PDA

View Full Version : OLY arms 9mm upper with a RRA 2 stage trigger kit

rangeruger
01-11-12, 10:07
Has anyone tried this and will the RRA 2stage trigger and hammer work with the OLY arms 9mm barrel and bolt? I have a ramped CMMG bolt but I don't believe that it will chamber a round in the barrel since the OLY bcg is a bit longer.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o309/rangeruger/OlympicArms1.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o309/rangeruger/CMMG.jpg

markm
01-11-12, 10:21
RRA, OLY, and CMMG in one post? Not bad.... you just need some DPMS parts to round it out. :p

VaeVictis
01-11-12, 13:54
Do yourself a favor and stay away from the RRA trigger, they are known for crapping out on you. I had one and while I liked the feel of the trigger it started losing its first stage and then began double firing in less than 1k rounds. I'll never waste my money on anything made by RRA again, I have since installed a Geisselle trigger and never looked back. As far as OLY goes, I'll never own anything made by them and especially wouldn't trust them enough to use one of their bolts.

rangeruger
01-11-12, 15:46
I appreciate the input so far.

ad701xx
01-11-12, 21:12
I'm confused. Do you have an Olympic 9mm upper already?

The CMMG bolt is a Colt pattern bolt. The Olympic is not even close and they won't work together.

rangeruger
01-12-12, 06:34
Sorry if I was not clear. I have an OA upper with an OA bolt in it. Will the RRA 2 stage trigger and hammer work with that configuration? I also have a CMMG bolt that is not in the gun and don't believe that it will work with the OA type barrel.
I have the answer already but confirmation from someone who has actually used the same setup would be appreciated.

beerman
01-12-12, 07:24
the CMMG bolt will not work in the OLY 9mm barrel.
they are different.

i have used an ArmaLite 2 stage trigger on a friends OLY upper, so i see no reason why it shuold not work with a RRA trigger.

rangeruger
01-12-12, 09:08
We have a winner!! That confirms the information that I have found.
Thanks for the help.

Schulze
01-27-12, 09:28
My RRA 2 stage snapped the disconnector in 500 rounds. When I called them, the first question they asked was, "were you shooting it on a caliber other than 5.56?"

beerman
01-30-12, 13:00
that sounds like a quality trigger... :jester: