PDA

View Full Version : .308 accubond vs interbond?

kenndapp
01-13-12, 05:03
i am trying out new .308 duty loads as per doc's thread. most of the factory ammo i am looking at uses a nosler accubond or hornady interbond (both on doc's list ). they are both bonded, they are both plastic tipped. they seem very similar in construction. does one have a performance edge over the other or are they the same? things that are factors to me are; expansion threshold, penetration depth to max expansion, retained wieght, penetration, and expansion itself. if any one could sway me one way or they other it would be greatly appreciated.

DocGKR
01-13-12, 11:15
All of the following bonded PT's work well: Federal TTBBC, Nosler Accubond PT, Swift Scirocco bonded PT, and Hornady Interbond PT.

kenndapp
01-18-12, 22:43
Is there a differance between the different bullet wieghts in terms of terminal balistics? Will a 150gr accubond perform much differently than a 180gr accubond? And if so....how dramatic is that differance?

DocGKR
01-19-12, 13:34
The heavier ones generally penetrate deeper. Out of 16" barrel semi-auto's, the 150's tend to offer ideal penetration depth, ex. the 150 gr CLUB and 150 gr Gold Dot.

kenndapp
01-19-12, 14:39
thank you. do you know what the expansion threshold is for the hornady interbond? or the nosler accubond?