PDA

View Full Version : How many is acceptable!!!

BCmJUnKie
01-09-12, 22:56
At a friends house today, a LEO that I used to shoot with last year.

Hes a gun guy and I have known him for a couple years. Last year I had an XD for sale, he introduced me to a guy with little firearms experience and has never owned a handgun.

After talking to him I sold it to him.

About a week later, My friend and I were at the range and the guy I sold to shows up. I ask him how the XD is treating him and he replies with "Oh its great...except for the little accident hahaha!"

I asked him to ellaborate and he tells me the XD "went off" and shot a hole through his house, went outside and got stuck in his BBQ grill.

Not only that, but he thought that it was hilarious.

WTF Wow.

Hes telling me this while he is taking it out of the case and loading it and a rifle while being completely unsafe swinging the gun around and talking.

Im not gonna lie, I was a little scared and sat in the truck most of the time and NEVER took my eye off of him. ****ing moron that he is.

So I wouldnt even be mentioning this, but today, at my buddys house hanging out, and he walks in. Turns out he has been staying with my LEO buddy cause his dad kicked him out of the house recently (yes, the house that has a hole in it).

So were talking, my LEO buddy shows me a revolver and the ammo thats in it, tells me how the ammo is great for HD and proceeds to lift up a stocking thats hanging on the wall to show the brand new bullet hole from a week ago.

****ing dumbass is playing with the revolver AFTER my friend loads it, sets it down...douchebag picks it up and pulls the ****ING TRIGGER!!

I was absolutely speechless and I have no idea what expression I was wearing as this complete ****ing idiot is telling me how he had a good 45 minute LAUGH after he shot a hole in ANOTHER guys house!!

This is almost exactly a year later and he has another ND.

What would you do???

What would you do if this guy has done this before and then does it in YOUR HOUSE!!

What do I say to my friend?

Im completely dumbfounded by this. This guy is totally unsafe and he cant keep his hands off guns.

The biggest problem is, my buddy has a shit TON of guns laying all over his house.

Im kinda worried for my friend. This guy is completely unsafe.

SteyrAUG
01-09-12, 23:19
I would have no further contact with this idiot. He is a threat to your life, literally.

If your friend has any common sense, he will do the same.

Pork Chop
01-09-12, 23:25
Hopefully, natural selection will run it's course and he'll accidentally kill himself.

Hopefully without taking the life of an innocent bystander with him.

BCmJUnKie
01-09-12, 23:26
I have ZERO contact with him.

This is the first I have seen him since last year.

My Friend has been on night shift for the past 6 months and I havent seen him till today.

I feel really bad. I wish I could say something, its not my house though.

The bad part is, I dont know if it would make any difference

Wiggity
01-09-12, 23:29
Just tell your friend that you aren't comfortable around said jackass because you fear for your life.

BCmJUnKie
01-09-12, 23:35
Hopefully, natural selection will run it's course and he'll accidentally kill himself.

Hopefully without taking the life of an innocent bystander with him.

I forgot till you said that,

The day we were at the range when he told me of the ND...the FIRST one, he brought a girl with him (hes one of those guys).

My friend and I were walking back from 100 yds setting up the targets, I look up and hes standing with his girl, he grabbed my friends rifle without asking and was showing her how to aim... while it was POINTED AT US!

I yell out to him "Hey what the ****!!"

He comes back with " Its not loaded man"

When I got to him, I had a few words.

markm
01-10-12, 07:48
I know a guy that's this dangerous. Moved into a house down the street from me.

He shot his kitchen table when I was standing by him..... stopped by when I saw him out front one day and he showed me a hole that he'd shot a hole in his pick up on a camping trip.

montanadave
01-10-12, 08:09
I wouldn't be around this guy... period!

And I'd have a "come to Jesus" talk with your LEO buddy about putting himself and others at risk by letting this monkey handle firearms in his home.

I don't want to talk shit about your LEO friend, but based solely on the information presented here, I would have some serious doubts about his judgment. Hanging out at the range and letting a guy handle weapons in his home when the guy has demonstrated, repeatedly, a total lack of respect for firearms and an inability to follow the most basic rules of firearm safety is all kinds of ****ed up.

RogerinTPA
01-10-12, 08:28
I would have jumped his shit at the XD ND story. If your LEO friend puts up with it, give them both an ear full, then break contact with both. Make new friends. Your other option is to give them an ear full and warn them to NEVER EVER display a firearm in your presence again. If light bulb doesn't go off, stick to chatting with them only on the internet or phone. It's your safest bet. I'd rather be alone and alive, then shot dead by a 'friend' due to unsafe weapons handling.

HeavyDuty
01-10-12, 08:53
What would you do???

Beyond avoiding him at all costs, nothing. He'll autodarwinate before too long.

