PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Handgun Class - July 7-8, 2012 - Pittsburgh, PA

VA_Dinger
01-10-12, 09:11
Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Handgun Class - July 7-8, 2012 - Pittsburgh, PA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/vickers-tactical-logo.jpg

www.vickerstactical.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/lav-hk45.jpg

Larry Vickers is a decorated US Army Special Forces veteran and national pistol champion. Mr. Vickers has nearly two decades of special operations experience (1 SFOD-Delta), much of which was spent as his unit’s Primary Firearms Instructor. In addition to his special operations accomplishments, his competitive shooting has yielded a 10th and 9th place finish in the 1993 and 1994 USPSA Limited Nationals as well as a 1st place finish in CDP class at the 2001 IDPA Mid-Winter Nationals at Smith & Wesson. Mr. Vickers is a founding member of IDPA. In addition to being a highly experienced operator and national pistol champion, Mr. Vickers is also one of the premier 1911 pistolsmiths in the country and his work has been featured in several firearms publications and on the cover of American Handgunner. In addition to all this, Mr. Vickers has served as a consultant and technical expert to the firearms industry. Mr. Vickers is featured on two new firearms, tactics, and accessories focused T.V. shows called Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/logo.jpg

Grey Group Training:
www.greygrouptraining.com

Vickers Tactical 2-Day Level-1 Handgun Class - July 7-8, 2012 - Pittsburgh, PA

This class is an entry level course for handgun shooters and is designed specifically for those who have not had any formal instruction or those who wish a refresher class. Topics covered include the following: safety, stance, grip, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their service pistol includes field stripping and maintenance. In addition to this, other topics that are covered include reloads, draw, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting.

Instructor: Larry Vickers

Class dates: July 7-8, 2012

Cost: $525

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Serviceable holster (Blackhawk Serpa Holsters Not allowed)
- Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
- Minimum of three serviceable magazines (5 is better)
- 1000 rounds of ammunition
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Good attitude

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Alias Training sign-up page:
* Sign-up website will be available later this week. Until then please contact me to sign-up.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
training@greygrouptraining.com

SpyderMan2k4
02-15-12, 13:00
I've been waiting for another class to come around Pittsburgh. Can't wait!

Edit to add: the sign up page directs to Chino, CA. Just be careful when signing up until the link is fixed

Shawn.L
04-02-12, 17:43
I've been waiting for another class to come around Pittsburgh. Can't wait!

Edit to add: the sign up page directs to Chino, CA. Just be careful when signing up until the link is fixed

Im looking forward to it !

You local ?

bigmerv
04-03-12, 09:24
I put a deposit down a few weeks ago. This will be my first formal class. About a 4.5-5 hour drive for me, I'm on the other side of the state.

Shawn.L
04-05-12, 14:43
I put a deposit down a few weeks ago. This will be my first formal class. About a 4.5-5 hour drive for me, I'm on the other side of the state.

Northern Red is doing classes out your way too
http://store.greygrouptraining.com/PALMYRA-c-311/

SpyderMan2k4
04-08-12, 11:12
Im looking forward to it !

You local ?

I've lived a little about half an hour south of Pittsburgh my whole life (till about a week ago when I moved a little further south, now about an hour outside of the city).

It'll also be my first formal training class, so I'm very excited

Shawn.L
05-03-12, 16:23
I've lived a little about half an hour south of Pittsburgh my whole life (till about a week ago when I moved a little further south, now about an hour outside of the city).

It'll also be my first formal training class, so I'm very excited

its only 2 months out now, your in for one hell of a great first class.
Wise choice ;)

Phillygunguy
06-21-12, 08:42
This is my first formal trianing class too However I just looked at the Greygroup website and states that they require you to have already taken a class prior to this.
I emailed Greygroup and waiting to here back. Does anyone know if myself or others will be denied this class? I hate to drive all the way to Pittsburgh only to be told i signed up for the wrong class.

C45P312
06-21-12, 08:46
This is my first formal trianing class too However I just looked at the Greygroup website and states that they require you to have already taken a class prior to this.
I emailed Greygroup and waiting to here back. Does anyone know if myself or others will be denied this class? I hate to drive all the way to Pittsburgh only to be told i signed up for the wrong class.

As long as you have solid gun handling skills and you're safe on the range, it shouldn't be a problem. If you shoot IDPA/IPSC/USPSA matches or go out shooting often, you should be fine as well. Don't get this class confused with Vicker's 1 Day Basic or VSM handgun course. Level 1 handgun is the next step up.

Shawn.L
06-21-12, 09:21
As long as you have solid gun handling skills and you're safe on the range, it shouldn't be a problem. If you shoot IDPA/IPSC/USPSA matches or go out shooting often, you should be fine as well. Don't get this class confused with Vicker's 1 Day Basic or VSM handgun course. Level 1 handgun is the next step up.

What he said .

Your fine .

Phillygunguy
06-21-12, 09:35
I haven't been in any matches but been shooting for 7 years now I go to the range weekly shoot about 150-200 rounds each time I do dry practice as well on a daily basis which consists of the basics grip stance sight alignment sight picture trigger control malfunction drills.I am mostly self taught read and learned a lot on here and articles. Also videos with Ken Hackathorn Magpul and Panteo productions Its not as much compared to others on here and if its bot enough would a basic training class with some else prior to this be enough?

Ty_B
06-28-12, 07:45
I'm driving out from the Philly area (near Coatesville) and the person I was going with cancelled, so if anyone wants to carpool, please send me a PM.

One thing though - I have to come back on Sunday after the class because I have to work on Monday morning.

ETA: The description in my confirmation email is different than what is posted above. This is mostly meant as feedback for GGT. For one thing, the round count is different. Pre req's are also different. See below:

REQUIRED GEAR:
Eye and Ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
Serviceable holster
Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
800 rounds of ammunition
Suitable range wear depending on the season
Good attitude

COURSE OVERVIEW
This class is for shooters who have had at least a basic pistol class either from Vickers Tactical or any other accredited instructor. State concealed carry certification classes specifically do not qualify. Topics covered include basic pistol topics and the following: malfunction drills, shooting on the move as well as strong hand and weak hand shooting. Introduction to timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Concealed carry methods are also covered. Night-fire will depend on time of year and range restrictions.

PoppaPump
07-02-12, 08:53
93 and 87 in the forecast for Saturday/Sunday.

Water, water and more water....

cody0341
07-02-12, 10:08
what range is this going to be at? I live in pittsburgh

Shawn.L
07-02-12, 10:14
what range is this going to be at? I live in pittsburgh

Pitcarin Monroeville Sportsmans

PMSC

SpyderMan2k4
07-02-12, 16:41
Anyone have any guesses how many people are attending? Or even how many people these classes normally take?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2