PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Rail and Reflex cans?

GIJew766
01-08-12, 19:29
Tried to search, but from my phone, it's FUBAR. Anyway, I'm thinking of building a SBR with the Centurion C4 rail, and want to mount an Ops Inc M4-M. What I'm thinking is go with the longer rail and have the can partially within the handguard. Shortening the overall length and allowing my hand further towards the muzzle. Am I out of sorts, or will the M4-M fit within the C4 rail? Thanks guys.

H

TehLlama
01-09-12, 02:35
It's not going to fit under - as a rule, it needs at least a 2.5" difference between rail length and barrel length, but right at that edge you're pushing it (3" difference is usually ideal)

GIJew766
01-09-12, 10:02
Are there any can/rail combos that would allow for that? Not necessarily reflex.

the_accuser
01-09-12, 11:38
Are there any can/rail combos that would allow for that? Not necessarily reflex.

If your looking at fitting a can under the handguard then you may want to look at Viking Tactics VTAC/JP handguard. It has a 2" diameter which will all the typical 223 cans to fit inside. Do a google search for "vtac rail + ops cans" then click on the image tab and you will see a few images.

GIJew766
01-09-12, 14:59
THAT is exactly what I am looking for. Now the big issue is ensuring that the gas block is far enough back to allow the reflex can to clear. If that is the case, an 11.5 inch barrel with the Ops Inc mount and can underneath the rifle length handguard would give me what I want if everything fits. Thank you.

H

TehLlama
01-09-12, 20:16
11.5" without a bayonet lug will do it. A low profile and you're golden.

GIJew766
01-09-12, 22:21
That's what it looks like to me. Had to check my Noveske barrel and it's exactly as you said.

As of right now, this is the planned build:

VLTOR MUR/VIS upper
Knights SR-15 ambi lower (SBR'd)
Noveske 11.5 barrel, dimpled by ADCO
Viking Tactics/JP Industries rifle length handguard
Ops Inc Brake
Ops Inc M4-M suppressor
VLTOR A5 kit
VLTOR EMOD stock
Centurion C4 diopter sights
Aimpoint T-1
White light of some sort
Knights handstop

Huzzah. Thanks for the input guys.

H

TehLlama
01-11-12, 00:17
X300 or M300, depending on mount you're after. Another option would be the DD MFAR (I think), or the Spike's BAR rail, but the VTAC once set up should be among the best options.

Everything else on there - yes.

GIJew766
01-11-12, 12:05
I was thinking of going with the M300, riding in an offset mount.

But yeah, the planned build looks good. Kind of a little excited for that check from Uncle Sam to come in.

H