The_War_Wagon
01-10-12, 09:10
My kid brother is a LTC in the USAF. I realize, he's in his mid-40's now, and presumably, the USAF doesn't hand out silver oak leaves to just ANYBODY, but to me, will always be the kid I grew up with who ate crayons. :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, he has at LEAST one more ND than I do, because I know he has ONE. We were talking years ago one night on the phone, and he was describing replastering a wall in his bedroom that day. I asked if he was remodeling - "Nope - my .357 accidentally went off as I put it on the nightstand the night before."

Of course, my reaction was - :eek::eek::eek: I asked, "ACCIDENTALLY?!?!" He was still pretty sheepish about it - "Yeah, it just 'went off' by itself." I said, "Do you realize how FEW transfer bar failures have EVER spontaneously occurred in modern revolvers?!?! I think it's like, one!"

I reminded him of Cooper's Rules again, and told him, "the trigger is NOT a 'grabhandle!' Booger hook OUTSIDE the trigger guard until you're READY to shoot!!!" :mad:

I'm still holding at zero ND/AD's to date... and my kid brother does remind me of all those 'military intelligence' jokes sometimes... since he's in military intelligence... :blink:

What would you do if this guy has done this before and then does it in YOUR HOUSE!!

Oh yeah - PUNT him to the curb!

Sry0fcr
01-10-12, 09:24
How about trying to point him in the right direction? He's a danger to himself and others and if he "accidentally" offs himself or someone else it's just going to be more fodder to be used against the rest of us. If he blows you off fine, but at least you made the attempt. There was a time when I was a dumb ass and had a ND because I didn't grow up around guns, and everything I knew I learned from TV. Back then, I treated guns as toys, now I know better.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-10-12, 09:26
This is almost exactly a year later and he has another ND.

What would you do???

Beware the Ides of January....

Give him a SERPA holster and a video camera.

Replace his rounds with blanks and tell him the crimped end is for a really small sabot round that is hyper fast.

That dumb-ass has a girl friend? Here's hoping Darwin steps in before someone at the Trojan factory has a bad day.

Stay safe.

nobody knows
01-10-12, 10:03
Beware the Ides of January....

Give him a SERPA holster and a video camera.

Replace his rounds with blanks and tell him the crimped end is for a really small sabot round that is hyper fast.

That dumb-ass has a girl friend? Here's hoping Darwin steps in before someone at the Trojan factory has a bad day.

Stay safe.

This LMFAO

On a serious note all you can do is try to educate this man in the safe handling and application of firearms. If he doesn't take it serious then brake off all contact. If you are successful you may save this moron from himself more importantly you may save someone else from his stupidity.

usmcvet
01-10-12, 10:07
Stay away, and I would consider speaking to his chain of command. Nobody likes or wants to be a "Rat" but what if I'm at the range with my kids and one of these ****ing idiots kills them with his next ND? If they can't handle weapons safely they should not be allowed to use them.

TAZ
01-10-12, 10:25
Depending on your friends reaction to the ND in his home I'd reassess the need for such friends. Hell, I'd reasses my friendship wih a guy who leaves loaded guns laying around to begin with, especially when there are strangers present. That in and of itself is bad judgement IMO.

If for some strange reason you can disconnect from your LEO buddy, have a talk with him about the safety and liability issues he is living with. If said bugger picking deuche bag kill himself or God forbid the neighbor's kid or something with a gun your LEO friend left laying around, his ass will be on the line as well. If he doesn't get it after that say your good byes, cause he isn't worth risking your life and livelihood for. In essence of you're around when the next ND happens and it results in injury you can bet you will be spending precious time in court either as a witness, accessory or potential wallet to raid.

If it was my home and he had an ND with a gun he brought in, the least he would have to deal with is being VERY forcibly removed from the home. There is a really good chance that he would be leaving in cuffs or if he chose to ignore verbal commands he would be leaving in a bag. A person in your home who discharges a weapon for no apparent reason is IMO presenting a threat of death or serious injury.

I have zero tolerance for dipshits, no matter who they are.

J-Dub
01-10-12, 10:35
I would ditch both. Your LEO friend shouldve cut ties with him as soon as he shot a hole in his wall with a weapon he KNEW was loaded.

I would stay far far away from both. Sooner or later its going to be a human instead of a wall.

BCmJUnKie
01-10-12, 11:23
I wouldn't be around this guy... period!

And I'd have a "come to Jesus" talk with your LEO buddy about putting himself and others at risk by letting this monkey handle firearms in his home.

I don't want to talk shit about your LEO friend, but based solely on the information presented here,.

I appreciate that and really he is a good guy, but he brings it on himself.

His biggest problem is that he is too ****ing NICE! He lets people walk al over him and he is afraid to say "No".

This guy would give YOU the shirt off his back...no exaggeration.

Which is the hardest part about this situation.

He told me that he was just glad the guy wasnt pointing the gun at the cat when he pulled the trigger, I guess thats what he does when pulling TRIGGERS in the house...he points it at my friends CAT.

