PDA

View Full Version : Good Revolver Gunsmith for Model 10 Work?

sundance435
01-05-12, 18:45
I've always wanted a Model 10 round butt snub for a carry alternative. I want 6 rounds, and Model 10's just seem more robust and supportable than a Colt revolver.

But I digress...So I've been thinking of getting one of the Model 10 trade-ins that are floating around right now and sending it to a good smith for re-springing, refinishing, trigger job, etc.

My problem is the barrel. Does anyone know of a source for new/like new K fram snub barrels? Will any K frame snub barrel work, or do I need a specific one?

Finally, what gunsmith would you recommend for all of this?

Thanks in advance

Hersh
01-05-12, 20:48
One of my friends used Mike Carmoney and is really happy with his work. I couldn't find a website for him, but here's a page on the Enos' forum
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57098

Hth

Timbonez
01-05-12, 21:13
As an alternative for finding a new snub barrel, you can always get the original cut down. If you're going to send it in for custom work, this should be a modification that a smith can do for you.

Mr. Smith
01-05-12, 21:16
I can help you if you would like just send me a e-mail.

DocH
01-05-12, 23:00
I've always wanted a Model 10 round butt snub for a carry alternative. I want 6 rounds, and Model 10's just seem more robust and supportable than a Colt revolver.

But I digress...So I've been thinking of getting one of the Model 10 trade-ins that are floating around right now and sending it to a good smith for re-springing, refinishing, trigger job, etc.

My problem is the barrel. Does anyone know of a source for new/like new K fram snub barrels? Will any K frame snub barrel work, or do I need a specific one?

Thanks in advance Small world.I love 'em too. Ironically I picked one up at a pawn shop day before yesterday. Blued in excellant condition. I have a local guy that does mine.I'll get the hammer bobbed and slick up the action and paint the front ramp with luminous paint. I'd rather carry and shoot one than any J frame.
The round butts are scarce around these parts, People tend to keep them. Got lucky.

DocH
01-05-12, 23:02

Thanks in advance Small world.I love 'em too. Ironically I picked one up at a pawn shop day before yesterday. Blued in excellant condition. I have a local guy that does mine.I'll get the hammer bobbed and slick up the action and paint the front ramp with luminous paint. I rather carry and shoot one than any J frame.
The round butts are scarce around these parts. People tend to keep them. Got lucky.These guns are hard to beat in the clinch.Mine is an original two inch.

Hizzie
01-06-12, 20:43
My 642 was worked over by Don Williams of The Action Works. Very happy with it.

Ozzy
01-06-12, 20:58
Unfortunately, I have not been able to send any of my Smith's to Mr Smith....YET. But from what I have seen and heard, I don't think you will find a better smith to send it to.