PDA

View Full Version : Best AR Trigger

heijutsu
12-08-07, 21:58
I am looking for a "bulletproof" single stage trigger to place in my POF lower and was wondering what you guys think the best is and what weight trigger pull do you like?

Dave L.
12-09-07, 07:13
By best to mean smoothest, longest lasting, or both?
How much do you want to spend?

#1 Geissele Automatics 2 Stage- $280, but it's the best.

Derek_Connor
12-09-07, 07:24
I am looking for a "bulletproof" single stage trigger to place in my POF lower and was wondering what you guys think the best is and what weight trigger pull do you like?

"bulletproof" single stage, id have to go with a simple milspec trigger out of a quality LPK kit with no mods, no sanding/grinding.

bspring
12-10-07, 12:50
A stock single stage can be worked to a nice 4lbs pull, that can be very reliable.

Bill

Pat_D
12-16-07, 20:21
bspring,

I have stock Colt triggers in my lowers and would adore a 4 pound pull. Can you tell me who could perform this type of work?

redtazdog
12-17-07, 00:53
Timney has a good single stage that drops in the receiver real easy if you cant mod your stock trigger.
A good place to find trigger brands

http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?TabID=9&Categoryid=11622&categorystring=10636***10560***8807***11619***

PetesTactical
12-17-07, 12:45
I've heard the Timney's are really good. Anyone running a Chip McCormic drop in? I really like the look of the flat trigger.

ErnieB
12-17-07, 12:50
I've heard the Timney's are really good. Anyone running a Chip McCormic drop in? I really like the look of the flat trigger.

Both of the above triggers have proven to be fragile. A friends Timney went down early in a Bennie Cooley class. McCormicks have had issues for some time now. There are plenty of other options worth considering. Why chance it.

ErnieB
12-17-07, 12:53

Nothing is "bulletproof" but a stock trigger with some rounds on it is your best bet. High speed triggers (with maybe the exception of the Geisselle) are for fun guns not for defensive guns.

heijutsu
12-19-07, 13:59
Looks like I am leaning towards the LMT LPK that I have seen on this site.

Alaskapopo
12-22-07, 15:15
I am running Geisselle's service match triggers in all my AR's except my GAP Ar10 which has a KAC trigger. So far so good. The KAC set scew that adjust the disconnector engagement backed out on me in a precision rifle class but a little lock tight fixed that.
Pat

C4IGrant
12-22-07, 15:55

Bullet proof and single stage do NOT go together unless you want a standard USGI trigger.

C4

Shihan
12-23-07, 13:17
Both of the above triggers have proven to be fragile. A friends Timney went down early in a Bennie Cooley class. McCormicks have had issues for some time now. There are plenty of other options worth considering. Why chance it.

How long ago was it that the Timney went down? I hear that Timney fixed the issues on their newer triggers and I have heard of zero problems with them. I hope they are GTG as I just installed one yesterday.

CONKLE73
01-08-08, 12:00
CMC drop in!

Alaskapopo
01-08-08, 12:47
CMC drop in!

I have heard these triggers have reliablity issues.
Pat

cody0341
01-09-08, 19:56
I have the Chip Mccormick drop in trigger in my DPMS M4. I love it, crisp break, nice reset and very easy to clean.

Shihan
01-09-08, 20:17
I have the Chip Mccormick drop in trigger in my DPMS M4. I love it, crisp break, nice reset and very easy to clean.

How many rounds pushed through both the weapon and trigger? How many of those rounds were with the weapon being pushed? I didnt know DPMS made a M4?

tpe187
01-09-08, 23:23
I know you said single stage, but I really gotta tell you, try a Geissele trigger. I've had a JP trigger for 3-gun and after using the Giessele for service rifle Highpower competition, I was sold. I now have two more in my defensive AR's with over 2000rds of M855 in each and have had no problems. The allow excellent precision for long shots and the reset is so short you can make is seem like a full auto. Controlled pairs sound like one shot. I have never seen or heard a bad thing about Geissele's triggers, other than cost, which is expensive. In my opinion, you definately get what you pay for. Shortly, Bill will be coming out with a non-adjustable version, which should be about $100 cheaper.

For a testimonial, its what the Army Marksmanship Unit uses in their rifles, its also replaced the KAC 2-stage in at least some DMR rifles. Bill has an Auto version that SF has been using with great success and in shitty locals that will test the trigger more than most will in a lifetime of use.

Now, all that said, if I had to pick a single stage, for a duty weapon, it would be an LMT FCG. Hope that helps.

jjw
01-16-08, 18:59
Bullet proof and single stage do NOT go together unless you want a standard USGI trigger.

C4

absolutely grant says it perfectly
a rock river match is as good as it gets for reliability in a gmaes gun. trick triggers will go down. usually in the middle of a big three gun match.

stay with a good smooth standard trigger.
colts are gruesome cant be improved. i am told
i use r.r.a. in my match abd training guns.

real world -- does not make a rats ass. a match trigger in the trick rifle is not a trigger i want in the real world
define usuage. will answer the question

pearson
01-16-08, 19:50

i have used a couple of them also and like them pretty well

lowprone
01-20-08, 13:20
I have a Jewell on my match rifle, been to Perry 3 times with it, approx 8k through this rifle 3rd barrel.
A Rock River NM w/ their trigger, need to put more rds through it, before it
go's to Perry as backup for #1.
3 Accuracy Speaks triggers, one is the FA on my M4, he makes good kit, the
energizer bunny trigger. The Army puts his FA trigger in some D Boys rifles.

septic-tank13
01-23-08, 21:33
hell of a note... some friends and i were setting around wondering about this very thing a few months ago. as a result i'm in the middle of testing the majority of the major players in the aftermarket industry.

-AA
-Geiselle
-CMC
-Armalite
-RRA
-Timney
-JP
-Jard
-Jewell
-Accuracy Speaks

and possibly a few more. it wouldn't be fair to let loose my opinions just yet, but a large part of the reason i signed on here was so i could post this for all to view. i hope it helps.

some interesting replies here just the same.

"best" is a hell of an assignment. it is also relative - that is the biggest thing.