PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Tactical 1911 specific classes; operator, armorer, gunsmithing

Larry Vickers
12-11-07, 12:13
Gents

I wanted to alert everyone who is interested in that in 2008 I will be offering a full range of 1911 specific classes - so anyone with a 1911 who want's to get detailed specific instruction on it can do so - here it is;

1911 operator - 2 days - $400 - 1 day of range drills using a 1911 pistol; drills are specifically designed and tailored to highlight key features of using a 1911 pistol. The 2nd day begins with detail disassembly and assembly along with an operator level troubleshooting class to allow the end user to recognize problems that may develop - I generally do some on the spot gunsmithing on students guns that is included - the day wraps up with some range fire to highlight test fire procedures. This class has been very positively received - max class size is 16

1911 armorer - 3 days - $1100 - This class takes things to the next level beyond the operators class in terms of troubleshooting , identifying, and fixing problems that may develop with your 1911. Fit and function and replacement/tuning of various parts are discussed such as safeties, triggers, hammers and sears , mag catches, check and correct barrel fit, complete reliablility work, extractors, ejectors, sights, etc. . An individual will be able to completely maintain and do limited custom work on a 1911 pistol after this class. In addition zeroing and test fire procedures are discussed. No 1911 specific range fire beyond zeroing and test fire is planned into the schedule but an extra day can be added to do so if the class desires. Max class size is 12 - in addition a specific tool and part list (student supplied) is part of this course

1911 gunsmithing; - 6 days- $2375 - This picks up where the armorers course leaves off and allows the student to build a complete custom 1911 from a box of oversize gunsmith fit parts; complete details of fitting an oversize match barrel, slide to frame fit, fitting and blending thumb and grip safeties, trigger job, complete blending of all components for a custom pistol are covered. In addition metal checkering is discussed and practiced on a limited scale. Recommended parts and sources are also covered. This is the complete package and is a great start to anyone wanting to do get into building custom 1911's. Students of this course have had very positive comments thusfar. Max class size is 7 and a specific tool and part list (student supplied) is part of this course.

So there it is - please contact me via my website for additional information about attending or hosting any one of these classes. In addition this info will be posted on my website soon

Regards

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com

9x19
12-11-07, 12:40
Mr. Vickers,

Do you have any particular locations in mind for these classes, or will that be determined later? :)

Larry Vickers
12-11-07, 12:56
Lynn Freshley is hosting me again in Northern Ohio in May and LMS defense has me in Reno, NV in June for Gunsmithing classes

others are being talked about but not solid yet

Cheers

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com

stony275
12-11-07, 13:00
I will see you in Ohio in May. This is going to be my contract completion present/new firearm to myself.

GIFFMANN
12-11-07, 13:09
Larry,

I'll be calling you this week to firm up the dates for the class here in Omaha.

Thanks!
Giff

John_Wayne777
12-11-07, 17:46
I'm definitely into the 1911 operator's course.

I'd love to take the armorer's course....It depends on the tool and part list that's required.

I'd love to take the gunsmithing course, but I don't think the budget will allow it.....

John Chapman
12-11-07, 19:14
We are very excited to have Larry in Reno in June!

abnartyguy
12-11-07, 19:35
Wow!
just tell me where your doing it and i'll be there, I just picked up one of your guns, wow, it rocks, wish i could build one like it, later!
-Zef M.

dubb-1
12-11-07, 21:21
Good for you, Stony! I am hoping to be in attendance as well.

M4arc
12-20-07, 05:17
I've started adding the 2008 training classes to Larry's website so if you don't see your class on the schedule and it's been confirmed with Larry please contact me so I get it added to the schedule. Thx.

John_Wayne777
01-29-08, 11:22
NVM --- One was announced, just not in South Hill.