PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on LaRue mount for Aimpoint M4

mattmcg
12-09-07, 04:51
I'm looking at picking up an Aimpoint M4 from LaRue with the integrated LaRue mount but I'm trying to determine if I should order the standard AR mount LT659 that sits 1.725" tall or the medium LT659-NV that sits 1.535" for an absolute co-witness. Any reason I should choose one over the other? I won't be using this with night vision gear or magnifier.

Thanks.......

Erick Gelhaus
12-09-07, 05:13
Not being a Co-Witness guy (and just wanting my irons in the bottom 1/3rd), I'd go with the 1.725" model.

Erick

nickdrak
12-09-07, 08:12
I much prefer the lower 1/3 co-witness, but thats just ME. More important is what YOU prefer.

The benefits to the lower 1/3 co-witness as I see it are: Less clutter in your optics sight picture. I also prefer the more "heads-up" field of view you get with the lower 1/3 co-wit, as it is more useful when using your optic while shooting with both eyes open, helping me have a better, more wide open field of view, which I believe helps eliminate "tunnel vision".

More compatibility with accessories such as Magnifiers, NVG etc. Even if you dont have those accessories now, you may want to get them later on.

Street Survival
12-31-07, 08:55
I much prefer the lower 1/3 co-witness also. I think it's the way to go.