PDA

View Full Version : Your CCW permit doesn't include automobile carry?

Trajan
01-01-12, 14:14
From todays Canton Repository (not online yet):
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x447/OptimusTrajan/IMG_0417.jpg

sgtjosh
01-01-12, 14:48
My guess is that it was likely as permit for carry as a security guard. However, in California (of all places) that type of permit allows carry in your vehicle to and from your place of employment.

QuietShootr
01-01-12, 15:06
Horrors!! "Guns Strapped To Their Sides!! OMGWTFBBQ!!"

The dumb bitch who wrote that would have shit a Twinkie if she'd seen me driving down the interstate yesterday with an M2 in the back seat of my truck, the tripod in the bed, and a loaded MP5 on the truck seat next to me.

HeavyDuty
01-01-12, 15:32
I thought they did away with that provision of OH CCW - at one time you were required to keep the weapon unholstered in plain sight in the vehicle or something like that.

HeavyDuty
01-01-12, 15:36
I thought so - they did change the law, and I don't think it was recently (I concealed in my POV when I was there in 2008 or so). Per the state CCW manual located at http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/files/Publications/Publications-for-Law-Enforcement/Concealed-Carry-Publications/Concealed-Carry-Laws-Booklet :

Transporting in Motor Vehicles

The transportation in motor vehicles of loaded, concealed handguns by licensed permit holders is permitted. You may not have a loaded handgun in the vehicle if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Some other kind of asshattery going on here, either on the part of the arrestees or the LE.

munch520
01-01-12, 15:40
In Ohio permits allow carry in autos if properly stored/holstered.

The woman that wrote the article is at best a high-functioning retard. "Carry conceal permit"? Smh...

EChryst
01-01-12, 19:33
In Ohio permits allow carry in autos if properly stored/holstered.

This is no longer part of the Ohio Revised Code as of SB17 that went into effect on September 30th, 2011. There is no more storage/holster requirement.

Someone should have that lady out in the rocks doing flutterkicks right now.

Somethings wrong about that story, as well.

EChryst
01-01-12, 19:38
Also, posting this on the Ohioans for Concealed Carry forum. Will get to the bottom of this.

munch520
01-01-12, 19:40
This is no longer part of the Ohio Revised Code as of SB17 that went into effect on September 30th, 2011. There is no more storage/holster requirement.

Oh that's right

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-02-12, 00:40
Is there still that odd loaded mags with a gun ( not in the gun), even in your trunk issue?

EChryst
01-02-12, 05:05
Is there still that odd loaded mags with a gun ( not in the gun), even in your trunk issue?

Yeah.

Buckaroo
01-02-12, 06:52

Huh? What am I missing here? Guess I'd better brush up on my understanding of Ohio gun laws.

Why can't common sense be more common?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

EChryst
01-02-12, 06:58
Huh? What am I missing here? Guess I'd better brush up on my understanding of Ohio gun laws.

Why can't common sense be more common?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Sorry, was on my way to workout when I thought a "Yeah" reply would suffice.

In Ohio, for someone who DOES NOT have their CHL, a loaded magazine for their weapon, no matter it's location in the vehicle, is considered a loaded weapon.

I.E. ANY 1911 mags with a round in it, in a car with a 1911, makes that 1911 "loaded". Not a problem if you have your CHL. Big problem if you don't

Also applies for rifles. So I have to load my Pmags when I get the range. Rounds CAN be on stripper clips.

Good luck trying to figure it out. I live here and constantly make sure I'm correct.

jmp45
01-02-12, 18:44
I was pulled over in the very same location on I77 going slightly over speed limit earlier this year. I was carrying on my person, holstered and concealed. I did as we are instructed and it was not an issue whatsoever with the leo. The LEO said we did everything right. He was quite nice and let me off with just a warning. I also talked to a Jackson twp officer when my wife and I both got our ccw permits in extent with some questions about the area. That officer was pro ccw saying it's kind of a good guy card. I'm guessing there is more to this too. Maybe priors involved.. These news people really need to get some understanding on this, but then most have a left leaning agenda so I won't hold my breath.

Trajan, is it possible the officer that was in trouble earlier this year with ccw holders was involved?

I do have to say, if you are heading southbound on 77 the limit drops from 65 to 55 abruptly around a bend just south of the Belden Village mall, north of the Hall of Fame. They take time just passed the 55 mph sign.

Trajan
01-03-12, 18:21
Trajan, is it possible the officer that was in trouble earlier this year with ccw holders was involved?

Probably not. I-77 is Highway Patrols domain IIRC. Mr. Two Steps back was Canton PD.

I'm guessing you guys are right about his security guard permit, as well as the dumbass writer.

jmp45
01-03-12, 18:31
Probably not. I-77 is Highway Patrols domain IIRC. Mr. Two Steps back was Canton PD.

I'm guessing you guys are right about his security guard permit, as well as the dumbass writer.

It was Canton PD that pulled us over on I-77, they are there too.

C4IGrant
01-03-12, 18:45

Canton PD does patrol certain sections of 77.

C4

Trajan
01-03-12, 19:41

Weird. I've never seen them. Learn something new everyday.

Noodle
01-03-12, 20:40
I see NH wants to pass a law to allow loaded guns (round in chamber) in an automobile.