PDA

View Full Version : Bill Springfield Trigger: Get it fixed or what?

Evil Colt 6920
01-09-12, 13:01
Im trying to find out if his "fix" for his failing trigger jobs are really a fix
or just something I can expect to occur again after another year of shooting. Has anyone sent theirs back to him? And if so, how is it holding up now? I loved the trigger before it began randomly firing multiple rounds with one trigger pull. I will be getting a geissele trigger hopefully next weekend as I do not trust his work on my "go to" gun. Should I let him "fix" it and just use it on my dedicated .22lr rifle? Or just cut my loss and avoid future problems?

Kilo 1-1
01-09-12, 13:03
Im trying to find out if his "fix" for his failing trigger jobs are really a fix
or just something I can expect to occur again after another year of shooting. Has anyone sent theirs back to him? And if so, how is it holding up now? I loved the trigger before it began randomly firing multiple rounds with one trigger pull. I will be getting a geissele trigger hopefully next weekend as I do not trust his work on my "go to" gun. Should I let him "fix" it and just use it on my dedicated .22lr rifle? Or just cut my loss and avoid future problems?

I'd go with what's in bold. Once someone goes through the heat treatment, the fire control's reliability is compromised. You're better off getting a new trigger if you don't have on your dedicated .22.

markm
01-09-12, 13:08
Agreed.... leave the hack modifications for the members of other forums.

I wonder what'll happen to this springfield goofball if one of his customer's guns lets a round fly into something it isn't supposed to.

d90king
01-09-12, 13:10
I don't believe you are the first to have encountered this problem. If he couldn't work on it properly the first time what makes you believe that he can fix it a second time? I would ditch that trigger as fast as I would ditch a hooker with herpes.

If you do a little research I think you will see why I am skeptical.

Littlelebowski
01-09-12, 13:17
Ditch that trigger and install an aftermarket if you must have a lighter trigger.

Evil Colt 6920
01-09-12, 13:21
I'd go with what's in bold. Once someone goes through the heat treatment, the fire control's reliability is compromised. You're better off getting a new trigger if you don't have on your dedicated .22.

My thoughts as well. Ive already replaced the springfield job with my original Colt FCG which I will soon swap for a geissele. The .22lr is running the FCG came on my spikes lower. I should have followed the advice "buy once, cry once"

SteveL
01-09-12, 14:37
I've read a few horror stories about this guy's work. I would steer clear.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=69659

SWATcop556
01-09-12, 14:40
I tried one on a shooting buddy's gamer rifle and I initially thought it was a decent trigger for the price but held out on getting one of my own to see how they held up and I'm glad I did. Get a new FCG and be done with it. I'm not good with sending something to the person who ****ed it up for a "fix."

C45P312
01-09-12, 17:04
I've used his triggers on both my "training" guns when I first started getting formal instructor. Both failed on me and replaced immediately with a mil-spec standard FCG. They're good for low round count stuff, but after increase in usage, it starts to wear down where it shouldnt. Since then, I've decided to run complete guns for heavy use/training/practice