PDA

View Full Version : Al-Shaitan Ramadi - 255 Confirmed Kills

Gutshot John
01-03-12, 13:35
"For his deadly track record as a marksman during his deployment to Ramadi, the insurgents named him 'Al-Shaitan Ramad' -- the Devil of Rahmadi -- and put a $20,000 bounty on his head. 'I thought to myself, “Oh, hell yeah!”' (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2081430/255-confirmed-kills-Meet-Navy-SEAL-Chris-Kyle--deadliest-sniper-US-history.html#ixzz1iQRdeNsG)

Just a Jarhead
01-03-12, 15:38
Love it! Thanks for posting.

Buckaroo
01-03-12, 15:41
Sounds like quite a story! Where can I purchase this that will benefit veterans?

Reagans Rascals
01-03-12, 15:52
Was he med retired? Just wondering how he retired at 10 years in.

Gutshot John
01-03-12, 15:57
Article says he left to save his marriage.

Why would he have to be med boarded? Last time I checked SeALs only had a 6 year commitment + 4 year re-enlistment=10 years.

Or are you talking about formal retirement vs. just getting out of the mil?

Just a Jarhead
01-03-12, 16:02
Was he med retired? Just wondering how he retired at 10 years in.

Not retired. He did a 10 year stint. Here's an article with a video of him at the bottom explaining. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/this-navy-seal-sniper-is-the-deadliest-in-u-s-history-can-you-guess-his-longest-shot/

platoonDaddy
01-03-12, 16:03
Article says he left to save his marriage.

Why would he have to be med boarded? Last time I checked SeALs only had a 6 year commitment + 4 year re-enlistment=10 years.

Or are you talking about formal retirement vs. just getting out of the mil?

Read it as being medical.

Reagans Rascals
01-03-12, 16:08
It said he retired in the article....

...Mr Kyle, who retired from the Navy after 10 years of service...

I figured maybe he was injured during one of the six IED's and was med retired.

Gutshot John
01-03-12, 16:10
Read it as being medical.

From the article:

"He left the service in 2009, deciding not to [re]enlist[sic] in order to 'save his marriage' he told his publisher. "

Reagans Rascals
01-03-12, 16:12
From the article:

"He left the service in 2009, deciding not to [re]enlist[sic] in order to 'save his marriage' he told his publisher. "

There is a difference between deciding not to re-enlist and ETS'ing and retiring

Gutshot John
01-03-12, 16:32
There is a difference between deciding not to re-enlist and ETS'ing and retiring

I know the difference, I think we can assume that the editor/writer didn't know and that he said small-r "retire" rather than saying he simply "got out."

Especially since it mentions nothing about being medically retired I don't think it's a crazy assumption to read between the lines and chalk it up to poor editing...especially when it explicitly explains it in the article.

Technically speaking a medical discharge isn't retirement either.

Reagans Rascals
01-03-12, 16:43
technically speaking, this battle of semantics is asinine.

The article stated retirement, it also listed injuries sustained.

Therefore I asked a question as to the validity of the statement that he retired.

He did not retire, he chose to ETS in attempts to save his marriage.

He does not continue to draw benefits, therefore he did not retire. That's all.

Reading between the lines, could very well lead someone to conclude after being shot multiple times and encountering 6 IED blasts, he could have been medically retired, in which he was permanently disabled and therefore awarded benefits for life, just as with regular retirement with exception of pay rate, not just a med discharge.

Grizzly16
01-03-12, 16:44

The article is from the dailymail. I'm suprised they could spell gun correctly. Much less the "fine" details of someone leaving the service.

Gutshot John
01-03-12, 16:45
technically speaking, this battle of semantics is asinine.

Well we agree on something which is why I'm curious that you made such a big deal about it especially when the article made it pretty clear what the situation was.

Now back to the thread.

The_War_Wagon
01-03-12, 17:16
It's a shame kids aren't reading about men like him & Carlos Hathcock in their history books, instead of learning how to put condoms on bananas, and reading, "Tommy has 2 mommies," & similar crap. :rolleyes: Every boy in America oughta be chomping at the bit to be marksmen like HIM.

TurretGunner
01-03-12, 17:51
Anyone who kill that many enemies, deserves AT LEAST the Navy Cross. We should be celebrating this HERO and he should be taken care of for the rest of his life.

Think how many Men he has probably saved from IED attacks and ambushes. How many Haji's though twice before shooting a rpg thinking he might be waiting for him........

Hope this fine Seaman is doing well in life.

SeriousStudent
01-03-12, 18:17
I am constantly humbled by the valor of our warriors.

Doc, thanks for the link to the article. I have the book on pre-order from Amazon.

Trajan
01-03-12, 18:19
Truly a bad ass.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/meet_the_big_shot_BxlVpxzQijkC9mwZcmwkrN

Moose-Knuckle
01-04-12, 02:19
Outstanding!
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb258.gif