PDA

View Full Version : Video: Armed Man Chased By Portland Guardian Angels

Nightvisionary
01-14-12, 05:10
I don't know why exactly but I find the whole video freaking hilarious. It reminds me of an episode from Curb Your Enthusiasm:D

http://www.katu.com/news/local/KATU-crew-records-man-being-chased-by-a-gun-near-MAX-137334533.html?tab=video&c=y

Mauser KAR98K
01-14-12, 08:25
Looks like he had a Hi-Point.

devildogljb
01-14-12, 17:17
um wow, i respect the guardian angles but the worst thing they/he could of done is chase a armed suspect when they are not armed. What would of happened if the suspect turned around and fired at him/them. They are suppost to patrol areas to to try and prevent crimes and report them/have a presence in the community. This is just my opinion of course would i have done it probably not.

PdxMotoxer
01-17-12, 07:02
The Guardian Angels in this video didn't know he had a gun.

There was a recent beating (Mother AND Daughter beat on ONE girl on our public transportation) So the news crew was there just setting up
to do a story on public transit when they heard people yelling STOP
and seen those G.A.'s chasing that guy So they started filming.

The G.A. walked on what they thought was a drug buy and when they
seen the guys exchange something (turns out it was that gun) for money they were going in for a citizens hold and arrest when the guys split out running.

..enter the news crew setting up for a story.

SteyrAUG
01-17-12, 13:10
um wow, i respect the guardian angles but the worst thing they/he could of done is chase a armed suspect when they are not armed. What would of happened if the suspect turned around and fired at him/them. They are suppost to patrol areas to to try and prevent crimes and report them/have a presence in the community. This is just my opinion of course would i have done it probably not.

Not sure about today, but the Guardian Angels of the early 80s would do quite a bit more than observe and report. They would routinely mix it up with subway muggers. And sometimes it would bite them on the ass, a few were shot or stabbed for their enthusiasm.

At the same time, there is a downside to the organization. It was later shown that they staged some of their rescues to gain media attention and that the founder faked his own kidnapping.

Certainly made for interesting times.