PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy front sight post

MegademiC
01-01-12, 21:06
background: Friend bought his GF a psa middy to keep in her aptmt. We were sighting it in and it was shooting 6" low @25 yds. We started turning the fsp and it was extremely difficult. It would go up but not down. we forced it around with plyers but it got mared up so im trying to find a new one.

All I can find is Leapers brand and kind of want a better quality one. any input would be helpful.

amd5007
01-01-12, 21:13
Citizen's armory is a good place to get a few parts. They don't charge a flat rate for shipping so you don't end up spending an arm and a leg to ship a $5 part. You might also want to invest in the front sight tool.

Or head over to Palmetto state, they charge $7 for shipping, but they have a large selection of items to choose from. So you can make it worth it.

Iraqgunz
01-01-12, 21:18
Once you get the post remove the old one and check the hole. See if they forgot to drill and tap the hole all the way.

background: Friend bought his GF a psa middy to keep in her aptmt. We were sighting it in and it was shooting 6" low @25 yds. We started turning the fsp and it was extremely difficult. It would go up but not down. we forced it around with plyers but it got mared up so im trying to find a new one.

All I can find is Leapers brand and kind of want a better quality one. any input would be helpful.

MegademiC
01-01-12, 21:48
IG, will do. We forgot to lube that during initial detailing, so Im hoping its just gummed up from grease.

RD62
01-01-12, 21:52
I'd contact PSA if you are having issues.

skyugo
01-02-12, 02:40
if you're desperate to get it sighted in you could cut the post a bit shorter, that will raise your point of aim. redneck, but less redneck than a gun that doesn't hit.

jawalterusmc
01-02-12, 07:33
dont' forgot to try Amazon.com. You can find many of the accessories you want or need and at lower prices. I bought both my Troy sights (front and rear) for about 25% less than I could find elsewhere online or at my local Clyde Armory.

Surf
01-02-12, 13:09
DSG Arms.

Bob Reed
01-02-12, 13:23

Specialized Armament stocks high quality COLT Parts http://www.specializedarmament.com/catalog/AR_15_Parts-4-0.html

MegademiC
01-02-12, 13:58
I'd contact PSA if you are having issues.

I will, but im gonna check it out first. For right now we just told her to put the fsp on target and keep pulling the trigger, looking over rear sight. This will work fine in the aptmt. Ill pull the other one out and investigate when she comes back in town, but I dont know its the gun so Im not blaming PSA at this point. It turned once and was just tight so Im hoping its just a lube issue or somehting. Thank you all for the replies, Ill be checking them all out.

JackFanToM
01-02-12, 15:40
These always intrigued me, as you get a choice of style, and they are cheap

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=13802/psize=48/Product/AR-15-FRONT-SIGHT-PACK

donwalk
01-02-12, 16:29
www.midwayusa.com or www.amazon.com also...they each have numerous front sight posts. i might like to suggest a tritium front sight post if inside HD is main intent.

get a front sight adjusting tool and be sure to get the correct number of posts...4 or 5 depending on th sight post.