PDA

View Full Version : 6920, trigger creep?

Tabasco
12-08-07, 22:24
My new 6920 has quite a bit of creep, almost feels like a two stage but very short take up. I thought 6920s were know for their heavy triggers and no creep? I only have 300 rounds through it and want to keep it bone stock, what should I do?

thanks

JoshNC
12-09-07, 09:45
My new 6920 has quite a bit of creep, almost feels like a two stage but very short take up. I thought 6920s were know for their heavy triggers and no creep? I only have 300 rounds through it and want to keep it bone stock, what should I do?

thanks

Put some moly lube on the bearing surfaces of the trigger and hammer and dry fire the crap out of your weapon. I had a Bushmaster trigger that had alot of creep and was very gritty. I removed the upper from the lower, and any time I was watching TV I would cycle and release the hammer (with my thumb on the hammer to prevent it from repeatedly impacting on the lower).

I do this to all my rifles to smooth out the trigger pull and it works well.

You could also remove your hammer and trigger and inspect them with a magnifying glass or jewlers loupes to see if there are any burrs from the machining process that may be causing this.

Tabasco
12-09-07, 14:03
thanks john, I'm going to put more rounds through it and dry fire like you said.

thanks

Joe Mamma
12-09-07, 14:10

thanks

If it makes you feel better, my 6920 trigger sucks too. I've got more rounds through it than you but, I've just decided to live with it for now.

Joe Mamma

12-11-07, 12:40
I will echo the sentiment that lots of dry fire should noticeably improve it. I liken a stock AR trigger to a Glock trigger; the more you use them, the better they feel.

The last time I shot a co-worker's 6920, after lining up for the first shot and applying what seemed like 12 pounds of pressure , I let off and checked if the safety was on.

It wasn't. :D That particular trigger felt more like a popsicle stick breaking than the proverbial 'glass rod'.

markm
12-11-07, 13:14
You could always put a sissy trigger in it!

Save the OEM parts for me though! :D

toddackerman
12-14-07, 17:40
All stock USGI triggers that I have felt have creep.

There is a fellow that I have had tune my factory trigger to 4# with no creep for $32.00 shipped back to me. Bill Springfield in Colorado Springs.

1500 hard rounds on the trigger he did for me, and no issues so far. Plenty of engagement surface left on the Hammer, Trigger, and disconnector with little to no wear.

I do keep close watch on it, and clean and lube the bearing surfaces with Machine Gunners Lube every cleaning. Once I hit the 5,000 round mark without issue, I'm going to make the skeptics all buy me a beer...and there are quite a few. Not that there is anything magic about 5,000 rounds, but for the $32.00, I could do 3 new trigger groups for the price of one of the "Sissy Triggers".:)