PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Magpil MIAD?

Steven T
08-21-06, 14:38
I just recieved a Magpul MIAD grip in Flat dark earth and the color is quite a bit different than the first one I recieved. The second grip is a darker color, not as bright as the first. Did Magpul switch colors? None of this really matters, just curious. The more I use the MIAD the more I like it, deffintley my favorite grip.
Steve.

Hoplophile
08-21-06, 18:14
The new one is FDE, the old one is coyote brown. ETA that if the old one was pre-production then it wasn't really color-matched very carefully because the cosmetics weren't as important.

C4IGrant
08-21-06, 19:17
The new one is FDE, the old one is coyote brown. ETA that if the old one was pre-production then it wasn't really color-matched very carefully because the cosmetics weren't as important.

Correct. The MIAD's in DE is new and they match the TD DE colors almost perfectly (along with the TROY rails in DE).

C4

Steven T
08-21-06, 19:50
Thanks for the quick replies, I kind of figured that one might be Coyote and one might be Flat Dark Earth. No worries just curious.
Steve.

SHIVAN
08-22-06, 20:14
I don't know about the color changes, but I sure do love my MIAD's...

I thought they looked weird before, but I finally shot with one and now have them on my two main carbines.

Love them....a lot.

Bulldog1967
08-22-06, 21:10
I don't know about the color changes, but I sure do love my MIAD's...

I thought they looked weird before, but I finally shot with one and now have them on my two main carbines.

Love them....a lot.

Yup, I've changed over ALL of the ARs to MIAD grips! :D

Robb Jensen
08-24-06, 06:48
Yup, I've changed over ALL of the ARs to MIAD grips! :D

Of my 6 personal ARs, 4 have MIADs the other 2 have Ergo rubber grips.

On the MIAD ARs after initial setup I've since changed to the non finger grooved front piece. The finger groove bugs me while shooting with it for extensive competition/training. I also use the largest back piece on the MIAD. I like the Magpul aluminum triggerguard as well.

Harv
08-24-06, 19:06
I just got a MIAD with an LMT Lower I picked up a few weeks ago. I wanted to try it and I gotta say... I really like it a lot more then my TD battle grip. I like the way it positions my trigger finger back so that just my first pad hits the trigger. Mine came with the biggest back strap. I'm thinking this is gonna be quite permanent grip for me from here on out...;)

cyclops
08-25-06, 06:45
Welcome to the MIAD club Harv. I've switched all of my carbines over as well. I'm digging that grip.

Nitrox
08-25-06, 09:25
I haven't switched every AR over to the MIAD but the two I have are clearly better than any grip on the market.