PDA

View Full Version : What Type of Sight?

Cokeman
01-01-12, 23:27
I am wondering what type of sight would be a good addition to my gun. I am looking at the $500 class. I am an outdoor target shooter. My enemies are milk jugs, cans, bottles, and paper targets. This is what I am shooting.

http://www.lmtstore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/e/defender_standard_model_16_sopmod_stock.jpg

What types would work best for me?

Jaysop
01-01-12, 23:36
Aimpoint pro for $400 or wait for midway to do a sale on a T1 for $500.

Magnified I like a Vortex PST 1-4 for that price range.

SMETNA
01-01-12, 23:36
Aimpoint PRO. Look all you want, that's your best value.

However: is that a Rock River? The reason I ask is because I have two Rock River Middy's and both needed a BCM BCG and a better barrel. If it is a RRA as I suspect, you might consider tackling function first.

ucrt
01-01-12, 23:37

IMO, You can't get any better than what you have on the gun.

But maybe it's just me...

Jaysop
01-01-12, 23:37
Aimpoint PRO. Look all you want, that's your best value.

However: is that a Rock River? The reason I ask is because I have two Rock River Middy's and both needed a BCM BCG and a better barrel. If they are RRA as I suspect, you might consider tackling function first.

Looks like an LMT to me but if it is a RRA I agree, Function first.

Cokeman
01-01-12, 23:39
It's an LMT STD16.

I thought you had to be in LE to get the Aimpoint Pro. No?

SMETNA
01-01-12, 23:50
I stand corrected. RRA is big into the Ergo grip, and they make a similar stock.

Apologies.

mkmckinley
01-01-12, 23:58
Like others have said the Aimpoint Pro in 2MOA would probably be a great fit for you. The micros are excellent too but a little pricier.

Cokeman
01-02-12, 00:13
LE only? No?

Are some of the smaller ones like the Trijicon RMR of Leupold DeltaPoint not worth getting or not as good?

SMETNA
01-02-12, 02:47
Not that I can tell. A few websites that list some items as LE/MIL only have pros available with no restrictions. Others may have more info on this

Tomac
01-02-12, 07:38
LE only? No?

Are some of the smaller ones like the Trijicon RMR of Leupold DeltaPoint not worth getting or not as good?

While very light, I find the RMR and others of its ilk to be too unforgiving of sloppy cheekweld (like when shooting from awkward positions).
Either Aimpoint Pro or keep an eye out for a deal on the Aimpoint Micro (I recently picked up a couple of Aimpoint H-1 Micros w/mounts from Palmetto State Armory's for $459/ea shipped and Botach currently has the Aimpoint T-1 Micro w/mount for $525 shipped).
Tomac