things get. I'm not wealthy enough to cover my ass if I make a poor decision.

So until things improve, the reality is I have to deal with dirtball neighbors. But that seems to be a very common experience in this economy.

SteyrAUG
12-27-11, 01:16
Guess its just a different climate there. The house next to us is rented, and the people are GREAT. Our kids play together and we are going to a hockey game in a couple weeks. Across the street are renters who moved here from PA and the husband is a couple months on at Austin PD. Just had a Christmas party at their house last week and had a great time. Exchanged gifts on Christmas eve. We got a bottle of nice wine and we made them a big bag of "muddy buddies".

Only shitheads here WERE the crew I mentioned in another thread with a rich daddy who thought fireworks at 2-3AM 30ft from people's windows was a good idea. I think they since sold it. Now its peaceful and quiet around here with lots of good neighbors. Average home price on our street is 150-180k all new since about 2004.

We've been lucky too, but it's hit and miss.

The last people next door were actually the best neighbors we ever had. Worked real jobs so they actually slept at night, one of the best manner kids I've ever seen and never had anything even close to a problem with them. Sadly they found a better deal and moved, not that I blame them.

We've got a few solid neighbors, some dirtballs who are dirtballs but don't cause trouble so I have no issues with them being dirtballs and sadly...from time to time...some real shitbags.

Belmont31R
12-27-11, 01:16
Really not wise. Regardless of where I go, there will be section 8 renters. They are even in the neighborhoods I can't afford. Also there are jobs and things like that to consider, I could really screw myself in the process.

This isn't the economy and housing market to be playing games in. We aren't behind on any bills, I have a business and my wife is working. That is as good as things get. I'm not wealthy enough to cover my ass if I make a poor decision.

So until things improve, the reality is I have to deal with dirtball neighbors. But that seems to be a very common experience in this economy.

Neighbors you can scope out who would be "on your side". Maybe coordinate LEO calls when the shitbirds are out of line? Thats what they are supposed to be there for. Place some cameras "down the block" to your advantage?

Sometimes there nothing you can do, and calls go unanswered: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ash+street+shootout

SteyrAUG
12-27-11, 02:15
Neighbors you can scope out who would be "on your side". Maybe coordinate LEO calls when the shitbirds are out of line? Thats what they are supposed to be there for. Place some cameras "down the block" to your advantage?

Sometimes there nothing you can do, and calls go unanswered: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ash+street+shootout

Unfortunately, most of the ok neighbors are the "don't want to get involved" type. But you can accomplish a lot of things on your own. The best part is they shitbirds have usually pissed off so many people they don't know where it came from.

montanadave
12-27-11, 06:43
My feet have been getting a little chilly as my wife and I anticipate signing a buy/sell agreement on a couple of hundred acres in the country.

After reading this thread, any second thoughts are banished. We'll keep our little house in town, but come spring I'll be starting on my fantasy "off the grid" weekend retreat (complete with private shooting range).

Abraxas
12-27-11, 07:00
well I never did this (Cough Cough:secret:) But I had a Loud neighbor who partied all night when I had a new born and someone(:secret:) found their breaker Box and it would kick off the main breaker all the time when the music got loud.
they though their Bad ass system was pulling to much amp as I heard from the Back yard:rolleyes:

then their Meter was pulled and disappeared :eek: they had to explain to the power company where it went .
I was asked if I saw anything and of course i did not because:secret: I was asleep in my house.
then the owner of the house who was renting got a few calls from the Power company on why the meters where disappearing??
and he needed to pay for them because they thought the trash he rented to was selling them for other trash types to swap meters when it was time to read the meter to pay the bill .they moved
True story:DLove it.

Irish
12-27-11, 08:41
Do they by any chance have a lot of traffic coming and going? People stopping by for say 5 minutes and leaving?

One of the houses does. Weird people in different cars, randomly showing up at odd hours. After discreetly watching them on a few occasions I have a suspicion that there's probably prositution happening. Different guys who have a certain look to them picking up 2 girls from the place who definitely have the look.

uwe1
12-27-11, 20:36
My neighborhood is the same way. For two straight Christmas Eves, my neighbor has played loud music into the night.

Last Christmas, I actually knocked on his door to ask him to turn it down around 1:00 AM. He did, no problems, but the G26 was there, just in case.. This year, the wife told me to just deal and we eventually fell asleep around 2:30 AM...the music was still on.

A few months ago, he and his kids proceeded to play soccer on the balcony, which happens to be about 10' away from my bedroom window....at 11:00 PM. A few pulses from a 6PX Tactical was enough to make them quit it.

Moose-Knuckle
12-28-11, 19:52
Just get the loudest out door sound system you can, play The Best of David Allan Coe, at the highest volume level, during the mid-morning to afternoon (that's when these oxygen thieves sleep) and answer your door in a pair of leopard print briefs, a cigar hanging out of your mouth, and an AR, AK, or an FAL in hand. . .