The FIRST ND with the XD I sold him, after he told me the gun "Went off", I explained to him to keep his stupid finger off the trigger, he tells me it was, that the gun just "went off".

That was a pistol I carried for a year and a half.

Not only that, but thinkk of the safety crap the XD has, grip safety, trigger safety, striker indicator , loaded chamber indicator.

You gotta be a ****ing IDIOT to NOT know and XD is loaded ready to go

markm
01-10-12, 11:57
Buy him an Arfcom team membership!!

Moltke
01-10-12, 12:11
Situation sucks but your friend either has to stand up to this walking safety hazard, or plan for and live with the consequences.

BCmJUnKie
01-10-12, 12:25
Situation sucks but your friend either has to stand up to this walking safety hazard, or plan for and live with the consequences.

Yes I agree but I highly doubt he will actually tell him or voice any kind of opinion.

MarkM....he is WAY past Arfcom.

This guy is the epitome of who gets made fun of here on the "Dumbest" threads.

I forgot to mention the AR he bought.

He showed it to me yesterday right before the hole in the wall.

Its an RRA, tactical. It has two Pmags duct taped together but upside down...thats high speed.

If that wasnt enough, it has a VFG that holds ANOTHER mag on the very front of the stupid "Half quad" rail that RRA uses.

Its a cheaper than dirt wet dream that fits him to a "T"

I didnt even know such a thing existed. ****ing garbage

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/Danger131/Dumbass.jpg

J-Dub
01-10-12, 12:38
Buy him an Arfcom team membership!!

LOL damn i wish i wouldve thought of that!!

Moltke
01-10-12, 12:56
Well...

Cut your losses.

BCmJUnKie
01-10-12, 21:44
Well...

Cut your losses.

I'm guessing so. I really don't want to get shot and now, any range trips he becomes a Tag-a-long.

I REFUSE to be at the range or anywhere else for that matter around that jackass.

I feel really bad for my friend though....he now has to live with dummy

HES
01-10-12, 21:54
Yeah, run, don't walk, away from that moron. You could try to educate him, but some how Im willing to bet that he is the type who already knows it all

BCmJUnKie
01-10-12, 22:36
Yeah, run, don't walk, away from that moron. You could try to educate him, but some how Im willing to bet that he is the type who already knows it all

My FRIEND isn't like that, he's too nice. It's the JACKASS that's the know it all.

The same day I was over there I was talking about a SBRd mini 14, my friend was talking about reliability issues with them and the dummy butts in saying

Well as long as you keep it in front of the gas block!

What the **** does that even mean?!

He had no clue what he was even talkin about

armakraut
01-11-12, 04:09
You need to get him an old style SIG 556 tactical light with the trigger style activation switch for his bedside carbine and tell him to practice clearing rooms. :sarcastic:

http://i40.tinypic.com/fdua2v.jpg

CoryCop25
01-11-12, 04:22
Cut off half of his trigger finger with a hatchet so it is too hard to get his bogger hook on the bang switch.
This guy is like a race car driver with a suspended license.

Abraxas
01-11-12, 05:46
:lol: Thanks for helping me start my day right.
Cut off half of his trigger finger with a hatchet so it is too hard to get his booger hook on the bang switch.
This guy is like a race car driver with a suspended license.

Moltke
01-11-12, 08:29
On a side note, I see you changed your avatar BCMJUNKIE... Hi-Point? Really?

BCmJUnKie
01-11-12, 10:55
On a side note, I see you changed your avatar BCMJUNKIE... Hi-Point? Really?

Did you look close at it?

I made it yesterday, its what would happen if Glock and Hi-point teamed up.

I guess its only funny when you dont have to explain it

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/Danger131/Hi-Point-Perfection.jpg

Moltke
01-11-12, 11:03
Oh. Okay. I didn't make the connection.

BCmJUnKie
01-11-12, 11:05
I was waiting for someone to think I was serious.

I figured the "Perfection" part of the logo would stand out.

I thought it was pretty funny.

I wouldnt use a Hi-Point for anything other than to balance out my washer

BCmJUnKie
01-11-12, 11:07
You need to get him an old style SIG 556 tactical light with the trigger style activation switch for his bedside carbine and tell him to practice clearing rooms. :sarcastic:

http://i40.tinypic.com/fdua2v.jpg

How did I miss this.

You have got to be kidding. Do you know him??

My LEO friend bought this EXACT gun a couple months ago!

He has the trigger activated light VFG and everything hahahah.

I even made a post on here about it lol

sgtjosh
01-11-12, 20:22
Your LEO buddy must not value his career. I would be bound to report an ND in my home. It would put me under some heavy scrutiny.

duece71
01-11-12, 23:49
Ah yes, The Darwin awards will be picking their winners again......soon. Cool Sig, I thought it was some sort of "raygun" or something.....:haha:

Rattlehead
01-12-12, 00:00
What would you do???

Your friend should know better.

Leave him alone.