PDA

View Full Version : Remington Military M24 rebuild/recapitalization program!!!

J_Dub_503
01-07-12, 01:08
Sorry but I don't have enough posts to put this in General Discussion.

I found this (http://www.defensereview.com/remington-military-rebuildingrefurbishing-u-s-military-sniper-used-m24-sniper-weapon-system-sniper-rifles-for-non-military-sale-very-interesting/)on Defense Review.

Raffle (http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/M24-Raffle-Flyer-01-05-12.pdf)

Flyer (http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/M24-Sales-Flyer-01-05-12.pdf)

Reserved for MIL/LEO

mkmckinley
01-07-12, 01:36
That's a pretty cool program. I wonder how interested people will be when they hear about this. The Fisher House benefit is a great deal for the charity and anyone who wants a no shit sniper rifle.

J_Dub_503
01-07-12, 02:00
Considering that there will be less than 2,000 and that it's reserved to mil/leo, I think they will go fast....even if they are bought just to resell to civilians.

austinN4
01-07-12, 05:12
Raffle (http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/M24-Raffle-Flyer-01-05-12.pdf)

Does anyone have any idea where or how to actually buy raffle tickets? It wasn't clear to me from the raffle flyer.

KalashniKEV
01-07-12, 08:08
If demand from these three groups does not consume the available quantities by mid-summer, the systems will next be offered to Federal agents and then to State and local law enforcement officers.

So a cop becomes eligible before a separated vet?

They need to amend their Priority 3 criteria...

gsxr-fan
01-07-12, 11:04
Having served at Ft. Bragg for about 8 years, I'm all in on this. Will give a call to the Fisher House for more details on buying the raffle tickets.

Fisher House Contact Information
•Monday thru Friday – Manager: 910-432-1486
•Fax: 910-432-3825
•After Duty Hours – Staff Duty: 910-907-6000
•Email Contact: FHWAMC@AOL.COM

SOWT
01-07-12, 12:20
I think my wife needs one of these:dance3:

J_Dub_503
01-07-12, 13:40
Does anyone have any idea where or how to actually buy raffle tickets? It wasn't clear to me from the raffle flyer.

Instructions for purchasing one of these M24s can be found at www.remingtondefense.com starting in mid-January 2012.
Not sure if that has anything to do with the raffle though.

This was stated near the bottom of the article I linked here (http://www.defensereview.com/remington-military-rebuildingrefurbishing-u-s-military-sniper-used-m24-sniper-weapon-system-sniper-rifles-for-non-military-sale-very-interesting/).

eternal24k
01-07-12, 13:43

I am trying to figure this out myself

Vasque16
01-07-12, 14:09
Would like to find out how to help a worhty cause and have a chance at winning the rifle too

austinN4
01-08-12, 21:12
Instructions for purchasing one of these M24s can be found at www.remingtondefense.com starting in mid-January 2012. Not sure if that has anything to do with the raffle though.
Looks to me like raffle and purchase are different deals. If I read the purchase priorities correctly, as honerably discharged after 6 years, but not retired, I don't qualify. Bummer. I'll have to take my chances with the raffle if I can figure out how to buy the tickets.

gsxr-fan, if you call Fisher House as stated in your post please post instructions for purchasing raffle tickets. I am sure they have better things to do than field a bunch of calls so it would be good to kill multiple questions with one call. Thanks!

DMR
01-09-12, 11:28
Hum,

Need to talk to them at SHOT to see if they will cut me a deal. After all I wrote the ONs responsible for this happening:jester:

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-09-12, 11:39
:mad:So vets cant buy tickets and cops can WTF?

kmrtnsn
01-09-12, 13:00
Tickets will only be available at the Remington Defense booth at SHOT.

Shoot 1st
01-09-12, 13:12
Tickets will only be available at the Remington Defense booth at SHOT.

That really BLOWS!

Wake27
01-09-12, 14:24
So current service members can directly purchase? Did anyone see a price?

Shoot 1st
01-09-12, 17:35
The rumor of half of a new one has been thrown around, or possibly cheaper. Im thinking they will sell a few at a time, and only a certain tier will be allowed to purchase, that way it keeps interest high.

