PDA

View Full Version : 1 inch see through scope rings sm mp15

manofsteel
12-31-11, 20:55
looking at mounting some see through type scope mounts on my smith and wesson mp15 sport, any suggetions that would work and still be able to see through and use the iron sights if needed.
Thanks

Failure2Stop
01-01-12, 11:10
The see-through/under sights that some use with hunting rifles don't work all that well with ARs since the line of sight for irons are obscured by the line of sight for the optic unless you mount the optic on the carry-handle, which sucks for cheek-weld for the optic.

Other options are to use a piggybacked or offset secondary optic or iron sight set, which are viable but present their own set of variables.

I guess you could also use some kind of custom shortened irons but their low line of sight will be problematic to achieve proper head position.

ucrt
01-01-12, 14:00

Think about it OP...your AR sights are like 1-1/2" high. I'm sure you's want to put a 40-50mm scope, so to have see-thru mounts, your scope would have to be something like 2-3/4"+ high.
You'd probably pull a neck muscle trying to see through it and then, so much for your cheek weld.
;)