PDA

View Full Version : Another Fine Example of Why The Corps is Soooooo High Speed

DragonDoc
12-30-11, 11:09
http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx212/dragondoc/Anotherfineexampleofwhythecorpsissoooohighspeed.jpg

You just know some Gunny kicked his Sh*t in for this.

markm
12-30-11, 11:20
Reminds me of my BUIS for my IRONS!! :cool:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/trixiebud/buis.jpg

DragonDoc
12-30-11, 12:36

Okay that made me laugh out loud. Glad no one is in the TOC this late at night. :jester:

Mauser KAR98K
12-30-11, 12:59
Reminds me of the Simpsons episode were Bart placed a crap load of megaphones together.

William B.
12-30-11, 12:59
He obviously needed 12X magnification for his upcoming deployment to Afghanistan :jester:

markm
12-30-11, 13:11
Okay that made me laugh out loud. Glad no one is in the TOC this late at night. :jester:

You can actually pick up the Front Sight post through both apps. :D

Heavy Metal
12-30-11, 13:38
http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx212/dragondoc/Anotherfineexampleofwhythecorpsissoooohighspeed.jpg

You just know some Gunny kicked his Sh*t in for this.

This is why you don't let privates have free time....

caporider
12-30-11, 14:07
He obviously needed 12X magnification for his upcoming deployment to Afghanistan :jester:

64x... ;)

William B.
12-30-11, 15:19
64x... ;)

Good Lord. It's a $3600 spotting scope :blink:

BCmJUnKie
12-30-11, 15:29
I Like the BUBUIS lol.

Heres my 200 yd M&P, CQB capable

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/Danger131/DSC00827.jpg

QuickStrike
12-30-11, 18:11
I Like the BUBUIS lol.

No duct tape?!

I am disappoint.

SeriousStudent
12-30-11, 18:30
This is why they never gave my squad nice things. :D

Suwannee Tim
12-30-11, 19:46
At least he's got his booger hook off the bang switch.

Armati
12-31-11, 00:05
The best thing about that pic - a skinny young kid with a well worn but immaculately clean rifle.

Iraqgunz
12-31-11, 00:13
I'll send that pic to the BATFE office in Colorado. You know, "constructive intent" and all.

I Like the BUBUIS lol.

BCmJUnKie
12-31-11, 00:46
I'll send that pic to the BATFE office in Colorado. You know, "constructive intent" and all.

Look close. It's not mounted.

I'm not stupid

The_War_Wagon
12-31-11, 00:55

Yeah - because THAT guy put YOUR squad's worth of gear on HIS rifle! :sarcastic:

DragonDoc
12-31-11, 07:01

You would be hard pressed to get an optic in my Company. They don't want to give out the ACOGS and the M68s (Comp M2s) have all been passed out. My PL is still mad because the Armorer gave away his zeroed ACOG instead of cracking open the footlocker full of new in the box scopes. He has a reason too be mad but I'm fuming. The Armorer gave away my rifle with the optic. I am sans rifle now. The command feels that you don't need an assigned weapon. You just grab one out the rack and go take care of business. All I could do was double palm face plant.

Palmguy
12-31-11, 08:00
Look close. It's not mounted.

I'm not stupid

That's why he said constructive intent.

Pretty sure he was kidding also.

SeriousStudent
12-31-11, 11:26
Yeah - because THAT guy put YOUR squad's worth of gear on HIS rifle! :sarcastic:

And as his squad leader, I made him carry it, too. ;)

And a baseplate as well, if I was in a particularly foul mood, or was out of coffee that day.

SeriousStudent
12-31-11, 11:31
You would be hard pressed to get an optic in my Company. They don't want to give out the ACOGS and the M68s (Comp M2s) have all been passed out. My PL is still mad because the Armorer gave away his zeroed ACOG instead of cracking open the footlocker full of new in the box scopes. He has a reason too be mad but I'm fuming. The Armorer gave away my rifle with the optic. I am sans rifle now. The command feels that you don't need an assigned weapon. You just grab one out the rack and go take care of business. All I could do was double palm face plant.

This is why technology never makes up for a few simple assbeatings.

http://www.squad-leader.com/fm22_102.htm

We may have been simple knuckle-dragging Philistines, but things did go smoothly.....

Of course, the only optics in our company were privately purchased binos.

TurretGunner
12-31-11, 11:59

I never believe stories like this. If a Armor is hoarding weapons or optics, then it would be short lived. Most of the shit you hear from Joe is a rummor. ALl it would take is one PL, the 1sgt, XO or CO and the shit would be out there. If its not out there then there is a good reason.

