PDA

View Full Version : Dale Fricke Holster

jamaicanj
01-13-12, 06:41
I'm excited. Emailed Dale yesterday to discuss an appendix holster and also an iwb mag carrier for my G17 with rmr and suppressor sights. Communication from Mr Fricke is excellent and estimated turnaround time (should be ready next week) is amazing. I'm used to hearing about custom holsters taking forever to produce, so I was very pleased to hear next week.

I'll be certain to report back to everyone as to the fit, function and comfort of my new gear when I get it. Given all the reviews that I've read so far, I'm confident that I'll love the stuff.

The link to Mr Fricke's site:
http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/index.htm

Smash
01-13-12, 07:08
I had a similar experience with him this week. I should have a Arch Angel for a Glock 17 by next week as well. I look forward to see how a fricke designed for the RMR does.

Jack-O
01-13-12, 10:58
Dale is good people and stands behind his work. If you damage that thing let him know and he'll fix it for you. usually for free.

PlatoCATM
01-13-12, 11:08
This reminds me-I have an arch angel for a G19 in my cart @ brownells. DocGKR has posted positive reports of a fricke holster with mini-red dot. That recommendation is enough for me, even though I'm running the standard non-sighted version. I will probably carry at 3:00 though until Todd Green's back plate comes out to block the striker while holstering.

Don Robison
01-13-12, 11:41
Dale's work is second to none. I've been using his holsters since about 03-04.

kdcgrohl
01-13-12, 11:47
Arch Angel, AIWB, cut down sweat guard. Hands down the best holster I've ever tried.

custom-x_sponjah
01-21-12, 10:57
I'll probably catch some Flak from the boss for this.
I wear a Dale Fricke IWB holster daily, and have for almost 2 years..

CXS

Sigfan24
01-22-12, 21:20
Dale's work is impeccable! He has done everything from a pen holder to a Seraphim G17 holster w/ TLR1 mounted, to a Kukri sheath. The sky is the limit with this guy!

sjc3081
01-22-12, 23:24
What does this holster do better than a blade tech IWB IDPA
Or is this just Warriortalk marketing

Don Robison
01-22-12, 23:45
What does this holster do better than a blade tech IWB IDPA
Or is this just Warriortalk marketing

It's specifically built with a hood to protect the RMR and the sight channel is taller. I don't believe a Glock with suppressor sights and an RMR will fit in the IWB/IDPA holster because the front of the holster comes up too high and I don't think the sight channel is tall enough to clear the suppressor sights.
FWIW; Blade-Tec also makes a copy of the holster for TSD/OST that is slightly less expensive than Dale's work.

aflin
01-23-12, 00:33
I'm still debating on whether I like my DF Archangel or not. It's wicked fast, but the inherent design does not lead to conceal-ability nor comfortability. It's definitely a trade off, one I'm not sure to make. Sure, some may argue that CCWing shouldn't be comfortable but comforting. I don't agree with that, why the hell can't it be both? So long comfort doesn't detract from performance, I'm all for it.

I just may be spoiled by the comfort, conceal-ability, and fast aspects of my SCW K25. But between the k25 and AA, AA wins in terms of speed. But then again, the nature of Appendix carry is fast. K25, I routinely draw shoot 1 round into a 10 yard IPSC A zone in low 1.4s. Dale fricke, I routinely clocked in at 1.1s, 1.2s. Best split was sub 1s. In my experience, DF appendix is fast!

I have a couple of gripes about the design of the AA. IMO the AA is the best AIWB holster I've tried, there are room for improvements. The loops (hands down the most overlooked aspect in holster design) on the AA are so close to being a winner. It's thin, definitely tough and durable, but provides way too much flex for my liking. One aspect I love about the K25 is the loops. I'm considering about butchering one the K25 loops to make the width smaller while still retaining the rigidity, and putting them on the AA.

While tension screws add a nice touch of personal preferences, they are bulky, too bulky.

The sweat guard or hood whatever you want to call it, needs to modified. The edges of the hood print out quite a bit.

