PDA

View Full Version : Glock Breachface Wear Questions

Curly
12-27-11, 20:02
I tried a search and didn't come up with anything so hopefully this isn't a overdone question.

I have a possible traded worked out for an early Gen 2 Glock 19 and am wondering about some of the wear I noticed from a few pics I received.

The breachface has a good amount of wear/pitted type marks and the firing pin hole looks a little deformed (could just be the picture angle?), which I do not have in any of my current Glocks, so I'm just wondering if it is a cause for concern or justification to talk the price down.

The other thing I noticed is the feed ramp seems to have two noticeable dents, again, something I've never found in my current Glocks.

I'm always skeptical when dealing online, and I know pictures are a poor way to judge a pistols condition, but in this case it's all I have to go on.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

http://i41.tinypic.com/71h5dx.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/168wnxc.jpg

az doug
12-27-11, 21:23
The wear on the breach face is merely the finish being worn off. The "pitted" area you are referring to is just machining marks and typical of Glock's manufacturing.

I cannot see the bottom of the feed ramp very well. It does not appear to be anything that would cause feeding issues.

ETA: The marks on the breach face could also be brass or aluminum transfer. Hard to tell from the photo. Regardless, the "pitted" area depicts tool marks from Glock's manufacturing process and is normal.

ST911
12-27-11, 22:01
Looks normal.

Voodoo_Man
12-27-11, 22:13
How many rounds through the gun?

Looks pretty normal. I had a 17 with 10k on it and it looked like that just a bit more worn.

5pins
12-28-11, 08:09
Looks just like my gen 2 G19.

Curly
12-28-11, 09:24
Thanks for the replies. I haven't owned an older Glock in so many years I can't remember what was normal/common. All I've had lately is Gen 3's so I just wanted to play it safe and ask before trying to make a deal.

How many rounds through the gun?

No idea on a RC, all I know is it is an LE trade-in...so I would figure several thousand but with LE pistols you never know.

jamesbern
12-28-11, 10:16
If the price is right I would do it. It looks OK to me.

SMJayman
12-28-11, 22:47
I've got a Gen 2 G17 with around 40k rounds through it, the breechface has looked like that ever since I can remember. Still goes bang with boring reliability. If the deal is good, go for it!

wesprt
12-28-11, 23:52
Glocks don't have a round firing pin, hole looks pretty normal. The breech face is hardened steel and cartridges are soft brass, it might get marked up a little but it should last nearly forever. A pierced or blown primer can occasionally muck things up but short of that it's pretty rare to see any kind of meaningful damage to the BF.