PDA

View Full Version : How to organize those holsters....

Lost River
01-07-12, 18:10
I was eyeballing the wife's shoe organizer a while back....

All Milt Sparks holsters,belts, etc in this organizer BTW, the other side of the closet has the kydex and other rigs in a separate organizer.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/IV_Troop/082-2.jpg

Just thought I would throw this out there for guys who still have cardboard boxes or drawers full of holsters that they have to empty every time to find the right rig.

:D

Steve S.
01-07-12, 18:34
Great idea. I'd have to win the battle for a closet off the wife first. It's straight turf warfare in my house.

SteveL
01-07-12, 18:47
LOL I always wondered what those clear organizer things were for. ;)

darr3239
01-07-12, 19:04
Make sure you don't hurt yourself with that sap! :sarcastic:

Lost River
01-07-12, 19:55
Make sure you don't hurt yourself with that sap! :sarcastic:

Note what is tucked up under my armpit, tucked into my kit..... :)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/IV_Troop/sanitizedIPmc.jpg

Lost River
01-07-12, 19:57
Doubletap

JSantoro
01-07-12, 22:52
Son of a.....hell yeah, NICE!

That's gonna free up an entire filing-cabinet drawer, for me.

Evil Colt 6920
01-07-12, 22:57
Aww man :( My wife just threw out one of those about a month ago. If I only knew then what I know now. I have an entire desk with 4 big drawers stuffed with gun goodies.

militarymoron
01-07-12, 23:35
now why didn't i think of that??? thanks for sharing.

ST911
01-07-12, 23:45
A question... Plenty of us have boxes and tubs of holsters and mag pouches. How many actually use more than a few of each? If I factor in ankle, pocket, and waist carry for guns I EDC or shoot, I can't think of more than a half dozen I need to keep at hand.

TR1
01-08-12, 00:07
Very functional idea and relatively inexpensive. Thanks, Lost River.

Pax
01-08-12, 01:46
A question... Plenty of us have boxes and tubs of holsters and mag pouches. How many actually use more than a few of each? If I factor in ankle, pocket, and waist carry for guns I EDC or shoot, I can't think of more than a half dozen I need to keep at hand.

An unfortunate byproduct of competing manufacturers and different people wanting different products is having to sort through horribly inconsistent equipment to find what actually works for certain applications. I dont own 10+ holsters because I need that many. I own that many because it took me this long to go through using all that crap and determine that better stuff is out there. Such is life in the free market.

JSantoro
01-08-12, 09:27
How many actually use more than a few of each?

Look at it less from strictly the standpoint of holsters used, and do so from space used. I dunno about anybody else, but the only back-of-door I have in use at the moment is the one in my bathroom, which has a rack that holds my bathrobe and towels.

If I stick all of my holsters...
For each pistol:
-IWB no light
-OWB no light
-OWB w/light
-one each Safariland w/light and no light for the warbelt
And that's for only 3 pistols.

....on the back of the door of my arms room, I end up with a drawer, a shelf, or boxes/tubs put to potentially better use.

Jeez, just LOOK at us.....this might as well be Redbook. :D

Lost River
01-17-12, 10:01
I find that using the system shown above is a heck of a lot easier for me to find exactly what I need, when I need it.

Mag pouches for carry guns are a lot easier to keep track of this way. Same with belts.

RedBook comment got a chuckle/snicker out of my Bride!!:D

Abraxas
01-17-12, 10:20
Very nice!