Are you talking about garrison or on deployment. No one is without a weapon on deployment so I am assuming you mean garrison. They prob have a reason they dont want to issue out their best gear here in the states. Maybe they dont want it to get ****ed up before their deployment. You dont need a weapon assigned to you in garrison. AS long as you qualify every year then your good to go. I don't know why your bitching about it.

Are you combat arms where you will be relying on that weapon for your life or are you a cook or mechanic who shoots his weapons once a year?

DragonDoc
12-31-11, 13:05
I never believe stories like this. If a Armor is hoarding weapons or optics, then it would be short lived. Most of the shit you hear from Joe is a rummor. ALl it would take is one PL, the 1sgt, XO or CO and the shit would be out there. If its not out there then there is a good reason.

Are you talking about garrison or on deployment. No one is without a weapon on deployment so I am assuming you mean garrison. They prob have a reason they dont want to issue out their best gear here in the states. Maybe they dont want it to get ****ed up before their deployment. You dont need a weapon assigned to you in garrison. AS long as you qualify every year then your good to go. I don't know why your bitching about it.

Are you combat arms where you will be relying on that weapon for your life or are you a cook or mechanic who shoots his weapons once a year?

Check the sig. I am a flight medic and you have obviously NEVER been in a Combat Aviation Brigade (CAB). Long story short long guns went over in a container and were issued out haphazardly. Since I am a SFC and a PSG, I have access to both the CO and the 1SG and information so I don't need to rely on rumors. Yes I did spoke with them both and the aviation view is as long as you have enough rifles on the aircraft for your crews you are good. So I don't have a rifle assigned but I can grab one out of the rack in the TOC and go fly. Good thing I burned thru 2k rounds of personal ammo in my POW before we deployed so I can have an idea of were my round might hit. The rest of the company probably shot 58 rounds this year (18 to zero and 40 to qual).

HES
12-31-11, 13:16
This is why you don't let privates have free time....
This.

I don't know if this applies to Cpls in the Corps, but in the Army the most dangerous thing is a SPC with free time on his hands. I ought to know from experience :D

TurretGunner
12-31-11, 13:32
Check the sig. I am a flight medic and you have obviously NEVER been in a Combat Aviation Brigade (CAB). Long story short long guns went over in a container and were issued out haphazardly. Since I am a SFC and a PSG, I have access to both the CO and the 1SG and information so I don't need to rely on rumors. Yes I did spoke with them both and the aviation view is as long as you have enough rifles on the aircraft for your crews you are good. So I don't have a rifle assigned but I can grab one out of the rack in the TOC and go fly. Good thing I burned thru 2k rounds of personal ammo in my POW before we deployed so I can have an idea of were my round might hit. The rest of the company probably shot 58 rounds this year (18 to zero and 40 to qual).

My last two years were in the 29th CAB out of Edgewood. I worked in Brigade S4.

Sounds like you have the most ****ed up unit in the army. EVERY single one of our pilots and crew had both m16/m4 and M9. Everyone was assigned weapons. You cannot even deploy without a weapon assigned to you. I know how ****ed up aviation can be, but everyone in the army deploys with a weapon, that simple(exl Chaplain). Weapons are not sent overseas in containers. They are either Hand Carried , or flown in with the unit(crew serve may be shipped)

This still does not make sense. If your Supply SGT was hoarding gear that should have been issued, Every PL/SL/PS would be at the 1sgt's office or standing in front of the CO.

DragonDoc
01-01-12, 00:28
My last two years were in the 29th CAB out of Edgewood. I worked in Brigade S4.

Sounds like you have the most ****ed up unit in the army. EVERY single one of our pilots and crew had both m16/m4 and M9. Everyone was assigned weapons. You cannot even deploy without a weapon assigned to you. I know how ****ed up aviation can be, but everyone in the army deploys with a weapon, that simple(exl Chaplain). Weapons are not sent overseas in containers. They are either Hand Carried , or flown in with the unit(crew serve may be shipped)

This still does not make sense. If your Supply SGT was hoarding gear that should have been issued, Every PL/SL/PS would be at the 1sgt's office or standing in front of the CO.

I have a M9 but no rifle which wouldn't do me much good on MEDEVAC missions in rifle country. Good news is that medics are noncombatants just like chaplains and can choose to go sans weapons. I am not saying I would take that route but medical personnel could. I would rather not say what my unit is as it has a Loooooonnnngggggg history of being exactly what you said above. I would be pulling my hair out but I shave my head. We have a variation of Inshallah in the BDE. It is and I qoute "it is what it is". Some days you feel like the butt of a cruel joke. :jester:

one
01-01-12, 01:55
Jusssst great. Another picture that TOS users, and other equally TOS sites, will be posting for years over and over like they do now when they want to bash anyone that puts accessories or optics on rails.

