PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of using a suppressed handgun for HD. (video)

Fireman1291
01-03-12, 18:01
I'll do a muzzle flash night demo if this gets enough interest. Read the description under the video on youtube.

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2GchQ3orB0

Eurodriver
01-03-12, 18:30
How was the .45 unsuppressed dry? Painful?

P.S. It has been COLD AS HELL lately, whats up with that? 82 degree Christmas and now its pushing freezing!

Fireman1291
01-03-12, 18:38
How was the .45 unsuppressed dry? Painful?

P.S. It has been COLD AS HELL lately, whats up with that? 82 degree Christmas and now its pushing freezing!

The 45 was actually fine. The 9mm tone/pitch was high and hurt.:fie:

SteveL
01-03-12, 18:48
The 45 was actually fine. The 9mm tone/pitch was high and hurt.:fie:

It sounded like the smoke detector was worse than any of the pistols. I'd be interested in seeing the other video you mentioned making as well.

ETA: Good plug for KAC with the hoodie. Also I'm a firefighter myself and I would crack up if I rolled up to someone's house who set off the smoke detector shooting suppressed weapons inside. I might not leave until I got to fire a few rounds myself.

Fireman1291
01-03-12, 19:29
It sounded like the smoke detector was worse than any of the pistols. I'd be interested in seeing the other video you mentioned making as well.

ETA: Good plug for KAC with the hoodie. Also I'm a firefighter myself and I would crack up if I rolled up to someone's house who set off the smoke detector shooting suppressed weapons inside. I might not leave until I got to fire a few rounds myself.

Send me a PM if you ever make it down to Tampa brother. We can hit up a range. ;)

And yeah, I didn't even think about the smoke detectors. Hahaha

SteveL
01-03-12, 20:15
Send me a PM if you ever make it down to Tampa brother. We can hit up a range. ;)

And yeah, I didn't even think about the smoke detectors. Hahaha

I definitely will, and I wouldn't have thought about them either.

Lawmaker
01-03-12, 22:30
Nice video. Would like to see the night video.

Fireman1291
01-04-12, 07:32
Nice video. Would like to see the night video.

When I get to 1,000 likes I'll do the night video. I'll setup some neat camera angles and try to make it as educational as possible.:)

Quiet Riot
01-04-12, 08:26
This is a great video. It will be a useful tool for dispelling the myth that a suppressor makes you a silent killer.

SOWT
01-04-12, 11:09
Nice video, hope you get your 1000 likes so we can get a night video.

So, do you practice clearing your house?

Fireman1291
01-04-12, 11:31
Nice video, hope you get your 1000 likes so we can get a night video.

So, do you practice clearing your house?

No. That would be a mistake when I can have the upper hand and ambush. In a HD situation its better to let the threat come to you. The only exception would be to protet children in another part of the house, however, we don't have kids yet. My tactics will change as nessessary.

SOWT
01-04-12, 19:42
No. That would be a mistake when I can have the upper hand and ambush. In a HD situation its better to let the threat come to you. The only exception would be to protet children in another part of the house, however, we don't have kids yet. My tactics will change as nessessary.

Good, we have a problem with meth addicts squeezing through doggie doors, so I come investigate if I hear the door flapping in the middle of the night. Wife moves into the hallway to safeguard kids and I investigate.

So far the only invaders were a family of opossums.

Quiet Riot
01-04-12, 20:18
Good, we have a problem with meth addicts squeezing through doggie doors, so I come investigate if I hear the door flapping in the middle of the night. Wife moves into the hallway to safeguard kids and I investigate.

So far the only invaders were a family of opossums.

Well, I think possums are covered under the castle doctrine. You'll be OK as long as you shout "It's coming right for us!" before you shoot.
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/149674/its-coming-right-for-us

hec912
01-05-12, 03:17
I would love the smell of gun powder in my house too

levi333
01-05-12, 09:58
I've been thinking about using my suppressed M&P9 for my bedside gun, but my only hesitation is sometimes there is some "blowback" and I get stuff in my face/eyes if I'm not wearing glasses. I think I'd rather be temporarily deaf than blinded.

Fireman1291
01-07-12, 16:33
I've been thinking about using my suppressed M&P9 for my bedside gun, but my only hesitation is sometimes there is some "blowback" and I get stuff in my face/eyes if I'm not wearing glasses. I think I'd rather be temporarily deaf than blinded.

It depends on the ammo. The winclean is the worst for blowback.

Dave_M
01-11-12, 00:55
It sounded like the smoke detector was worse than any of the pistols.

I don't mean to piss in your Wheaties too much -but- microphones on video cameras aren't really the best indicators on how loud a particular gunshot will appear to your ears. I, for one, can tell little difference between the report of a suppressed or unsuppressed shot (pistol or rifle) when on a video but in --real time-- can definitely tell the difference.

Notably, this is also why suppressor companies use calibrated instruments instead of $20 radio shack shit to determine the sound reduction capabilities of their stuff.

In short: Video cameras have microphones most suited to record the range of human voices-- they are most certainly not the best medium to determine how loud a suppressed pistol or artillery blast is nor how loud AC/DC plays in concert.

markm
01-11-12, 07:31
I don't mean to piss in your Wheaties too much -but- microphones on video cameras aren't really the best indicators on how loud a particular gunshot will appear to your ears.

This for sure. We've filmed magnificent tannerite explosions of pumkins and stuff that were only mildly amusing on video due to the lack of thump.

Iraqgunz
01-11-12, 16:26
I don't know why this is a groundbreaking development. It's fairly obvious that a good can and ammo will lower the sound quite a bit.

My G19 with Tundra was pretty quiet, especially with 147gr. subsonic. I still reach for the suppressed SBR before anything.

SteveL
01-11-12, 18:18
I don't mean to piss in your Wheaties too much -but- microphones on video cameras aren't really the best indicators on how loud a particular gunshot will appear to your ears. I, for one, can tell little difference between the report of a suppressed or unsuppressed shot (pistol or rifle) when on a video but in --real time-- can definitely tell the difference.

Notably, this is also why suppressor companies use calibrated instruments instead of $20 radio shack shit to determine the sound reduction capabilities of their stuff.

In short: Video cameras have microphones most suited to record the range of human voices-- they are most certainly not the best medium to determine how loud a suppressed pistol or artillery blast is nor how loud AC/DC plays in concert.

You can piss in the Wheaties all you want. I don't eat them anyway. ;)

As for the rest of your post, I'm sure you bring up a valid point.

Pappabear
01-12-12, 03:24
Now I'm hungry for wheaties, shit. I did like the video for shits and grins. On your next video, wear a FrogLube hoodie and Gunz will be a little more nicer- a little .:D