PDA

View Full Version : Gen4 Glock 22 mag question

Doc Safari
01-06-12, 09:11
Those of you who bought a Gen 4 Glock 22 noticed that the mag has been redesigned with cutouts on both sides for the ability to flip the mag release to left-handed and use the same mags.

These mags fit my mag well pretty tight. Even though they drop free, I'm a little concerned there could be an issue with some dirt in the mag well.

Gen 3 G22 mags seem to be less expensive by a few bucks at various outlets, so I'd rather buy them than the newfangled Gen4 mags.

Those of you with a Gen4 G22, have you tried using Gen3 mags in it, and did they work okay?

(Of course you can't if you swapped the mag release to left-handed).

Quentin
01-06-12, 17:40
Well Glock says they will and I've found older mags work fine in my Gen4 G23. I have a few Gen 4 G22 mags that work well in my Gen2 G22, Gen3 G27 and Gen4 G23 so I've only been buying Gen 4 mags now but I'm sure you can get away with "Gen3s" in your new Glock if you'll never flip the mag release.

davidz71
01-06-12, 22:58
I bought a Gen. 4 Mdl. 22 Glock last April after going through a Glock Instructor Workshop and Glock Armorer school. We have plenty of Gen. 3 mags in our armory and i've tried a few in my Gen. 4 with complete satisfaction. I'm right handed so the mags worked fine.

mattw82
01-07-12, 19:57
To back up what was said above, I have a Gen 4 G23 and use two Gen 3 G22 magazines regularly with no problem