DragonDoc
01-01-12, 02:31
Jusssst great. Another picture that TOS users, and other equally TOS sites, will be posting for years over and over like they do now when they want to bash anyone that puts accessories or optics on rails.

I found this on the Facebook page of a 25 I.D. Infantryman (Hawaii). I guess he was poking fun at the Marine Infantrymen in Hawaii.

JohnnyC
01-01-12, 06:06

Lemme guess, went to ASU? :lol:

That's just funny right there. It's amazing that you can pick up the front sight through both apertures.

d90king
01-01-12, 06:45
I'd rather see him doing that, instead of tagging bridges and overpasses which is what he might have been doing prior to volunteering to serve his country. ;)

He looks like a kid who got bored. Good thing we were never kids and bored, imagine the things we did at 18.

markm
01-01-12, 09:51
Lemme guess, went to ASU? :lol:

That's just funny right there. It's amazing that you can pick up the front sight through both apertures.

Yes on both!!! :D

DragonDoc
01-01-12, 10:39
I'd rather see him doing that, instead of tagging bridges and overpasses which is what he might have been doing prior to volunteering to serve his country. ;)

He looks like a kid who got bored. Good thing we were never kids and bored, imagine the things we did at 18.

I don't know about 18 but at 19 we set a garbage can on fire in front of the barracks. We then proceeded to throw aerosol cans (empty starch cans and deodorants) into the fire to watch and hear them blow up. It was all good until someone threw an empty can of construction grade spray adhesive into the can. That made a nice fire ball and the fire stayed lit instead of going out. We were hooked at that point and proceeded to throw half empty cans in. What do you know bigger fireball, time for a full can. One 30' wide fireball 50' in the air later and we were tossing in two full cans. That is when the Battalion Staff Duty NCO pulled up in his M1009 (Chevy Blazer) and stopped right next to the can. He refused to move and the whole time we were yelling for him to pull forward. I think he shat himself when the first can went off and the second can sealed the deal. It was hilarious. There is nothing more dangerous than 350 E-4 and below living in open bays 60 miles from civilization with no TV, no cars and no women. McGregor Range Fort Bliss was a blast back (sorry for the cheap pun) in the late 80s. :dance3:

MistWolf
01-01-12, 19:05
...in the Army the most dangerous thing is a SPC with free time on his hands. I ought to know from experience :D

Second most dangerous. The most dangerous is a 2nd Lt. with a map and a compass

TurretGunner
01-01-12, 21:09

Yea the E4 Mafia can take care of its own. We may **** shit up, but we **** other people shit up.

Whenever an Officer starts a sentance with "In My experience....." you know its going to be a long ****ing day.

HES
01-02-12, 01:00

Yea the E4 Mafia can take care of its own. We may **** shit up, but we **** other people shit up.

Whenever an Officer starts a sentance with "In My experience....." you know its going to be a long ****ing day.

Ok you two win. Right on both parts.

E4 Mafia? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya know I never heard that but it make so much freaking sense. Oh the shit we used to get away with.

DragonDoc
01-02-12, 06:57

The E-4 Mafia ain't got shat on WOPA (Warrant Officer Protection Agency). These guys are stone cold and don't take shat from nobody. They also police up their own.

TurretGunner
01-02-12, 11:52
The E-4 Mafia ain't got shat on WOPA (Warrant Officer Protection Agency). These guys are stone cold and don't take shat from nobody. They also police up their own.

Yea no doubt. I miss my cheifs. Some of the best dudes in the military but they are like their own little army.

Kfgk14
01-02-12, 14:33
That's gotta be so precise! Like 80x magnification, I think :D

TurretGunner
01-02-12, 15:22
That's gotta be so precise! Like 80x magnification, I think :D

4x4x4 = 64

Heavy Metal
01-02-12, 16:00
Ok you two win. Right on both parts.

E4 Mafia? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya know I never heard that but it make so much freaking sense. Oh the shit we used to get away with.

Full Bird Privates!

a0cake
01-02-12, 16:18
There are some SPC4's out there that I would trust with leading a platoon. There are others that I wouldn't trust to load a magazine.

Same goes for Senior NCO's. Except in my experience SPC4's are generally all around more competent and far less senile than the average SGM. Early onset Alzheimers seems to run rampant in the Army.

As for the ACOG's, he was probably just curious to see what it would look like. After seeing that picture, so am I. Can't quite understand why some of you would "**** him up" over that. He's not damaging anything. Maybe some of you spent most of your high school careers stuffed in lockers? I don't know.