PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon AccuPoint 5-20x50/Mil-Dot Questions

mkmckinley
01-07-12, 10:47
Anyone have a hands on with the new AccuPoint 5-20x50 Riflescope, with Mil-Dot reticle (http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TR23-2)? It looks like it could make a decent lower cost optic for a budget tactical rig as long as it's durable and the adjustments are repeatable. I have to wonder why they went with MOA knobs and the magnification range is a little high but it looks like the street price is well under $1000. If thee things measure up it'd be great to see MIL knobs and a 3-12x50. Any insiders know if Trijicon plans to expand this line further ie target knobs on other models, MIL knobs etc?

http://www.trijicon.com/images/product_additionals/TR23-2_45.jpg

RD62
01-07-12, 19:47
I am very interested to see what info you get on this.

I am hoping to pick-up an LMT MWS in the next couple of months and I think this could make a pretty nice optic for it, although like you I would like to see one in a 3-12 or 3-15 range with target knobs.

ST911
01-07-12, 20:23
Hmmmm... I'm seeing this on a varminting rig.

striped1
01-07-12, 21:08
I too am waiting to see what Trijicon does this year. It seems that they are being left behind in their scope line. Adjustable turrets on the whole accupoint line would be awesome as well as a 3-12

mkmckinley
01-07-12, 21:20
Yeah it seems like with a few very minor changes they could hit the nail on the head. The tactical scope market has been moving toward MIL/MIL knobs for awhile now and the most widely used range is 3-15x50 or so. If they already took the time to R&D a 5-20x50 w/ MOA knobs why not do that as well? It's kid of strange to me that they didn't do it in the first place. They could be great scopes that most people could actually afford assuming they're durable and the adjustments are repeatable. Trijicons track record on durability and overall quality is really good so I'm hoping they tailor their Accupoint line to the tactical shooter a little more.

RD62
01-08-12, 06:59
I did read a review in this scope on Snipers Hide and it was very favorable. They seemed to really like the optics. They said the adjustments were good and clicks positive. It seemed to be the only real complaint was that it didn't have as much elevation adjustment as they'd like but a 20moa base fixed it.