PDA

View Full Version : Americans Buy 10,000,000+ Guns In 2011...

SteyrAUG
01-06-12, 19:45
http://www.ammoland.com/2012/01/04/free-americans-buy-10800000-guns-in-2011-dont-f-with-usa/

Law abiding Americans now easily qualify as the most heavily armed population in the world.

The final number, of 10,800,000, is considered conservative by experts because the this number does not account for the multiple purchase of guns at the same time or the guns bought and sold legally, person to person by US residents, which rightly so, do not require a back ground check.

The_War_Wagon
01-06-12, 19:49
Geez... you'd think the country was in the crapper, and didn't trust their elected 'betters' or some such! :rolleyes:

Moose-Knuckle
01-06-12, 21:55
With 2012 being an election year (remember '08?), current events, Mayan calander, et al. people are going to be buying up ammo, guns, lowers, BCG, mags and the like.

Grant had a thread a while back about how he seeing shortages and high volume of product movement.

This is a clue. . .

montanadave
01-06-12, 22:40
Let's see. Ten million firearms. Approximately 312 million folks in the US of A.

As best I can recollect, I bought 2 rifles, 2 revolvers, and 6 pistols.

I shall sleep soundly tonight knowing I have done my share... and then some. :laugh:

Mauser KAR98K
01-06-12, 22:54
Count me as one of those firearm sales. This year: going to be 2, with a lower and upper as well.

GeorgiaBoy
01-07-12, 10:08
I would be more interested in how many NEW gun owners have been created the last 4 or 5 years. 10 million guns may have been sold, but there are over 90 million gun owners. Only a 1/9th of gun owners bought new guns technically.

chadbag
01-07-12, 13:00
Gun Laws: 2012

http://blackwaterusa.com/2012/01/gun-laws-2012/

----

Heavy Metal
01-07-12, 13:36
I would be more interested in how many NEW gun owners have been created the last 4 or 5 years. 10 million guns may have been sold, but there are over 90 million gun owners. Only a 1/9th of gun owners bought new guns technically.

You mean their are an estimated 90 million Gun Owners based on surveys where a sampling of the population ADMITS to a phone interviewer they own guns.

I suspect that number is LOW for obvious reasons. Plus, remember, children don't count and they are a third of the population.

GeorgiaBoy
01-07-12, 17:29
You mean their are an estimated 90 million Gun Owners based on surveys where a sampling of the population ADMITS to a phone interviewer they own guns.

I suspect that number is LOW for obvious reasons. Plus, remember, children don't count and they are a third of the population.

Which may mean only a 1/12th or less of gun owners bought new guns.

SteyrAUG
01-07-12, 18:04
Which may mean only a 1/12th or less of gun owners bought new guns.

Honestly, I don't think it is all that important if the buyers were existing or new gun buyers. The important thing is Congress will see 10 million gun buyers in 2011 and just might think twice about it.

Some will be new gun owners, some will be existing gun owners, and because we don't track that kind of information we will thankfully never know for sure.

willowofwisp
01-07-12, 18:39
I did my part.

Doc Safari
01-07-12, 19:08
It's obvious that all of these people are buying up all these guns so they can donate them to the UN. :jester:

Voodoo_Man
01-07-12, 19:44
I did my part.

me 2.

GeorgiaBoy
01-07-12, 19:51
Honestly, I don't think it is all that important if the buyers were existing or new gun buyers. The important thing is Congress will see 10 million gun buyers in 2011 and just might think twice about it.

Some will be new gun owners, some will be existing gun owners, and because we don't track that kind of information we will thankfully never know for sure.

Its absolutely important that congress sees that there have been more guns sold last year than ever before. However, thought its impossible to know, it would still interest me more to know how many people, previously non gun-owners for whatever reason, have decided to become a owner in the past several years. Though they may only buy a revolver or a shotgun and shoot it once a year, they still are armed now and they weren't before.

Sure, new gun owners are created every year with no connection at all to politics. 18 and 21 year olds buying their "first" personal rifle or pistol, though they may have had ones before, probably make up a substantial part of that number. But how many new gun owners are buying guns connected directly to recent politics is what I want to know.

Nightvisionary
01-07-12, 19:51
Im sure those numbers are skewed. Every time a gun is pawned the owner has to undergo a new background check on the gun he already owns when he pays back the loan.

With the economy the way it is Im sure a whole lot of people are pawning guns and everything else these days to make ends meet.

Hmac
01-07-12, 20:28
Im sure those numbers are skewed. Every time a gun is pawned the owner has to undergo a new background check on the gun he already owns when he pays back the loan.

With the economy the way it is Im sure a whole lot of people are pawning guns and everything else these days to make ends meet.

Yeh. I gave a Super Blackhawk hunting pistol to my LGS to try to sell on consignment, display in shop, drag around to gun shows, etc. He had to put it on his books, so I had to get a NICS check and fill out a 4473 to get it back.

SteyrAUG
01-07-12, 22:41
it would still interest me more to know how many people, previously non gun-owners for whatever reason, have decided to become a owner in the past several years.

Sure it would be interesting to know, but I'm sure we are both happier that there is no way to know because the government doesn't have the means to track such specific information.

recon
01-09-12, 22:29
With 2012 being an election year (remember '08?), current events, Mayan calander, et al. people are going to be buying up ammo, guns, lowers, BCG, mags and the like.

Grant had a thread a while back about how he seeing shortages and high volume of product movement.

This is a clue. . .

Agree! Prices will probably go up again as we get closer to the end of the year.

markm
01-10-12, 07:49
How do these numbers stack up against Ali Bama's guns for Cartels program???

RogerinTPA
01-10-12, 08:59
That's great news to hear. People are starting to get a clue. Let's see how much more the numbers increase as we approach election day this fall.

Dave L.
01-10-12, 08:59
How do these numbers stack up against Ali Bama's guns for Cartels program???

Hey, that's not fair. Cartel sales would have been higher but they had to also had to launder all that money for them. (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01/09/us-agents-helped-mexican-and-colombian-drug-traffickers-launder-millions-report/)

markm
01-10-12, 10:30
If Ali Bama didn't get caught selling guns to Drug Cartels (and thus have to shut the program down), he could have claimed that many more gun industry and retail jobs "saved or created"....

Spiffums
01-11-12, 16:30
Let's see. Ten million firearms. Approximately 312 million folks in the US of A.

As best I can recollect, I bought 2 rifles, 2 revolvers, and 6 pistols.

I shall sleep soundly tonight knowing I have done my share... and then some. :laugh:

i didn't get any Revolvers :mad::( but I got 1 more semi :lol: