PDA

View Full Version : Ed's Public Safety

platoonDaddy
12-30-11, 14:22
For a few years, I have been purchasing my Glock's through Ed's Public Safety of course using my military discount. Yesterday, I went to purchase a G34 & was informed since May their territory is now limited to GA, AL, NC, SC.

Dang, what a bitch for them and me. With the limited area their volume of sales are going to suffer, I will certainly have too pay more monies (with tax etc.).

Now I will have to search for an internet business servicing the Md area. Even with the military discount, the local dealers are tooooooooooooo friggin high.

Just checked with LE sales for my zip-code and three show up: http://us.glock.com/dealer-locator?zip=30350

1. Coatsville Pa and they can only sell to LE from PA (period)

2. Egg Harbor, Nj waiting for call back

3. Cop Shop in Balto and when he is done with taxes, MSP fee, lock etc. he is just too high.

TurretGunner
12-30-11, 18:33
I used the cop shop in Baltimore for my g19. I will never go there again. All the thin blue line Bullshit and acting like if your not a cop (which being a cop in baltimore is not exactly a compliment) you don't deserve to be in their shop....

It would be cheaper to find one out of state and have GC or Freestate do the xfer for you. They are both around whitemarsh and charge $30 inc the MSP handgun fee. Save on the Tax. Also use one of the locks you got on another purchase. You do not have to buy it from them. Also make sure it has a fired shell casing or your looking at another $30+ to have a SOT do that.

I know there are a few Blue Label dealers in PA.

mtdawg169
12-30-11, 23:35
Sorry to hear that man, Ed's is just right down the road from me.

tusk212
12-31-11, 11:05
Yea, it sure does suck. I've purchased from Ed's before and prefered to deal with them rather than any of the locals.

platoonDaddy
12-31-11, 12:28
Yea, it sure does suck. I've purchased from Ed's before and prefered to deal with them rather than any of the locals.

Certainly cheaper than locals, maybe the locals took their case to Glock, hence the new friggin boundaries.

HK51Fan
12-31-11, 21:57
For a few years, I have been purchasing my Glock's through Ed's Public Safety of course using my military discount. Yesterday, I went to purchase a G34 & was informed since May their territory is now limited to GA, AL, NC, SC.

Dang, what a bitch for them and me. With the limited area their volume of sales are going to suffer, I will certainly have too pay more monies (with tax etc.).

Now I will have to search for an internet business servicing the Md area. Even with the military discount, the local dealers are tooooooooooooo friggin high.

Just checked with LE sales for my zip-code and three show up: http://us.glock.com/dealer-locator?zip=30350

1. Coatsville Pa and they can only sell to LE from PA (period)

2. Egg Harbor, Nj waiting for call back

3. Cop Shop in Balto and when he is done with taxes, MSP fee, lock etc. he is just too high.

Try GT Distributtors out of Austin.

http://www.gtdist.com/

platoonDaddy
01-03-12, 15:56
Try GT Distributors out of Austin.

Just got off the phone and they are also bound by the territorial boundaries established by Glock. She went through the list of states they are authorized to provide LE discounts and can you believe Florida is one of them.

Shit, Ed's is in Ga and Austin Texas has Florida, all very strange.

Thanks for the lead, even though Glock screwed me. :(

HK51Fan
01-03-12, 16:02
Sorry bro. I can tell you that GT usually has close to the same prices on GB as they have in the store for their LEOs.

Do you have to buy new?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=267382650

mtdawg169
01-10-12, 16:10
Ed's has some strange restrictions on sales to civilians for new glocks. I live 10 minutes from them and the only way to buy from them is to register with GSSF and get some kind of code that has to be provided to the store. It seems like Glock wants to keep them limited to LE sales only so they don't compete with other local dealers.

HK51Fan
01-10-12, 16:17
Ask them about LEO trade ins. Unless you have to have brand new, then you're stuck.

mtdawg169
01-11-12, 21:05
Ask them about LEO trade ins. Unless you have to have brand new, then you're stuck.

They have a ton of dept trade in guns, mostly .40 s&w 22/23 models. Most are in pretty rough shape. Last time I was in there, they had a bunch of 45 GAP guns. Several guns I saw were rusted, had heavily fouled barrels or were in generally rough condition.