PDA

View Full Version : Two other new blade additions worthy of pictures

Denali
01-03-12, 15:32
I just obtained these two knives, the first a Microtech "Combat Troodon" with an action and blade to match it's hefty price tag. It's a beautiful OTF, though contrary to it's advertising hype, it's not an appropriate companion in a combat zone.

The other is in my opinion, the finest Italian stiletto I've ever handled for under $200.00. It's a beautifully crafted AGA Campolin "black linen micarta automatic lockback," totally superior to any of the Frank B. crap circulating the markets. It's heft is wonderful, the blade actually has an edge, and is quite substantial, fit & finish are superb even though it still uses rivets as fasteners#they've been rounded and dehorned#. The only real drawback to this little 9" Italian beauty being it's relatively slow action, a result of it's thickness. At just $114.00 plus shipping, it is a hell of a bargain, an Italian lockback stiletto you can actually EDC and use...

Denali
01-03-12, 16:01
Additional images comparing the 9" Campolin to a 9" Frank B. automatic. I wish you could feel the two of these knives for comparison, the Campolin has far more heft, and a much superior lock-up to the Frank B. Blades are just no comparison, which is of interest considering that the Frank B. cost only $10.00 less...