CGSteve
01-09-12, 22:07
Here are more links with some more details:

http://www.guns.com/remington-and-the-us-army-are-surplussing-and-raffling-off-4000-m24-sniper-rifles.html

http://www.defensereview.com/remington-military-rebuildingrefurbishing-u-s-military-sniper-used-m24-sniper-weapon-system-sniper-rifles-for-non-military-sale-very-interesting/

http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/M24-Sales-Flyer-01-05-12.pdf

IZinterrogator
01-12-12, 20:46
They would have made at least one hundred times as much money for Fisher House if they had opened the raffle to the public instead of SHOT Show attendees. Sorry Fisher House, you would have gotten a hundred bucks out of me, but unfortunately I'm not one of the "anointed ones" worthy of attendence because I'm just a mere Army NCO who uses the products displayed at SHOT professionally and recreationally. :mad:

Wake27: $3500 is the price. Sniper school grads get first crack for six months, then Active/Reserve/Guard currently serving, then retirees. If any are left over, then Federal LEOs and finally non-Fed LEOs.

Wake27
01-13-12, 07:21
They would have made at least one hundred times as much money for Fisher House if they had opened the raffle to the public instead of SHOT Show attendees. Sorry Fisher House, you would have gotten a hundred bucks out of me, but unfortunately I'm not one of the "anointed ones" worthy of attendence because I'm just a mere Army NCO who uses the products displayed at SHOT professionally and recreationally. :mad:

Wake27: $3500 is the price. Sniper school grads get first crack for six months, then Active/Reserve/Guard currently serving, then retirees. If any are left over, then Federal LEOs and finally non-Fed LEOs.

Thanks, I didn't see it but someone else knowledgeable on the industry also told me that was the price yesterday.

Alaskapopo
01-14-12, 23:53
So a cop becomes eligible before a separated vet?

They need to amend their Priority 3 criteria...

I think the idea is that an active duty cop can actually still use it on the job. Not so for a separated vet where it would just be a nice fun toy. A retired cop should not get priorty either. Of course I do know that a lot of cops would buy these for fun and not for work as well. Maybe they should require a letter stating the rifle is to be used for offical purposes. What burrs me is that the Feds get them before state and local even though we are the first responders.
pat

Pappabear
01-15-12, 09:52
I fondled an M24 with massive rail (no scope) yesterday. It was impressive. Heavy, nice ..kinda looked like it was made for the military :D

I really wanted to buy it, but $3,800 was a bit much. So I just went with another 5R clone. But in 300WM this time.

mkmckinley
01-15-12, 09:57
Any active duty military guys that want one would just be buying it for fun too. It's not like a guy could buy one and take it on deployment.

mkmckinley
01-15-12, 09:59
What burrs me is that the Feds get them before state and local even though we are the first responders.
pat

Are you saying you want one?

Alaskapopo
01-16-12, 03:04
Are you saying you want one?

Sure I want one but I can't afford it right now.
Pat

Boba Fett v2
12-11-13, 02:32
I heard about the program when it was first announced and had Remington send me all the info last year. My wife is the final approving authority and just green lit the acquisition. She agreed that it would be a sound investment and an heirloom to pass down to future generations. Questions for anyone who may have got one through the program, what was the turnaround time once you provided Remington with all the supporting documents for the purchase? Last I heard it was about 3 months? Since these are rebuilds, any issues you've run into with regards to the rifle and optics? And if so, has Remington been responsive with addressing the issues? Thanks.

scatsob
01-17-14, 20:53
I got mine in 3 months and I think that is a little better than average. Seems like 3-6 months depending on the number of orders or number produced in the time period of the order. As far as issues, I have not had any so I can't speak to resolve, however remington was quick to answer any questions I had through the process and after so I don't think it would be an issue.

I heard about the program when it was first announced and had Remington send me all the info last year. My wife is the final approving authority and just green lit the acquisition. She agreed that it would be a sound investment and an heirloom to pass down to future generations. Questions for anyone who may have got one through the program, what was the turnaround time once you provided Remington with all the supporting documents for the purchase? Last I heard it was about 3 months? Since these are rebuilds, any issues you've run into with regards to the rifle and optics? And if so, has Remington been responsive with addressing the issues? Thanks.