PDA

View Full Version : Laminated stock Mosin-Nagants

Slater
12-30-11, 15:44
Picked this up recently from J&G Sales for $109 OTD. This is a 1938 Tula M91/30 that's been rearsenaled with a laminated stock. These type stocks were primarily a postwar feature on refurbished M91/30's and tended to resist the elements a bit better than the standard birch stock. I just think the laminated stock looks kinda cool.

Came with the usual "party pack" of sling, bayonet, ammo pouch, oil can, and tool kit. I would rate the bore as VG.

I know a lot of folks turn up their noses at Mosin-Nagants, but they're a pretty good deal and can be a lot of fun at the range.

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/5757_photos/001-38.jpg

Saleen4971
12-30-11, 15:54
Nice, I have a 42 tula, with an ati stock, next on the list is a good scope mount. The scout mount sucks.

Any bolt sticking issues? Mine was plagued by it, until I took the bolt apart and polished every surface.

Sent from my MB860

Straight Shooter
12-30-11, 16:06
I love when people "turn up their noses" at the Nagant rifles. Sure, they arent $5000 sniper rifles, were never meant to fill that role.
But they are durable, solid and reliable rifles, and the couple Ive owned were very surprisingly accurate.
I love the laminated stocks, Id like to get a hex reciever with a lam stock.