PDA

View Full Version : The death of Scooby Doo

wild_wild_wes
01-01-12, 20:30
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2011/12/52571db65cf11d78a6adafad613f8859.jpg

Scooby Doo was a damn good robot. During his deployment in Iraq he assisted in the disposal of 17 IEDs, 1 carbomb, and 1 unexploded bomb (which is always a major get for an EOD unit because of the intel they can gather about the bomb's maker). For every successful mission, the soldiers would draw a hashmark on Scooby Doo's head unit, similar to how fighter jet pilots mark the number of enemies they've shot down on the hull of their planes. Scooby became a member of a team with soldiers that relied on each other.

But one day Scooby met his match. Maybe he'd gotten cocky, turned maverick. His ego writing checks his body couldn't cash. We'll never know. But Scooby Doo was killed in Iraq when an IED he was trying to defuse exploded.

Like Luke after R2-D2 saved the day on the Death Star's trench run, the veteran EOD unit member brought Scooby's body into the repair depot at Camp Victory and said "you've got to fix Scooby." The repair tech said that Scooby was beyond repair, but he could have a brand new robot. No, you don't under stand, this soldier insisted, Scooby Doo had be fixed. He did not want some damn new robot—he wanted Scooby Doo back. Scooby Doo was part of the team. He'd saved their lives. It was reported that this veteran soldier was visibly upset.

And this is not uncommon. EOD units have been known to promote their bots to titles such as Staff Sergeant, award them Purple Hearts, and even hold funerals for their fallen brothers in robotic arms. They assign them personalities, dispositions. Some have even taken their robots fishing with them and let them hold the pole.

http://gizmodo.com/5870529/the-sad-story-of-a-real-life-r2+d2-who-saved-countless-human-lives-and-died

Buckaroo
01-01-12, 22:15
Very Cool what is being accomplished these days that leads to saving soldiers lives.

Thanks for posting this!

HK51Fan
01-02-12, 01:26
RIP Scoob, may your parts be recycled into 100 dildos............................

Moose-Knuckle
01-02-12, 03:24
RIP Scoob, may your parts be recycled into 100 dildos............................

:lol:

Ahh yes, if only all our karmas could be so rewarded.

randolph
01-02-12, 08:41

Karma... Good Stuff...:cray:

viperashes
01-02-12, 08:50
We should all aspire to head to Valhalla with as much dignity as Scooby Doo. That's a damn fine robot there. Rust In Peace, Scooby.

CarlosDJackal
01-02-12, 10:12

No kidding. And might I add that those 100 dildos be only purchased by Playboy Playmates, Penthouse Pets and Victoria Secret models!!

wild_wild_wes
01-02-12, 19:43
And might I add that those 100 dildos be only purchased by Playboy Playmates, Penthouse Pets and Victoria Secret models!!

I would prefer to see these dildos issued to our lonely U.S. service women stationed overseas. I'm sure Scooby would prefer this...

viperashes
01-02-12, 23:49
I would prefer to see these dildos issued to our lonely U.S. service women stationed overseas. I'm sure Scooby would prefer this...

I agree. This seems much more fitting.