PDA

View Full Version : please remove

devildogljb
01-06-12, 15:28
please remove

Grizzly16
01-06-12, 15:47
What state? They vary from place to place on what is justified. The last I heard here in Arkansas if they are in your house (including proches and driveways recently) and you have asked them to leave, they refuse and you feel threatened it is ok to defend yourself with deadly force. Even if you can not see a weapon.

devildogljb
01-06-12, 15:52
What state? They vary from place to place on what is justified. The last I heard here in Arkansas if they are in your house (including proches and driveways recently) and you have asked them to leave, they refuse and you feel threatened it is ok to defend yourself with deadly force. Even if you can not see a weapon.

I just moved to TN a few months ago

Mauser KAR98K
01-06-12, 16:03
I just moved to TN a few months ago

I live in TN as well, and from what I remember of my carry course, you can't draw down on someone outside of your house while they are stealing things. (Doesn't mean you can't have your firearm on you). Now if they start making aggressive movements when you confront them and tell them the police are on their way, draw down on them.

As for the house: they guy is inside, at night, unauthorized, and is refusing to leave. If you are armed and he begins to charge at you, do what you need to do to stop him from hurting you, or worse, taking your weapon.

You must have reasonable fear that great bodily harm will happen to you, or others. Stolen or broken property does not count, including your dear dog. (Course, if someone unprovoked hurt one of my dogs, they get an instant draw down from me, and a quick call to 911).

Iraqgunz
01-06-12, 16:10
To be quite honest do you want to rely on information posted here for such a serious matter?

You should do a search at the library about Tennessee laws.

devildogljb
01-06-12, 16:10
I live in TN as well, and from what I remember of my carry course, you can't draw down on someone outside of your house while they are stealing things. (Doesn't mean you can't have your firearm on you). Now if they start making aggressive movements when you confront them and tell them the police are on their way, draw down on them.

As for the house: they guy is inside, at night, unauthorized, and is refusing to leave. If you are armed and he begins to charge at you, do what you need to do to stop him from hurting you, or worse, taking your weapon.

You must have reasonable fear that great bodily harm will happen to you, or others. Stolen or broken property does not count, including your dear dog. (Course, if someone unprovoked hurt one of my dogs, they get an instant draw down from me, and a quick call to 911).

Now what if they dont charge and just stand there, i know im thinking way out of the box. But i just dont want to be caught with my pants down so to speak and it bites me in the ass later on because i was too stupid to ask

Mauser KAR98K
01-06-12, 19:33
Now what if they dont charge and just stand there, i know im thinking way out of the box. But i just dont want to be caught with my pants down so to speak and it bites me in the ass later on because i was too stupid to ask

Hopefully by that time, or before you have a phone and dialed 911. If not, I'm not sure what I'd. Weird stuff and people on weird substances around these parts make for interesting incidents.