PDA

View Full Version : Richmond, Va NFA trust Lawyer?

Ohdoom
01-05-12, 11:23
I would like to find someone local who is reputable in NFA trusts. I am also considering using David Goldman & Associates - Jacksonville Florida Gun Trust Lawyer. Does anyone have opinions or testimony they could share either way? Goldman has supposedly done thousands of trusts for NFA purposes.

Thanks

DeltaSierra
01-05-12, 12:25
Goldman is good to go.

If you have the option of getting your trust done through the Apple Law Firm (Goldman's firm) I would highly recommend that you go that route, as it is guaranteed to be done right, and if you happen to run into any issues they will always be there.

veeklog
01-08-12, 11:11
Goldman is good to go.

If you have the option of getting your trust done through the Apple Law Firm (Goldman's firm) I would highly recommend that you go that route, as it is guaranteed to be done right, and if you happen to run into any issues they will always be there.

+1 on Goldman and Apple Law Firm. They just completed my trust last week, and the NFA language was perfect. Price was very reasonable also.

billybronco
01-09-12, 20:09
another big plus here.

he has a satellite firm that he works with in most cities.

solid dude.

the attorney here in Richmond is a bit of a schmuck but David is VERY receptive and easy to reach.

he actually contacted my examiner when there was an issue with my form 4. well, "perceived" issue.

buy w/ confidence.

hell, my Pop and I split the cost and we're both on the trust.

ccosby
01-09-12, 23:35
TOS has a few threads on Va trusts lawyers and they listed a few near the Richmond area. Its worth searching that site for some info. I'm in Henrico and went with Mr. Marx out of Norfolk as he was one that was recommended. I drove down personally to get it done but I know it can be done with a few emails and phone calls.

http://www.millermarx.com/Attorneys/Howard-J-Marx.shtml

sl4mdaddy
01-10-12, 09:14
David Browne is a member here and works in Richmond.

I believe his site name is dbrowne1.

vcpk9
04-02-12, 21:07
I hired Mark Matthews for a gun trust. He specializes in NFA Law and is great guy deal with.
http://www.thematthewslawgroup.com/

Arsenal Gun Trusts
04-06-12, 11:44
[this was a repeat post, please see below]

Arsenal Gun Trusts
04-06-12, 11:49
I'm a Virginia attorney specializing in NFA gun trusts, and my firm serves several states. I wanted to share a link to my website here: www.arsenalattorneys.com (http://arsenalattorneys.com) or www.arsenalguntrusts.com (http://ArsenalGunTrusts.com).
At the site I have some informational materials to help you decide whether to use a trust and how to find an attorney.

I serve the entire state of Virginia. I exhibit at many of the gun shows, including both Richmond Shows, Chantilly, Hampton, and Fredericksburg.

Thank you.

MrSmitty
04-06-12, 14:42
Goldman is good to go.

+1 for Goldman. He put me in contact with one of his colleagues in PA after another attorney prepared a piece of shit trust for me and left me hanging. Goldman and his colleague we're very quick to respond to emails and very knowledgeable/helpful.

Arsenal Gun Trusts
04-06-12, 15:08
Mr Smitty raises a good point. I'm often contacted by people wishing to transfer personally owned NFA guns, or NFA guns owned through a flawed trust, to a new trust. In either case, it's another $200 in taxes for each gun transfer.

Most people do so anyway because they know the benefits of a properly drafted gun trust and the protection it affords them and their loved ones is worth that cost.

Of course it's best to choose a solution and a qualified, licensed attorney who will provide you a good product in the first place. Ask your attorney if they have experience with gun law, and whether they provide a trust specifically designed for gun ownership.

www.ArsenalGunTrusts.com (http://ArsenalGunTrusts.com)

roland.g.breden
04-08-12, 11:17
Thats what I'd did. Went to guntrustlawyer.com and they referred me to their lawyer here in va. Worth ever penny to know it was legal.

Fenix1442
04-08-12, 11:34
Goldman and his group is great and very easy to deal with. After coming back from the stan I got my trust done and if you are mil you will get a great discount.

Through him it was a stupid simple. Now the waiting game is the painful part on BATFE to process the paper work.

roland.g.breden
04-08-12, 11:37
Didn't know about the .mil, guess I should have asked. Still waiting on the form 1 to return.

Fenix1442
04-08-12, 12:02
I know it might seem lame to always ask if a business grants a mil discount. I was told by an old head in the gunner career that most businesses enjoy giving them out to show their appreciation for any mil member.

So I don't sweat it when I ask because I know I have earned the right to ask in the first place as long I'm not a jerk about it,lol. With most gun makers I have saved enough on the discount to cover my tax stamp.