PDA

View Full Version : LMT vs DD - Gas Systems

Noodle
01-08-12, 11:22
I am looking at various full weapon LMT and DD models (w/o FSBs) on the respective web sites. DD has a clear deliniation between their Carbine and Mid-length gas system models. LMT has their MRP CQB.

Can anyone tell me if the LMT MRP CQB gas system is a carbine lenth or a mid-lenth? Based on the pictures, I would say it looks like a mid-length.

Thanks,

kVon
01-08-12, 11:44
Looking at the owners manual for the MRP (DI version) it appears to be a carbine length. In doing research while shopping my LMT patrol rifle, I was told LMT doesn't really have a mid-length offering.

You are right though, the website and manual are no help.

khc3
01-08-12, 11:46
Gas system lengths for the MRP barrels are 10.5" and 14.5" 5.56 barrels are carbine length, the 16" and 18" 5.56 barrels are mid-length.

AFAIK, all 6.8 MRP barrels have a carbine length gas tube. Don't know about the .204 barrels.

Noodle
01-08-12, 12:11
I have an old 2010 LMT Catelog. On the barrel page, they differentiate between Carbine and Rifle (mid-length) barrels for both their short and long rail (MRP) upper assembly systems. The 10.5" barrel is not an option with the Rifle version (makes sense). The weights are different between the Carbine and Rifle versions so it appears as though like they have different gas systems.

On the current web site, they list both their short and long rail system (upper assembly) with the option of selecting a barrel length 10.5"-18". The 10.5" barrel is an option with the shorter rail (does not make sense). There are no weights given, so hard to tell if the gas systems are different. There is nothing on the site that speaks to Carbine vs Rifle Barrel Assemblys.

If I had to pick a rifle based on the web sites, DD would win!

MikeCLeonard
01-08-12, 12:32
khc3 is correct.

10.5" & 14.5" MRP Barrels = Carbine-Length Gas System
16" & 18" MRP Barrels = Mid-Length Gas System

kartoffel
01-08-12, 14:25
Not to threadjack, but in case anyone from LMT is reading this... how about:
9" 300BLK MRP barrel = pistol length gas