PDA

View Full Version : Somebody made a mistake.........

Caeser25
01-07-12, 07:32
The saga began when the teen ran away more than a year ago. Jakadrien’s family said she left home in November 2010. Houston police said the girl was arrested on April 2, 2011, for misdemeanor theft in that city and claimed to be Tika Lanay Cortez, a Colombian woman born in 1990. It was unclear if she has been living under that name.

Jakadrien’s family says they have no idea why she ended up in Colombia. Johnisa Turner said the girl is a U.S. citizen who was born in Dallas and was not fluent in Spanish. She said neither she nor the teen’s father had ties to Colombia. Jakadrien’s grandmother, Lorene Turner, called the deportation a “big mistake somebody made.”

Yeah, that would be your granddaughter, she ISN'T a victim moron :mad:. Quite frankly she shouldn't have been allowed back without going through some kind of huge ordeal to prove who she was, either that or she should be prosecuted for lying to authorities and given the maximum sentence.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/01/06/mom-texas-teen-deported-to-columbia-back-in-u-s/

pilotguyo540
01-07-12, 09:09
I would cut a stupid teenage girl a little slack. She sounds like she is going to do a fine job screwing up her life on her own.

I can hear the call in my head, "Daddy, I was deported to Columbia. Can you come pick me up?"

Hmac
01-07-12, 10:09
Arrested while shoplifting, gave a fake name, and didn't protest or recant the ID as she was being deported. As an addition to the saga, I read that the girl became pregnant while in Columbia, and the parents remarked that they had seen photos of her doing drugs down there.

Must be a great relief to have her back.

Honu
01-07-12, 10:13
Leave her there and start doing it to everyone who is caught doing crime and lies about who they are :)

Caeser25
01-07-12, 13:17
The way it was reported on the news this morning as a sob story, one Diane Sawyer would be proud of, is what irked me.

Dienekes
01-07-12, 13:42
Having processed MANY illegal aliens I can guarantee you that this little ditz lied through her teeth MULTIPLE times, stuck with her story, and knew exactly what she was doing. (Full disclosure--people lie a lot to Immigration.) Not only did she lie to US authorities, but she then lied to the Columbian consulate sufficiently well to have them issue her a Columbian travel document. Why they didn't pick up on her limited or nonexistent ability to speak Spanish is a good question, but maybe they never actually talked to her but did everything remotely. Nonetheless they should have caught on to her and didn't.

BTW this whole business of claiming illegality is an old dodge by ethnic criminals to get out of jail and deported/VR'd to Mexico/wherever and then walk back across as the USCs they are. Sort of a "get out of jail free" card, if you will.

Nothing is as it seems when it comes to immigration. Everybody lies, from the illegal alien to Congress and the President. Especially Congress and the President. :secret:

Gutshot John
01-07-12, 14:49
Another case of "play stupid games...win stupid prizes."

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-07-12, 15:17
I'm seeing a movie here. A rich, lefty, America hating socialite tries to get out of some petty crime (parking in a handicap spot) by saying she is actually an illegal. She gets her wish and is wisked off to a foriegn shit hole where her 'new' husband is less than a gentleman and she finds out that things in America aren't that bad.

And she ends up being saved by a priest from a Catholic church.

On the whole spanish thing, I was at car rental counter at LAX and a family from Latin America was there and they were being helped by and an black woman. They family spoke no English and the black woman spoke no spanish. The other desk help looked like she was Latina, so the family in desperation addressed her in Spanish, to which the black lady said- "Oh, she just looks like she speaks spanish." If a lack of English is not enough reason to suspect someone as illegal, a lack of Spanish shouldn't rule out Columbian citizanship.

Moose-Knuckle
01-07-12, 17:40
To bad she didn't get "lost" in the system.

Safetyhit
01-07-12, 17:57
We were better off with her "lost" in Columbia. If the family sues and gets so much as a dime it would be unconscionable.