PDA

View Full Version : Real or Fake Jarvis barrel for Glock 21

bigguy1305
01-05-12, 05:48
Hi.
I bought a "supposed" Jarvis barrel for my Glock 21. I wanted to know if it's an authentic Jarvis barrel.

hec912
01-05-12, 06:01
Ouch needs a good polish btw ive seen some Jarvis have its ingraving on top

bigguy1305
01-05-12, 06:08
I spoke with the owner of Jarvis and he told me that they normally do put there names on it but he also told me some people polish it off. Also he told me there barrels are right hand twist. Sorry for my lack of knowledge but what side does this twist go?

mkmckinley
01-05-12, 06:22
Right twist is clockwise, your barrel looks like it has left twist to me.

bigguy1305
01-05-12, 14:03
so if this is not a jarvis, because they only make right hand twist barrels for glock. what brand is this?

Reagans Rascals
01-05-12, 14:14
Lone Wolf or Dragon maybe?

bigguy1305
01-20-12, 14:14
so guys here's an update. the seller does not want to refund (APNF128) my money so i'm stuck with this piece of who knows what. if anybody is interesting i'm gonna sell it name your price and i'll think about it or we can trade for glock 21 mags hi cap. let me know.

QuietShootr
01-20-12, 14:51
If someone sold you that barrel as a Jarvis and won't refund your money, they're a turd.

bigguy1305
01-20-12, 14:57
If someone sold you that barrel as a Jarvis and won't refund your money, they're a turd.

u know what hurts me the most the guy has 115 pos feedback in calguns. he's been trying to sell this item for more than 3 months. think he doesn't want it back because he doesn't want the hassle of selling it again. this is his user name over there APNF128

Jaysop
01-20-12, 15:13

They're a f@*king thief, That always scares me if I want to buy something off the EE thats like $500. No guarantee you wont get screwed.

bigguy1305
01-20-12, 15:18
They're a f@*king thief, That always scares me if I want to buy something off the EE thats like $500. No guarantee you wont get screwed.

i also don't like to buy stuff off forums but sometimes u get lucky and find a descent seller and get good stuff.

there was a time i didn't buy from forums because of two transactions that i sent the money but never got the items. i lost $700 on both but that was like 4 maybe more years ago. i had paypal cancel both accounts and they won't be able to use the bank account or credit card they had on file.

the problem with this one is when u send payment as gift you can't file a claim. so i lost on that and didn't know this information. so i'm selling this barrel to who ever gives me a good price for it or we can trade for glock 21 hi cap mags.

QuietShootr
01-20-12, 15:21

I'm pretty particular about who and where I buy from, so I'm still really waiting for my first big screwing. I think the $10-$500 range is probably the most risky, because it's enough that someone might try to screw you but not enough that most people would drive more than a couple of hours to get it back...and it's not enough money to interest the cops.

I bought a high-ticket item a while back that I negotiated down quite a bit with CASH - not MO, not Certified check, cash. I Fedex overnighted a bundle of hundreds and slept like a baby that night, because I had Dude's address (checked it out on Google Earth before I sent the money, even) and if he'd even made a noise like he was going to **** me I would have been on his doorstep two states away in six hours or less. But - the forum I bought from is full of people who have been known to TCB locally if someone ****s a member on a deal.

Know your seller, or at least know a bunch of people who know him.

QuietShootr
01-20-12, 15:22
u know what hurts me the most the guy has 115 pos feedback in calguns. he's been trying to sell this item for more than 3 months. think he doesn't want it back because he doesn't want the hassle of selling it again. this is his user name over there APNF128

Depending on how you paid for it or how he shipped it, you might let him know about mail fraud. If you can get postal inspectors interested they can be very nasty folks.

Jaysop
01-20-12, 15:58
I didn't want to say it but yea... Ive thought about making a trip to get it back if I got screwed. But you never know how that might end...

Is there a fool proof way to use pay pal and be covered? Or any other payment method using a forum EE?

For example Ive been considering buying a 4moa t1 when people start dumping them. Thatll probably cost around $500.

How do I go about using paypal in a way to cover my ass? Most of my experience with paypal is threw ebay and therefore covered threw them.

OP this may seem like a derail but I figure this could help out someone else(including myself) from getting screwed.

bigguy1305
01-20-12, 16:03
I didn't want to say it but yea... Ive thought about making a trip to get it back if I got screwed. But you never know how that might end...

Is there a fool proof way to use pay pal and be covered? Or any other payment method using a forum EE?

For example Ive been considering buying a 4moa t1 when people start dumping them. Thatll probably cost around $500.

How do I go about using paypal in a way to cover my ass? Most of my experience with paypal is threw ebay and therefore covered threw them.

OP this may seem like a derail but I figure this could help out someone else(including myself) from getting screwed.

i'm with u on ebay. i feel totally safe with them. i never had any problems and if i did they always get resolved. i've been using ebay for 7 years and i'm happy with it. i just wish they would less gun restrictions.

if i don't sell this barrel in a month i'll be posting it on ebay.

Suwannee Tim
01-20-12, 18:31
...... No guarantee you wont get screwed.

I have. Win a few, loose a few.

QuietShootr
01-20-12, 18:32
**** paypal and their anti-gun asses.

If you do **** up and don't listen to me and wind up using Paypal, go open a checking account at a totally different bank from your normal one, get a Visa debit card, and use that for Paypal only - and keep the account EMPTY until you're about to buy something. That's the only way I can come up with to keep Paypal from really ****ing your shit up if you get in a dispute with them. Plus if they find out you bought guns or gun shit with it, you could lose your money anyway. Ask me how I know - it only cost me about $140 to learn that lesson.

I paid for it, you use it.

Now, I send and accept postal money orders only (this last deal excepted). That way, if someone ****s up, you can get the USPS on their ass tout de suite.

CANDERSEN
01-20-12, 18:33
Try shooting it for accuracy - maybe you will be pleasantly surprised.....you never know.

Suwannee Tim
01-20-12, 18:36
.....go open a checking account at a totally different bank from your normal one, get a Visa debit card, and use that for Paypal only - and keep the account EMPTY until you're about to buy something......
That's what I did. Opened a new account just for PP. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give ANYONE access to your main checking account(s) and this goes triple for PP. I don't trust PP as far as I can throw them. If you start reading PP horror stories you can't read them as fast as they are posted. I disagree about the debit card though. I use an Amex and they will stand by their customer, which ain't PP, it's me.

....If you can get postal inspectors interested.....

That's a really, really big if.

Try shooting it for accuracy - maybe you will be pleasantly surprised.....you never know.

There you go. Why get all boogered up when you haven't even shot it?