That's my take on the Archangel. Awesome for speed, mediocre in conceal and comfort. With a few minor touches (okay, alot) I may be sold on the holster. But not yet...

trinydex
01-23-12, 01:54
So delivery time for the aa is one week?

kdcgrohl
01-23-12, 09:49
RE: sweat guard being cut....
This is mine after the guard was cut down and smoothed. The gun felt better to me than that guard. I also moved the loop attachment points up to carry a bit lower.
http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/kdcgrohl/firearms/IMG_20110720_140734.jpg

I'm still debating on whether I like my DF Archangel or not. It's wicked fast, but the inherent design does not lead to conceal-ability nor comfortability. It's definitely a trade off, one I'm not sure to make. Sure, some may argue that CCWing shouldn't be comfortable but comforting. I don't agree with that, why the hell can't it be both? So long comfort doesn't detract from performance, I'm all for it.

I just may be spoiled by the comfort, conceal-ability, and fast aspects of my SCW K25. But between the k25 and AA, AA wins in terms of speed. But then again, the nature of Appendix carry is fast. K25, I routinely draw shoot 1 round into a 10 yard IPSC A zone in low 1.4s. Dale fricke, I routinely clocked in at 1.1s, 1.2s. Best split was sub 1s. In my experience, DF appendix is fast!

I have a couple of gripes about the design of the AA. IMO the AA is the best AIWB holster I've tried, there are room for improvements. The loops (hands down the most overlooked aspect in holster design) on the AA are so close to being a winner. It's thin, definitely tough and durable, but provides way too much flex for my liking. One aspect I love about the K25 is the loops. I'm considering about butchering one the K25 loops to make the width smaller while still retaining the rigidity, and putting them on the AA.

While tension screws add a nice touch of personal preferences, they are bulky, too bulky.

The sweat guard or hood whatever you want to call it, needs to modified. The edges of the hood print out quite a bit.

That's my take on the Archangel. Awesome for speed, mediocre in conceal and comfort. With a few minor touches (okay, alot) I may be sold on the holster. But not yet...

aflin
01-23-12, 11:02
RE: sweat guard being cut....
This is mine after the guard was cut down and smoothed. The gun felt better to me than that guard. I also moved the loop attachment points up to carry a bit lower.
http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/kdcgrohl/firearms/IMG_20110720_140734.jpg

Touche my friend...

That should fix some issues. Any problems drilling into kydex? I just don't want to shatter the kydex or anything

kdcgrohl
01-23-12, 11:19
Touche my friend...

That should fix some issues. Any problems drilling into kydex? I just don't want to shatter the kydex or anything

I had no trouble using a drill press(low speed) and holding the holster.

williejc
01-24-12, 01:09
I've used the AA for nine months and like it. My pot belly requires that I carry closer to 3 o'clock than appendix. The altered position works nicely, and now the pistol no longer "rides too high". The holster was made right to start with. Pistol is GLK 26.

Spurholder
01-24-12, 13:56
Talked to Dale over the phone when I ordered my holster. Great guy; even sent me a Bible with the holster and mag pouch.

I like my Archangel. Even wore it ice skating last weekend.

I had to modify mine with a Dremel due to my VT/TD slide release. I just cut a channel to remove any contact with the slide release (due to the thickness of the kydex). No issues, works like a champ.

Jack-O
01-24-12, 14:01
dale reccomended I put what he calls a "fat boy adaptor" on my archangel.

It's basically a pad attached to the inside bottom of the holster where it hits your pelvic bone. the pad shoves it away from your body just enough to push the grip into your gut and prevents 90% of the printing.. Once I did that it was gravy from then on. I reccomend at least 1" of compressed closed cell foam. I used 2-3 layers of a camping ground pad electrical taped on there.

as for modifying it, Dale tells me that re-heating it ruins the temper of the kydex, so try to avoid that. I would think that drilling and cutting and sanding would be OK to a point tho. when in doubt call Dale, he'll help you out, and he can and will modify his design for your needs... something I have not heard about bladetech.