PDA

View Full Version : NEW G17 with #3 extractor and "shiney" finish

1oldgrunt
12-28-11, 15:13
Just picked up a NEW G17....I only bought it because it seemed odd. It has the greyish coloring of new glocks but ts is back to the slick finish. the old finish as we know was black and slick, the new finishes are dark grey and rough, this seems a cross-over!?
Also upon checking the extractor it fell right out, unlike a couple other newer ones I have. it is also stamped with the number 3..... what's with that??
is Glock using a new type extractor? this still has dimple in the middle, it seems better finished/machined, and the finish almost matches the shiney finish on the slide.

Cosmo M3
12-28-11, 16:12
Just picked up a NEW G17....I only bought it because it seemed odd. It has the greyish coloring of new glocks but is is back to the slick finish. the old finish as we know was black and slick, the new finishes are dark grey and rough, this seems a cross-over!?
Also upon checking the extractor it fell right out, unlike a couple other newer ones I have. it is also stamped with the number 3..... what's with that??
is Glock using a new type extractor? this still has dimple in the middle, it seems better finished/machined, and the finish almost matches the shiney finish on the slide.

if it has the dimple in the middle, then it's still the old extractor. Nothing new but the finish.

elephantrider
12-28-11, 20:39
I hope they haven't gone back to a slick finish. I recently picked up an upper with the rough grey finish and really like it. Reminds me of the original slide finish which is much easier to grasp. The slick black finish feels like grasping a bar of soap.

I suspect they went back to a smooth finish to please all the folks who complained that the dull grey finish wasn't even enough and wanted their slides refinished.