Works on those door-to-door Mormons and Jehovah’s Witnesses as well. ;)

Heavy Metal
12-28-11, 20:47
The Best of David Allan Coe

Don't bring low caliber ammo to an Artillery Duel.

If your neighbors like to play loud music into the late morning, get a nice PA system for your patio and serenade them with the long version of Inagadddavidda about 8 am after the local noise ordinance goes out of effect for the day. If that don't work, try Slayer's Reign in Blood.

My neighborhood is the same way. For two straight Christmas Eves, my neighbor has played loud music into the night.

Last Christmas, I actually knocked on his door to ask him to turn it down around 1:00 AM. He did, no problems, but the G26 was there, just in case.. This year, the wife told me to just deal and we eventually fell asleep around 2:30 AM...the music was still on.

A few months ago, he and his kids proceeded to play soccer on the balcony, which happens to be about 10' away from my bedroom window....at 11:00 PM. A few pulses from a 6PX Tactical was enough to make them quit it.

Moose-Knuckle
12-28-11, 22:42
Don't bring low caliber ammo to an Artillery Duel.

Okay scratch the AR, AK, or FAL and grab the Saiga SBS with drum mag loaded with Brenneke SF MBPM slugs. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/teu42.gif

warpigM-4
12-28-11, 23:09
Don't bring low caliber ammo to an Artillery Duel try Slayer's Reign in Blood.:dance3::dance3:
Jam" mandatory suicide " that will do the trick

Heavy Metal
12-28-11, 23:22
I would ask them nicely one more time, then I would go full Bugs Bunny on them. (Of course you realize, THIS MEANS WAR!)

Mabey ought to warm up to the death metal. After the Iron Butterfly, we could move to some early AC/DC (mabey give them a bit O' Rosie!), then onto perhaps a chorus of Teutonic Terror by Accept, Something off of Painkiller(I am partial to Hell Patrol) by Judas Priest then on to Slayer.

warpigM-4
12-28-11, 23:31
and a little Remmstein "Du Hast"

obucina
12-28-11, 23:57

Really sad, there is even a string of Section 8 houses in a gated McMansion community near Wellington. I mentioned it to a coworker whose parents live there...I could see the wheels turning in his head and he mentioned that "a different class of folks" live there.

After reading your article, Liberty City pretty much sums it up. One of my customers is a Hialeah firefighter, he joked that the FF's in Liberty City are required to wear body armor on their calls...

SteyrAUG
12-29-11, 00:17
and a little Remmstein "Du Hast"

I find nothing says "turn it down" better than a few hours of the Regimental March played over and over. Something about that little piece annoys hip hoppers and metal heads as much as their shit annoys me.

Moose-Knuckle
12-29-11, 00:46
As for metal. . .

It's not so much that it annoys them as much as it frightens the them. Seriously when most folks hear blaring death metal they think Satanist, LOL!

In the past while at stop lights when some hoopty pulls up next to me with the windows down and some hippity-hoppity turned up I just turn on these guys; The Famine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ghB8v4YxA), their ax man is a good buddy of mine. :cool:

DeltaSierra
12-29-11, 10:22
As for metal. . .

It's not so much that it annoys them as much as it frightens the them. Seriously when most folks hear blaring death metal they think Satanist, LOL!

In the past while at stop lights when some hoopty pulls up next to me with the windows down and some hippity-hoppity turned up I just turn on these guys; The Famine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ghB8v4YxA), their ax man is a good buddy of mine. :cool:

I'm a bit partial to Nox Arcana for scaring folks....

Play music like this at somewhat high volume at odd hours and I suspect that you won't have any neighbors left after two weeks or so....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojLia2AXVug

Moltke
12-29-11, 11:17
Molotovs.

warpigM-4
12-29-11, 13:18
I find nothing says "turn it down" better than a few hours of the Regimental March played over and over. Something about that little piece annoys hip hoppers and metal heads as much as their shit annoys me.

I like regimental marches too:laugh:

Honu
12-29-11, 14:34
Bagpipe music is another fun thing to crank

My thoughts if I had some thugs would be to make sure I called the police about the drugs and weapons they had :)

I am glad our area is quite nice as far as neighbors

SteyrAUG
12-29-11, 15:28
Bagpipe music is another fun thing to crank

My thoughts if I had some thugs would be to make sure I called the police about the drugs and weapons they had :)

I am glad our area is quite nice as far as neighbors

When I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale there was a 7-11 type store that had a huge problem with crack dealers and similar low lifes congregating out front engaging in various illegal activity and driving away actual customers.

The owner began playing Barry Manilow regularly on the sound system and within a week they were all gone.

