PDA

View Full Version : M&P 15T stock removal - am I just dense?

KLR_Redux
12-11-07, 19:40
Okay, my understanding is that the stock should simply slide off the buffer tube after reaching the final pin position. Mine doesn't. It just stops. Am I stupid or is there something I am missing?

Well, scratch that. I may not be too bright anyway.

I am hoping Santa will bring me a VLTOR Emod stock and would like to know ahead of time how difficult it will be to install.

C4IGrant
12-11-07, 20:06
Okay, my understanding is that the stock should simply slide off the buffer tube after reaching the final pin position. Mine doesn't. It just stops. Am I stupid or is there something I am missing?

Well, scratch that. I may not be too bright anyway.

I am hoping Santa will bring me a VLTOR Emod stock and would like to know ahead of time how difficult it will be to install.

Are you pulling down on the latch???

C4

KLR_Redux
12-11-07, 20:17
Are you pulling down on the latch???

If, by down, you mean: pushing in on the latch and totally not pulling down on the latch, then yes. :D

Thanks. Down. Got it!

ptm76
12-12-07, 21:40
If, by down, you mean: pushing in on the latch and totally not pulling down on the latch, then yes. :D

Thanks. Down. Got it!

Yeah....in quick deployment, you don't want to pull the stock off the tube, thats why it is like that.:D

rmecapn
12-13-07, 11:46
Karl, my friend, invest in a TM. That's what I did. I'd never messed with a collapsible stock before. A good M4 -10 TM has lots of good info.

onmilo
12-13-07, 22:30
Bottom of the latch is a round slot nut.
There is a staked cross pin retaining the nut to the latch post.
Drift this pin out, unscrew the latch nut and you should be able to pull the front of the latch down far enough to clear the extension tube.

If not, you may then need to remove the latch nut and latch and then pull down on the threaded post to clear the extension tube. HTH

SuicideHz
12-13-07, 23:04
What?

You are joking, right?

He just wants to slide the stock body off.

Pulling the rear of the latch down and away from the stock instead of squeezing it into the stock is all you need to do in order to get the pin far enough away from the extension to slide it off.

onmilo
12-14-07, 10:23
No, I am not joking.
Some of these new, spiffy commercial collapser stocks require literally diassembling the stock assembly to get it off the buffer tube.
I wish it wasn't true but I have done enough of them to know it is.

KLR_Redux
12-14-07, 19:02
I just pulled it down and it came right off.

SuicideHz
12-14-07, 21:12
onmillo-

Which fancy stocks are you talking about? The OP has an M&P and they come with the standard 6 position. I could only assume it was the "stock" stock he was asking about. Any others he probably would have known the removal method because he would have probably installed it himself.

The only stocks with a nut and rollpin like you are describing are CAR and ribbed stocks or the Crane LMT and they all work the same way.

Now my UBR on the other hand, that's funky. The CTR was difficult at first with no instructions as well. :D

KLR_Redux
12-15-07, 16:54
Sorry to have created so much drama. :D

I do have the S&W "stock" stock on my M&P. I read the online manual for the Emod which says something to the effect of "retract and disengage the lever lock pin." I figured they meant push instead of pull.

SuicideHz
12-15-07, 16:56
Not your fault. It's all good. :)

POF.Ops
02-02-09, 18:59
What?

You are joking, right?

He just wants to slide the stock body off.

Pulling the rear of the latch down and away from the stock instead of squeezing it into the stock is all you need to do in order to get the pin far enough away from the extension to slide it off.

The removal of VLTOR stocks are exactly as SuicideHZ describes. The instructions that came with my EMOD were useless as to how to remove the existing stock. Thank you "search" function.