PDA

View Full Version : Question re Red dots sights spec Glocks

1oldgrunt
12-27-11, 17:45
I am thinking of having a slide milled for a dot, so I have a couple questions... I have used the ProPoint/ sorry meant J point.... with lg dot.......

Do any of the small dots ala Doktor,ProPoint, etc use the same mount set-up, if so which are compatable?

and which of the smaller dots are the best as far as clarity and esp durability??

my thanks in advance.

MrMiller
12-27-11, 19:13
The Trijicon RMR seems to be considered the most durable of the Miniature Red Dot Sights (MRDS) followed by the Leupold Deltapoint.

Can't say for sure about the mounting pattern of the ProPoint (who makes that?) but it is unlikely that it will match the RMR.

I personally find the Dot on the RMR to be the clearest and the triangle on the Deltapoint just seems too large.
The Dokter, J-Point, Fastfire II, all seem to bloom more and not be a nice crisp round dot.
But that's my (old fart) eyes, and everyone needs to evaluate what works best for them.

willowofwisp
12-27-11, 19:26
The Trijicon RMR seems to be considered the most durable of the Miniature Red Dot Sights (MRDS) followed by the Leupold Deltapoint.

Can't say for sure about the mounting pattern of the ProPoint (who makes that?) but it is unlikely that it will match the RMR.

I personally find the Dot on the RMR to be the clearest and the triangle on the Deltapoint just seems too large.
The Dokter, J-Point, Fastfire II, all seem to bloom more and not be a nice crisp round dot.
But that's my (old fart) eyes, and everyone needs to evaluate what works best for them.

I have to fully agree with MrMiller, I have been running the RMR for over 8 months and have had no issues...and I don't treat my red dots very nicely.

dougwg
12-27-11, 22:40
I have to fully agree with MrMiller, I have been running the RMR for over 8 months and have had no issues...and I don't treat my red dots very nicely.

I beat mine (RMR) like a red headed step child and it just keeps on ticking.

willowofwisp
12-27-11, 22:45
I beat mine (RMR) like a red headed step child and it just keeps on ticking.

that hurts....

dougwg
12-27-11, 22:52
:D

I'd love to see someone do to a deltapoint what I've done to RMR's

Steve
12-28-11, 08:14
Wait, what about what you did to mine?..

Hell i think we made the trijicon engineers cry :stop:

dougwg
12-28-11, 08:53
They only cried at first....then ran around ^5'ing each other when they learned the RMR's lived. ;)

jamesbern
12-28-11, 09:01
I have a C-more STS and love it! I'm actually parting mine out as it took so long to build I started shooting something else in competition. It is sweet though :D

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j98/jamesbernatchez/Photography/35686c8e.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j98/jamesbernatchez/Photography/e912e34f.jpg