CarlosDJackal
12-30-11, 14:04
...in the Liberty City public housing complex...

You have to take the type of people that lives in your neighborhood. This guy obviously had some psychosis to begin with.

I have a relatively new neighbor two houses down. They moved in less than 6-months ago. Well, one of them decided to install one of those obnoxiously loud mufflers on his POS civic or some other rice-burner like that.

Last week, it woke me up at 1 AM because he was revving that sucker over and over again. It was the morning in which I had to be up and be on the road no later than 5:30 AM. I thought he was going to blow it up. 40+ minutes into it I stepped outside my home an yelled: "Cut that shit out!!" The noise stopped about 10-minutes later.

Early the next morning I drove by his house I thought about pulling into his driveway right next to his house just to lean on my horn. But that would punish the other neighbors and I did not want to bring myself down to his level.

As it turns out, the moron had gotten his POS car stuck on his front lawn and was trying to get it out. Instead of calling AAA or asking one of us to pull his car out, he kept trying to power his way out of his dilemma (he didn't).

DragonDoc
12-31-11, 11:59
I road with Miami Fire earlier this year as part of predeployment medical training (there's a lot of trauma in Miami) and there is no way I would knock on someone's door to ask them to turn the music down. We were in Liberty City and Little Haiti for some calls. You get the vibe that the hood is 30 seconds away for tipping into anarchy. I would have called the PD first and if that didn't work I try to figure out how to shut off his power. My last recourse would be a direct confrontation. Even armed I don't see a good outcome. The irony of the whole story is that it is the young man who is complaining about the noise and the old man is the perp.

DragonDoc
12-31-11, 12:11
Really sad, there is even a string of Section 8 houses in a gated McMansion community near Wellington. I mentioned it to a coworker whose parents live there...I could see the wheels turning in his head and he mentioned that "a different class of folks" live there.

After reading your article, Liberty City pretty much sums it up. One of my customers is a Hialeah firefighter, he joked that the FF's in Liberty City are required to wear body armor on their calls...

I trained with them in March. No body armor but we definitely had a police presence in the hood. It was a routine medical call to boot. I can't imagine what the scene would have been like if it was a trauma caused by violent crime and at night.

montanadave
12-31-11, 12:37
I road with Miami Fire earlier this year as part of predeployment medical training (there's a lot of trauma in Miami) and there is no way I would knock on someone's door to ask them to turn the music down. We were in Liberty City and Little Haiti for some calls. You get the vibe that the hood is 30 seconds away for tipping into anarchy. I would have called the PD first and if that didn't work I try to figure out how to shut off his power. My last recourse would be a direct confrontation. Even armed I don't see a good outcome. The irony of the whole story is that it is the young man who is complaining about the noise and the old man is the perp.

Hell, I got to that point with a neighbor I had known since high school. After wandering over to his place at three in the morning to ask him to lower the volume a couple of times, my wife suggested I was being a real dumbass putting myself in a situation where I was confronting a guy and god-knows-who he had dragged home after the bars closed, all of whom had been drinking and drugging all night.

As usual, she had a pretty good point and I decided to let the police handle it from then on out. Long story short, it got worse before it got better, but once he figured out I was going to keep sending the police every time he ****ed with me he backed off. We actually get along pretty well a decade later. Growing pains, I guess.

I can't imagine walking into a similar situation in some shit hole and confronting total strangers. From what I've seen, most cops earn every penny of their paycheck and when they ask for a raise, I'll be happy to vote for it.

DragonDoc
12-31-11, 13:12
As usual, she had a pretty good point and I decided to let the police handle it from then on out. Long story short, it got worse before it got better, but once he figured out I was going to keep sending the police every time he ****ed with me he backed off. We actually get along pretty well a decade later. Growing pains, I guess.

I can't imagine walking into a similar situation in some shit hole and confronting total strangers. From what I've seen, most cops earn every penny of their paycheck and when they ask for a raise, I'll be happy to vote for it.

Don't you hate it when the wife uses logic to point out the folly of your actions?

I agree that there are some areas where the police should be appropriately compensated for extra hazardous duty. I walked down streets in Iraq and felt safer than I did in some hoods in Miami.

Heavy Metal
12-31-11, 13:19
A lot of times, people drinking and playing music too loud into the wee hours are also doing other things they really don't want the man invited into ther life to observe or smell so they tend to want to avoid that contact.

Safetyhit
12-31-11, 13:41
There was a thread here that went for some time regarding the fallout over me asking some beast to lower his profanity laced rap slop in front of my little son, only to have a days long nightmare ensue. My forehead still has the scar from the animal swinging his belt buckle at my face, and that wasn't the worst of it.

While he didn't go unscathed by any means, he did move on and has surely terrorized others since. I just hope someone has shot him dead by now.